UK PM candidate Boris Johnson avoids questions about police visit

rooster59

19 minutes ago, JAG said:

From what I have heard, the woman who recorded it and complained/called the police, describes herself as a "Left Wing Dramatist" who is currently in a production playing (no doubt to less than packed audiences) in a converted underground car-park known as "The Bunker" somewhere "outside the West End". A theatre company which it appears draws most of its revenue from a EU related subsidy. She has recently been tweeting ( no doubt in a left wing dramatic manner) about how, when Boris said hello to her in the communal hallway she "flipped him her finger"!

I may be going out on a limb here, but you know, I have the sneakiest of suspicions that she was just a little bit more than a "concerned neighbour"...

Very good.

Is there any place in the script for Corbyn,  maybe selling cabbages .

Edited by elliss
spelling
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

Coming to think of it my granddad was his gardener but that particular snippet came from Dan Snow who is descended from LG in a recent TV documentary.

Sure it wasn't your father - as in the song:-

Lloyd George knew my father, father knew Lloyd George

To be sung to the tune of "Land of hope and glory".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Sure it wasn't your father - as in the song:-

To be sung to the tune of "Land of hope and glory".

The happy refrains of the Victorian music hall are lost to all but the very oldest Thaivisa posters.

• Thanks 1

I'm not at all sure that's Johnson's car, neither I doubt are you. 

But if it is, perhaps the two penalty notices are an indication of his attitudes to the laws everyone else has to live by. 

The penalty notices are, after all, the only indication in this photo of any law having been broken.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAG said:

In a suitably dramatic, left wing, EU subsidised manner no doubt.

What a shame that there were no "concerned neighbours" around who could call the police to report a private car being vandalised on the public street...

Identify the vandalism. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JAG said:

In a suitably dramatic, left wing, EU subsidised manner no doubt.

What a shame that there were no "concerned neighbours" around who could call the police to report a private car being vandalised on the public street...

Neighbours first language,   may not be English . 

18 hours ago, nkg said:

Perhaps the bookies weren't expecting so many postal votes to be cast in Peterborough - 9,898 out of a total of 33,998.

That seems a very large percent. To be fair to our remainer friends, can you please state we’re this information came from.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I'm not at all sure that's Johnson's car, neither I doubt are you. 

But if it is, perhaps the two penalty notices are an indication of his attitudes to the laws everyone else has to live by. 

The penalty notices are, after all, the only indication in this photo of any law having been broken.

Sky reported from outside his home yesterday and said very clearly that it is his car & even spliced footage of him in it from several angles. A post to that effect has already received your customary stamp.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

400 of the postal votes returned were rejected due to either the signature, or date of birth, or both not matching council records.

The people they relied on are not usually the sharpest, they can't even cheat and get it right, even after not rigging the referendum properly. 

Maybe the result would be even better for Leave again on a second referendum.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2019 at 8:00 AM, SheungWan said:

Abusing women is probably a vote winner for this leadership election of the Tory Party.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Only there was no abuse. The police didn't need to take any action. A row between a couple and some neighbor decides to stir the proverbial-<deleted> for either political, financial gain or both.

Boris is a proven liar, known as not bothering to read his briefs or go into detail. He believes he's entitled and can simply bluster and lie his way through everything whilst being fully deserved of high office. But, he's received the most votes of his peers. If this little ploy is an attempt to scupper his chances it's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Only there was no abuse. The police didn't need to take any action. A row between a couple and some neighbor decides to stir the proverbial-<deleted> for either political, financial gain or both.

Boris is a proven liar, known as not bothering to read his briefs or go into detail. He believes he's entitled and can simply bluster and lie his way through everything whilst being fully deserved of high office. But, he's received the most votes of his peers. If this little ploy is an attempt to scupper his chances it's about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

'Boris is a proven liar, known as not bothering to read his briefs or go into detail. He believes he's entitled and can simply bluster and lie his way through everything'

Ideal then to be both an arch-Brexiteer and leader of the Conservative party????

I doubt he is doing it on purpose but no doubt that is his chances to become the most right wing Tory PM ever gone to the wind.  Irrespective of whether he was taped, overheard is beside the point, the fact is it happened and he is staying silent.  In public life even your private life must be beyond reproach in order to gain the confidence of his supporters and the country.  Whilst of course the extreme facist right wing of the party will always support him for the PM's position, irrespective of his misdemeanors, I would seriously suggest that of the 160,000 conservative members entitled to vote , then by far the vast majority will not only be appalled by his antics, they will also consider that he will drag British politics down further, if that is possible.

So its bye bye BJ and hello Johnson I would anticipate.

You are completely mistaken in thinking he is right wing.To the extent he has any genuine political orientation, he is a metropolitan liberal with quite left wing views on social issues.

As to your conclusions on the row with his girlfriend you are also completely wrong.Your errors in this section are so many it’s tedious to list them all out - but if anyone is interested I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 6/23/2019 at 12:42 PM, Thingamabob said:

The 'concerned' neighbours are left wing activists. The Guardian is a left wing newspaper. This alleged event most likely never happened. Next...

I was actually there and witnessed the police going in and coming out again. There were three cars and one van.

Three of the vehicles then drove around fifty metres down the road and began gossiping and giggling about what happened. 

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, geoffbezoz said:

But it won't put the Brexiteers off. In fact if he is an example of someone with emotional instability then he could well be something that they ( the Brexiteers) have empathy with

In plain Queen,s  English ,  a load of <deleted> .

• Like 1

Yes, that’s why brexiteers are so fanatical in denying there can be another referendum. 

They're scared they'll win.

So obvious now.   

LAB and the Remainers could have improved their electoral cheating methods in time for a second round. Better not let them.
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Loiner said:

LAB and the Remainers could have improved their electoral cheating methods in time for a second round. Better not let them.

Ah the usual brexiteers response. 

Fits so nicely with johnsons desire to suspend parliament and democratic processes to get his way. 

So 1930s

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1