Redcar to Doi Suthep fare dispute

sanemax

This is really ridiculous, if you don't have the money, don't go travel around the world.

Not giving extra 10 baht makes that person a miser. They shouldn't be in Thailand in the first place.

No wonder Thailand prefers Chinese tourists.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

they wai taxi drivers because they did no research before they arrived.

etc

I saw a British documentary some years ago where the journalist lady walked around wai-ing to children... amongst other ridiculous observations she made... 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Thai lady from BKK is more worldly wise than the cheap Charlie backpackers !!

Plus from Redcar to Dói Suthep is 5,556 miles so not a bad deal at all !!
( sorry, but someone had to say it emoji20.png )

You beat to it, i thought it was an absolute bargain, tha nos sithee.

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Should have walked up, only takes an hour and is completely free.

The 17 kilo kid and 40 degrees makes walking anywhere a chore , let alone a 30 kilometer up/downhill trek     

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't see it that way. They only wanted to pay the fare and no more, but they were stupid. They'll be paying for booze that night.

The fare is 3-400 Baht per trip , divided up between the passengers , which was all they were being asked to pay .

It was just suggested that we all pay an extra 10 Baht each to avoid waiting for 3 extra people to turn up .

I even gave them the 10 Baht each , and they wanted to pocket that 10 Baht and keep waiting .

They would have only been staying in Thailand for a few weeks , whats the point coming all the way to Thailand and sitting at the bottom of a mountain for a few hours , just to save ten  Baht ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

The Thai lady from BKK is more worldly wise than the cheap Charlie backpackers !!

There are some back-packers who think that everyone is trying to rip them off by overcharging them or tricking them 

(Hey, Bill 97 & dotpoom , I got another interesting story, gather around)

I was on my way up to Maesai recently to do a visa run in a mini bus with other visa runners .

Myanmar charges 500 Baht or 10 US$ for their visa .

10 $ being about 320 Baht (No, no need to post the exact current exchange rate )

The van driver offered passengers 10 $ notes for 350 Baht .

(Bill and dot , you may as well stop reading now , it doesnt get much more interesting that this)

Passengers save 150 Baht and the driver makes 30 Baht .

A female back-packer took up the offer and paid 350 Baht for a 10 $ note .

Myanmar immigration refused to accept the 10 $ note and made her pay 500 Baht .

She arrived back at the mini bus fuming , shouting at the mini bus driver , accusing him of tricking her and demanded that he take the 10$ back and give her the 500 Baht back 

She was very aggressive and confrontation and saying "No one rips me off"

I tried to explain to her that he sold her the $ with sincere intentions and he didnt know that the immigration officers wouldnt accent it .

She didnt listen and continued her abuse at the driver 

20 minutes ago, champers said:

Weren't we all young and a bit foolish at one time or can some posters not remember that far back?

Young yes, that foolish, no.

• Like 2