advice on filling in the TM30 confirmation of foreigner address

20 minutes ago, SteveK said:

So, let's say a British man is living in Thailand and something happens in the UK - for example his house has burned down. If the UK authorities are unable to contact him through normal methods, they can request that the Thai government get hold of him? I can't see them doing that to be honest. It makes much more sense when you start to think about criminals living in Thailand, and their home country wanting them to be extradited. But then, as has already been mentioned, these people probably won't be filing a TM30 anyway, so I really don't see the point of the huge effort to administer it.

Once you monetise it by charging fines, then it seems to be nothing other than a cash-grab, and another means by which the government can deport people for not following the rules.

Cash grab yes

Deport no

Finding criminals assisted by tm30..glad you see the funny side.....impossible.

For a relative to contact you from overseas because they need to as someone suggested. Even in an emergency. Good luck with that. 

TM30 is useless. 

BTW most of the posts from members in all the TM30 threads are folk on extensions. Many living same address for long time.

It's possible that stricter enforcement of the TM30 is Thailand's attempt to prove to the international community that it is making an effort regarding foreign criminals hiding out in the country, but as you mentioned it is effectively useless.

21 hours ago, SteveK said:

But then, as has already been mentioned, these people probably won't be filing a TM30 anyway, so I really don't see the point of the huge effort to administer it.

If they use a hotel or condo the owner will do a TM30. Agreed a person wanting to avoid being caught would deliberately have to look for accommodation that is not submitting this paperwork. One reason for making the effort to reduce such places. 

Australian passport holder.

Married to Thai national.

Arrived BKK 27 June on multi entry Non-O based on marriage and stayed at hotel in Bangkok for 3 nights.

Travelled home to Ratchaburi 30 June, house owned by wife.

Wife submitted TM30 at Ratchaburi Immigration 01 July, without my home address in Australia.

Documents required,

Copy of data page of my passport 

Copy of TM6 and entry stamp

Copy of wife's blue book, signed by her

Copy of wife's Thai ID, signed by her.

Left 10 minutes later with receipt in passport.

Same procedure for the last 2 years, never any problem.

Edited by ozfarang

41 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Australian passport holder.

Married to Thai national.

Arrived BKK 27 June on multi entry Non-O based on marriage and stayed at hotel in Bangkok for 3 nights.

Travelled home to Ratchaburi 30 June, house owned by wife.

Wife submitted TM30 at Ratchaburi Immigration 01 July, without my home address in Australia.

Documents required,

Copy of data page of my passport 

Copy of TM6 and entry stamp

Copy of wife's blue book, signed by her

Copy of wife's Thai ID, signed by her.

Left 10 minutes later with receipt in passport.

Same procedure for the last 2 years, never any problem.

Try being in and out in 10 mins if you had to attend CW. Let alone get there from whatever you live in bkk. Much easier if your near small imm office. Even then what about someone arrives los in evening goes to wife home which is 50km + from his imm office.

Nice morning drive next day?Many people do not live with wife and have easy and co operation with paperwork for tm30. Everyone's case is different. For example I'm in and out of Thai every 10-14 days. And while in Thailand travel LOT. How many tm30 are expected to be done. Yes they apparently can be done online, however many Savy people reporting difficulty in setting up account.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

You are right DrJack54, every case is different. Just like every Immigration office seems to be different.

That's Thailand, I've come to accept the way things work or don't work here in LOS, after traveling here for the last 40 years.????

Edited by ozfarang