Jomptien Immigration Today 21/06/19

On 6/21/2019 at 3:59 PM, potless said:

The concession at present is that if you are on a retirement extension, you dont need to lodge a new TM30 if you travel as long as you return to your registered address.

4 hours ago, Mac98 said:

If you travel in Thailand you don't need to get a new TM30 upon return home, but you do if returning from foreign travel, even if you stop off at a hotel in Thailand, where you are reported, and then return home. (I asked.)

Why do you try guys to invent rules that don't exist in Jomtien ???

The current rule is very easy: If you are on a Retirement Extension, you don't need to do a TM30... ever!

Not if it's the first one, not if you come back from abroad, just never. :cool:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

The current rule is very easy: If you are on a Retirement Extension, you don't need to do a TM30... ever!

That is my rule for Jomtiem... as long as it remains the same for the IOs there I remain happy. 

I went there and filed a new TM30 last week, the day after I returned from abroad because I have a new passport and do not want to take a chance.

Something caught me by surprise, this may not be new but it is to me: now a letter from the embassy is required to transfer stamps from the old passport even if the new passport was obtained in your home country, not from an embassy in Bangkok. Luckily I have a week before my extension expires, just enough time to deal with it.

io.jpg

Edited by Thailand J
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thailand J said:

I went there and filed a new TM30 last week, the day after I returned from abroad because I have a new passport and do not want to take a chance.

Something caught me by surprise, this may not be new but it is to me: now a letter from the embassy is required to transfer stamps from the old passport even if the new passport was obtained in your home country, not from an embassy in Bangkok. Luckily I have a week before my extension expires, just enough time to deal with it.

Key Visa will supply you with the letter. 

4 minutes ago, Thailand J said:

I did called an agent.  Was quoted 5000B. So i chose to deal with it myself. I have  a week and have to goto Bangkok anyway.

This requirement has been in force for quite a while now but you may not have come across it if this is your first passport renewal for several years.

I'm not sure which Embassy you deal with.  The UK Embassy outsourced passport renewal to VFS Global, who live in a building with a silly name in Suk Soi 13, Bangkok.  When i last renewed my passport, last year, the request document to transfer stamps was provided when I picked up the new passport.

Getting the stamps transferred, at Jomtien, was painless and there is no charge for doing this.

Hi Folks

I am still a bit confused on the new rules for retirement Extension.. is this correct:

800K in the bank 2 months before Retirement expiry Date...1st 90 day check in, or 90 days from the issue of  date of Retirement Visa Extension... The amount required is 800K or 400K...

Cheers Thanks

3 minutes ago, Nickiboy03 said:

Hi Folks

I am still a bit confused on the new rules for retirement Extension.. is this correct:

800K in the bank 2 months before Retirement expiry Date...1st 90 day check in, or 90 days from the issue of  date of Retirement Visa Extension... The amount required is 800K or 400K...

Cheers Thanks

Jomtien.

800K two months before? YES

Check in three months after? YES

400K or 800K for the that check in? 800K

After the check in you are not allowed to go under 400K for the rest of the year. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Jomtien.

800K two months before? YES

Check in three months after? YES

400K or 800K for the that check in? 800K

After the check in you are not allowed to go under 400K for the rest of the year. 

The correction is correct. 

Of course it's two months before the APPLICATION date. NOT the expiration date.

Sorry for that slip up. 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:25 AM, doctormann said:

Just back from Jomptien Immigration after applying for Retirement Extension.

No problems.  I had a UK Embassy letter, dated 31/12/18 and this was accepted.

No mention of a TM30.

Bank letter and pass book copy was returned to me as not required.

I provided the usual copies:  passport, proof of address, tabien baan and wife's ID card.

Passport to be picked up on Monday afternoon.

Very quiet in there today at 09:00 - only two people in front of me in the queue.  Took about 30 minutes overall.

Thank you for your report. I'll be presenting my Australian Embassy letter that I obtained in the first week of January (last day they issued them on Jan 4) for a retirement extension application next week and I was concerned about whether they would accept it or not. I have no TM30, only a TM28.

Edited by tropo

10 hours ago, Thailand J said:

io.jpg

I had stamps transferred last week. My Australian passport had an official stamp on the 2nd page saying it was replaced by a new passport. No certificate was required. An embassy certificate was required for my wife's Philippine passport. I take it the embassy stamp was sufficient for them but they immediately requested my wife's certificate. It could be embassy specific, but the document checker was right on the ball and knew exactly what she wanted.

The forms for transfer that I had to fill out were hilarious. It's suggesting that they are doing me a favour by transferring information from the old passport to the new one. I'm surprised they do it for free.

If you're at the Jomtien office, I would recommend letting the photocopy boy do all the required photocopying. They sent me to him and a few minutes later he had done all the required photocopying for 2 passports, for 30 baht... copies from 4 passports. He was very efficient.

Edited by tropo

11 hours ago, Thailand J said:

I did called an agent.  Was quoted 5000B. So i chose to deal with it myself. I have  a week and have to goto Bangkok anyway.

I got a photocopied letter complete with vice consul's signature from Key Visa for 150 baht. Walked in, paid my money and walked out with the letter. Immigration didn't even want me to fill my details in.

Edited by petemoss

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Thank you for your report. I'll be presenting my Australian Embassy letter that I obtained in the first week of January (last day they issued them on Jan 4) for a retirement extension application next week and I was concerned about whether they would accept it or not. I have no TM30, only a TM28.

I've never had a TM30 or TM28. Never been asked for them at Jomtien.

6 minutes ago, petemoss said:

I've never had a TM30 or TM28. Never been asked for them at Jomtien.

I too have never been asked for one, but change is the name of the game with immigration and you can never be certain.

I was there on that Friday afternoon around 2pm. Took me 7 mins from getting a queue number till getting my passport back with the extension of stay for a METV. I don't know if this is a fastest record ever in Thailand but it sure was for me. In BKK it's absolutely ridiculous having to wait the whole day even if you arrive there around 10am!

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, Pattaya46 said:

On a post dated 31st March headed "Explainer : Heres what is required by Chonburi immigration for TM30 and retirement extensions."  An interview with Khun Pichai who signs all extensions of stay.                          "Completing the TM30  once is enough for those on an extension of stay, Khun Pichai told Fabulous 103 FM."  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thailand J said:

That is ridiculous. I believed 200 baht got you a copy of the letter where you filled in the details yourself. 

• Like 1

Back in there yesterday for a proof of residence for what my wife would call 'not another motorbike!' At least they are still supplying them after earlier rumours to the contrary. Place fairly full (Monday) but not anywhere like I have seen it in the past. Low season indeed.

Many more copies now required now for motor vehicle purchase, in fact everything that you will need again at the Land Office to register it. Duplication or what? However, now that there is much more for the officers to check the (unreceipted) payment for the service has increased to 300 baht. 

• Like 1