Khon Kaen villagers swear by 'miracle powers' of plastic healing card

webfact

By The Nation

0d689a148a8c100b9bcc6392c5e3b790-sld.jpe

Local residents in northeastern Khon Khaen province are rushing to buy a plastic card they believe has miraculous powers to soothe body pain.

The card is proving a big hit in Ban Saladin, Ubonrat district, where people are eager to pay the Bt1,100-Bt1,500 asking price in exchange for the promise of relief from painful medical conditions.

Seller Tawee Peer-in claims the piece of plastic can cure illnesses and their symptoms, especially aches and pains. Users are instructed to either tap the card on the painful area, place a glass of water on top of the card and count to 10 and then drink the water, or even dip the card into the water and drink it.

Tawee said using the piece of plastic had helped ease his back pain, so he registered as a “member” to sell the card. He declined to give more details about how the card is sold and marketed.

Customer Thongsri Wongchaiwat, 66, said she bought the card after hospital treatment failed to cure her back pain and water-in-the-ear.

She reports feeling better after placing the plastic on her back – though she is also taking medicine prescribed for the condition by the hospital. She said she was convinced the card was responsible for 50 per cent of her healing.

The card’s popularity has spread to neighbouring villages, where residents are now calling on authorities to scrutinise the “miraculous plastic” and those involved in the business.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370950

thenation_logo.jpg

6 minutes ago, webfact said:

Users are instructed to either tap the card on the painful area, place a glass of water on top of the card and count to 10 and then drink the water,

Yes, I'm sure that will work! Why would you need to reform education? :wacko:

The card’s popularity has spread to neighbouring villages, where residents are now calling on authorities to scrutinise the “miraculous plastic” and those involved in the business.

Good to see some people need to see this piece of plastic checked out first before wasting any of their money on what might be fake goods .

40 minutes ago, webfact said:

Seller Tawee Peer-in claims the piece of plastic can cure illnesses and their symptoms,

I am sure, the only thing that will get better is Tawee Peer-in's bank balance.

Bt1,100-Bt1,500 a pop, and there is no shortage of gullible Thais up here !

50 minutes ago, webfact said:

She reports feeling better after placing the plastic on her back – though she is also taking medicine prescribed for the condition by the hospital. She said she was convinced the card was responsible for 50 per cent of her healing.

Image result for banging my head meme

1 minute ago, marko kok prong said:

This is like my now seperated wife,who went to the local witchdoctor and had two dolls of a man and a woman bound together,so i could never leave her,she truly beleived in this,it worked out well for her.

Did  you keep hers and  stick the pins  in later?

I have to try this for my bad back. What do the instructions say I must do:

Users are instructed to either tap the card on the painful area, place a glass of water on top of the card and count to 10 and then drink the water, or even dip the card into the water and drink it.

Right ok I'll get on it straight away, err wonder if my Amex card work as well? :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I have to try this for my bad back. What do the instructions say I must do:

Users are instructed to either tap the card on the painful area, place a glass of water on top of the card and count to 10 and then drink the water, or even dip the card into the water and drink it.

Right ok I'll get on it straight away, err wonder if my Amex card work as well? :cheesy:

Nah its not RED

Black does not have the magical powers and Platinum even less 

44 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

This is like my now seperated wife,who went to the local witchdoctor and had two dolls of a man and a woman bound together,so i could never leave her,she truly beleived in this,it worked out well for her.

Thai magic not work on farangs. ????

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Seller Tawee Peer-in claims the piece of plastic can cure illnesses and their symptoms, especially aches and pains. Users are instructed to either tap the card on the

mirror whilst sweeping the " medication " into a neat little line ..

or see if it'll work in an ATM .. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”

― Frank Zappa

This gave me an idea, a good little money earner

Get some coloured plastic, sell to some demented souls

Tell them to rub on head then put in purse

At night you will see the lucky lottery numbers :clap2:

If I try to market, how long before I get locked up 5 minutes  

7 minutes ago, isaantom said:

Don't blame the Thais.

Europe knows a similar Million-Euro-business. It's called "Esoterik".

Laugh if you will but the healing power of the mind, Placebo effect, is very strong. Many medicines, when checked for chemical compounds and compared to the illness they should treat, shouldn't/can't actually work in the way prescribed, even many modern day medicines rely on the placebo effect and you pay through the nose for them.

Archived