Thai travellers: the best to have around

webfact

Are you joking. Thai travelers are the worst with their cell telephones and talk loudy as hell. They don't care about anybody, naiv like a 1 year old child, shout as hell. Specially when you take a bus in Thailand. THAI TRAVELLERS ARE 100 % DISTURBING ALWAYS. I am tired of it. This is the only reason I am going to leave this country. And you can have a nice trip and sit down with Thai.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SanookTeufel said:

Interesting that Thai's avoid confrontation but have no problem confronting people about hogging the armrest!
Very informative article!

This article has given me my first good laugh of the day .. Now where is my bacon sandwich “;0) 

Have to remember that people who take planes (the respondents for this survey, even where the questions are about hotels) are unrepresentative of a nation's population. This is especially true for a country like Thailand, where only a small proportion of the population can afford to fly. That said, I have never seen any bad behaviour by Thais on planes... other nationalities, yes, but not Thais.     

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

This survey and report are cut from whole cloth, less than meaningless & along the lines of that survey other day about best airlines.

The methodology: how many who took survey have encountered travelers from 100+ countries and knew which came from where? I could go on and on, but like posted earlier, this is BS.

The information you requested is contained here: https://newsroom.expedia.com/2019-06-11-Expedias-Etiquette-Study-Shows-That-When-It-Comes-to-Good-Travel-Your-Manners-Are-the-Carry-on-That-Matter-Most

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Millcx said:

This article has given me my first good laugh of the day .. Now where is my bacon sandwich “;0) 

slightly off topic but true story,As we landed in Bruni one time the scottish pilot on open mike was heard to say

" I could half go a bacon sandwich now" still makes me laugh when i think about it. ???? ????

Edited by brianthainess
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Thai bashing will continue now in his post but when I ask why farangs are desperate like Laos/Cambodian/Myanmar people to live in scorching heat of Thailand to inhale smog, the moderator wants to ban me for 7-day. What are they afraid of? 

Most are feeding addictions. Some are here for work. Some are stuck after marrying bar girls and starting families with them. And others simply because life is cheap and easy here. 

It’s not really a mystery.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Since I find most Thai people to be courteous, and pleasant to be around, I would have to agree with this survey. In addition they tend to be lighthearted, which makes them easy to be surrounded by, as they love to have fun! 

Of course they are... great drivers too, always giving way, saying 'thank you' when I let them go first. They never push in in 7/11s, never pick their nose in public or leave those darn mobiles on in the massage parlor. Lighthearted too, of course, and never cheat or lie just like their government. 

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Of course they are... great drivers too, always giving way, saying 'thank you' when I let them go first. They never push in in 7/11s, never pick their nose in public or leave those darn mobiles on in the massage parlor. Lighthearted too, of course, and never cheat or lie just like their government. 

Sorry to hear you disapprove of, and dislike your hosts. I find most Thai people to be rather delightful, especially when compared to the surly people back home in the US. I am not making a case that the Thai people are without fault. Just saying they are pleasant to be around, for the most part. If you cannot even see that, my heart goes out to you. Must be difficult living in a country, where you do not like the majority of the people!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

How about following rules?

thanks, this supports my comments about not trusting surveys,

Edited by Mavideol
  • Sad 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Sorry to hear you disapprove of, and dislike your hosts. I find most Thai people to be rather delightful, especially when compared to the surly people back home in the US. I am not making a case that the Thai people are without fault. Just saying they are pleasant to be around, for the most part. If you cannot even see that, my heart goes out to you. Must be difficult living in a country, where you do not like the majority of the people!

It's true that I don't live here because I love Thais lol. I do like some 'exceptions' but it might be fairer to say I don't like what Thais have become, but rather than just list all that (and face a problem with mods) I am confident the vast majority on here would agree. I'm hoping the young generation improve things. I stay here as it's cheap, easy to travel to other SEA locations, girls are easy and weather is much nicer. 

• Confused 1