Video: SOM NAM NA! Thais show no sympathy for pick-up driver

rooster59

Just the daily ordinary chaos created by dumb zeros that hardly even can show their children how to play with toy cars in the sandbox.

Yep, definately a som nam na-case that should be used education material. Sorry, forgot! There is no education for beeing a stupid driver in Thailand.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Alan Michael said:

Why didn't the filming car and the car in front stop?

Was it safe to do so?

To be honest when people stop very few can provide any useful assistance and just get in the way by taking pictures on there mobile phones.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mattd said:

He / she should have driven to the conditions, it was very easy to see that the left lane was covered in crap after they had overtaken the motorbike.

For some reason, he/she (my money is on he) had to get home or wherever he was going, as quick as possible.

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

For some reason, he/she (my money is on he) had to get home or wherever he was going, as quick as possible.

I reckon your money would be safe on both counts.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Not defending his undertaking in the least, but it would be nice to see people stick to the left lane, i.e. unless they are overtaking. It is clear from the double yellow markings on the right lane (middle of the road) that he could not overtake on the right side.

I am sure this accident wouldn't have happened if people obeyed the road rules and stayed to the left unless overtaking, e.g. two wrongs don't make a right, just a thought ???? 

1) double yellow lines don't stop Thai from overtaking on the right

2) why would you drive on the left where the road works are . completely driving safe in the right lane unless of course you want to see more accidents like this one .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

all you lot blind there was a dual carriageway. traffic hogging the right lane like all thais do, they will not drive on the left just in case they come up behind a slow moving vehicle, suddenly this dual carriage way turned into a single track gravel, with no warning whatso ever

If you look at the lines painted on the roadway it appears that the left lane was actually still there but that the brush and trees were choking it from the side and it was also full of dirt and sand. While the driver didn't exercise enough caution, I don't believe that he was passing on a dirt shoulder. (or at least what was ever meant to be a dirt shoulder)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Did you notice that the truck that crashed indicated both times he changed lanes ??  Give him a tiny bit of credit !!

Indeed, a rare thing to see. It's so rare that I always comment on it when I see it. Most of the times I have to read the car's "body language" to guess the driver's intention. 

Edited by kotsak