Nationwide - UK - CC payment online authorisation

Any one had / having problems with getting Nationwide to authorise or not payments ?

In the past I paid my 20 year long email account ( Thai company ) with my Nationwide CC, never a problem.
This month I tried but the email provider asked for bank authorisation, I tried twice waiting 20 minutes each time, nothing from Nationwide.
Each time I tried I had to re-order all over again.    

I gave up and had a friend use their CC card, no problem.

Last year I renewed my antivirus / VPN apps without a problem.

I've failed to make it work too, even my UK based Google Play account has now stopped.

I admit I haven't pursued it too hard, I have other cards both UK and Thai which work just fine. 

9 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

Any one had / having problems with getting Nationwide to authorize or not payments ?

Good while back now I had Nationwide account and stopped using it because they wouldn't re-new my credit card because I didn't have an address in UK.

There have been recent changes for online payments according to Lloyds who I use.

When you're setting up payments they will be requiring multiple factors of identification.

So they will send an SMS to your phone that contains a pin number that must be entered.

I believe it's not just Lloyds who are doing this, it's some kind of new banking industry regulation.

I still have my uk mobile phone number for this kind of situation.....

See here for more details : https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-5946191/Visa-require-text-message-confirmation-online-card-purchases.html

The deadline is apparently September 2019 according to the article but I guess some banks are introducing it sooner....

In fact this is even more draconian than what I read about : https://stripe.com/gb/guides/strong-customer-authentication

Making everyones life a little bit harder....

Edited by ukrules