Political activists advised to seek police protection if they feel at risk

webfact

1 hour ago, londonthai said:

political activists from the opposition are followed for 24h a day - bugs, cameras, tapped phones. Ja New was followed all the time, yet he was attacked in a broad light and no police/soldier came to defend him. 

that's because he was ambushed by police/army officers in plain cloth, they were waiting for him.

They had motorbikes used by police and police buttons. 

on the other hand, political activists from the ruling class are from army, police, civil servants and mafia - they are all well trained and armed. They travel in armoured mercedes's, scared of being seen publicly

Wasn't Yingluck watched by the same people ? Yet she left for Cambodia (allegedly) and they all missed that...

• Like 2

Political activists advised to seek police protection if they feel at risk

• June 30, 2019
  •  
  •  views 153

%E0%B8%88%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%81%E0%B8%A3%E0%

Thailand’s national police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda, today advised political activists to seek official protection if they feel unsafe as a result of their activities.

Pol Gen Chakthip chaired a meeting this morning (Sunday) with metropolitan police responsible for investigating the brutal attack on anti-junta political activist Siriwith Serithiwat, alias Ja New, following an order from Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan.

Really? They're using the coppers now to find the activists thru the police?

BTW, did he now tell them where he's got all the money for his watches from? Nope, that will stay a secret, innit? 

Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, what a handsome man he is. 

Prawit.jpg

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, greeneking said:

Wasn't a high up policeman getting too close to revealing the truth about people smuggling a few years ago.

And felt it was better to claim Australian asylum rather than trust his colleagues to stand by him?

People smuggling ? this was the ex PM of Thailand, and they lost her. Certainly entertaining, but I guess any confidence in the abilities of these clowns is out of the window. If I were a political activist, the last people I would like to ask for help is these people !

• Like 2

18 hours ago, webfact said:

the police chief said police suspected that Ja New was attacked by the same group who attacked him on June 2nd, citing the similar type and colour of the two motorcycles.

That's all a police investigation has developed after two attacks - type and color of two motorcycles?

More seriously, as the Cabinet has not yet been established, the National Police operate under the auspices of DPM Gen. Prawit as Minister of Defense and member of the NCPO. Similarly as does the Army ISOC's civilian enforcement oversight branch that is responsible for all levels of security throughout the nation down to the village level. Tell the police of a public official's protection concerns, the military has the resources to "cover" 100%.

It might be more reasonable and effective that the House provide funds to MP's directly for personal security protection and charge it to the Defense budget. In that way an MP of any military opposition party can be assured of unbiased protection.

On 6/30/2019 at 5:01 PM, NCC1701A said:

In other new, Thai police instantly locate Farang who...

...spray-painted the 'ancient' <built in 1960> Thapae wall (as the original outer ancient wall on Kampandin is routinely pissed on by Thai and foreigner alike?) 
Yeppers, that farang would be arrested and incarcerated in a Bangkok minute.

On 6/30/2019 at 5:01 PM, NCC1701A said:

In other new, Thai police instantly locate Farang who...

...wore shorts and tee shirts to temple ceremonies in a Thai village (mine) - oh, wait, wait, wait -- those were Thai villagers.  Crap, never-mind!  Those rules don't apply to Thais only foreigners who will be tracked down and prosecuted to the fullest extend of the law for violating some cultural norm or the other that Thais don't follow.  

"What do you know connda?"

"What do I know?" 
I'm the only farang living out in the middle of about 4000 rural Thais in the boondocks of a 35 km long rural valley and I see actually reality?  
BTW, the wife and I were wearing our Buddhist-best whites as were many older villagers.  But - about 25% just showed up in whatever - many drunk - the same grab that would get a 'farang' evil foreigner lambasted, demonized, and sought after by the police for a 'cultural' violation of the law - whatever the heck that is. 

Seems to only apply to foreigners. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Wasn't Yingluck watched by the same people ? Yet she left for Cambodia (allegedly) and they all missed that...

Perhaps she was 'made an offer she couldn't refuse?'