Johnson warns EU against any 'Napoleonic' tariffs in no-deal Brexit

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, evadgib said:

What's cowardly about common sense?

It’s common sense for a pm of the uk to avoid debating the issues?

It’s common sense for the uk to have a pm who avoids tricky questions?

Cowardice is a badge of honour in the brexiteer’s brave new world then?

Edited by Bluespunk
Reworded
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

It’s common sense for a pm of the uk to avoid debating the issues?

It’s common sense for the uk to have a pm who avoids tricky questions?

Cowardice is the new black in the brexiteer’s brave new world then?

When has he avoided a scheduled debate? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Of course he has to do a reasonable amount of debates.

However, he doesn't have to do every single one that's requested of him. Especially debates organized by Remainiac stations such as Sky and Channel 4. I think he's wise to conduct a sensible number of debates, and to selectively choose more unbiased platforms on which to conduct them.

The MSM are already going after him with gossip from the curtain twitching neighbours and Remainer biased news reports. Why should he assist their agenda and help their ratings by offering himself up to the sort of interview that Marr did with Farage? I'd say he's being well advised and the Remainers are annoyed that he hasn't fallen for it. Of course Hunt wants to go up against Johnson with a Sky News host and audience backing him up, it would be like a pack of hyenas attacking it's prey. 

The other candidates were willing to debate the issues.

The number of debates proposed is hardly onerous for for someone who desires the role of uk pm. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, evadgib said:

How can he do that if he's somewhere else doing something that he has agreed to courtesy of the 5 P's? (planning!)

You are simply baiting for the sake of it therefore i'm done with this particular point.

+

Baiting, not true at all. I genuinely am amazed johnson is avoiding debates and this is spun as a good thing by his team. 

I’m pointing out he is refusing to debate the issues in any meaningful manner. 

He’s scared and running from debate. Not a good trait in a national leader. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Baiting, not true at all. I genuinely am amazed johnson is avoiding debates and this is spun as a good thing by his team. 

I’m pointing out he is refusing to debate the issues in any meaningful manner. 

He’s scared and running from debate. Not a good trait in a national leader. 

Given the reneging he's going to have to do once he gains office, can you blame him?

• Thanks 2

What should be clear to Hunt by now is that he must upstage Boris to defeat him. If johnson is always attracting news headlines, it's a certainty that the Tory voters would choose him to be the next PM, however he acts. 

Such is the British mentality of the voting public. 

Edited by stephenterry
correction

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

What should be clear to Hunt by now is that he must upstage Boris to defeat him. If johnson is always attracting news headlines, it's a certainty that the Tory voters would choose him to be the next PM, however he acts. 

Such is the British mentality of the voting public. Like Brexiteers...

A perfectly reasonable post until....(!)

Johnson knows how to identify and avoid what he calls 'Bear Traps' and has said so many times on the likes of HIGNFI.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, evadgib said:

Johnson knows how to identify and avoid what he calls 'Bear Traps' and has said so many times on the likes of HIGNFI.

And yet he would have the nation (or at least what’s left of Brexiteers) believe that he’s the man who can face down the EU and get a deal that isn’t on offer.

That anybody has any faith in Johnson is an indication of how far from the reality based universe they have strayed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Agree. Apologies. Deleted. 

Edited by stephenterry
correction
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Sky : Hey Boris why don't you come onto our Remainer station to debate with a Remainer, facing questions by our Remainer biased host and in front of a predominantly Remainer audience.

Johnson : Thanks but actually I have multiple other debates lined up which will be conducted on a more level playing field. 

Bluespunk: Coward!!!

Johnson - if he covets the PM post - needs to be able to contend with whatever is thrown at him. At the moment if he's stalling on media interviews, he probably doesn't have the necessary when the going gets really tough.   Gove would have walked rings around him, be happy it's Hunt.

• Like 1