Phuket ‘Seasteading’ case stumbles along as Chad and Nadia get married

rooster59

Phuket ‘Seasteading’ case stumbles along as Chad and Nadia get married

By The Phuket News

1561196301_1-org.jpg

The meeting of high-powered officials on Friday (June 21) heard no news of any progress in the ‘seastead’ case. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: A high-powered meeting yesterday confirmed that no actual progress had been made in placing under arrest an American man and his Thai female partner for the installation of a “Seastead” south of Phuket earlier this year.

The case made international headlines after the Royal Thai Navy publicly announced that they were pursuing charges against the couple – Chad Elwartowski, 46, from Michigan, and his Thai partner Supranee “Nadia” Thepdet – under Section 119 of the Criminal Code, which relates to threats to national security.

Punishment under Section 119 may incur the death penalty.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-seasteading-case-stumbles-along-as-chad-and-nadia-get-married-71883.php#yAHZ8tPvEopBXvgk.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-06-22

1 hour ago, yellowboat said:

It is a two story shack.  What an amazing over reaction.  Glad to hear they are safe from Thai "Justice".  

but their plan was to get more people to move out there in their own places and create a community.

• Like 2

This would be really interesting case if it was a habitable area to live. Sea sickness, storms, crapping in the ocean (I take it?). I do not think it cuts it as habitable. It is more trouble than its worth to be out there. 

16 minutes ago, meand said:

This would be really interesting case if it was a habitable area to live. Sea sickness, storms, crapping in the ocean (I take it?). I do not think it cuts it as habitable. It is more trouble than its worth to be out there. 

I guess the Chinese will soon realise that their current actions in the South China Sea are doomed to failure when they see these comments.:whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, rwill said:

but their plan was to get more people to move out there in their own places and create a community.

I planned on marrying a super model.  That has not happened yet either.  

They could have been shooed away gently without the threat of execution. 

For sea steading to work, they need to be recognized by world powers or be able to fend for themselves.   The waters off Singapore are tranquil, and striking a deal might be easier.  They should have tried there, not Thailand.