PM vows to phase out four types of plastic products by 2022

webfact

I think he has more pressing environmental issues to deal with.

Bangkok flooding gradually sinking.

The north's excellent air quality between Feb and the end of May.

Lets have a war on plastic bags.

Some mini mart franchises, Tesco (I think) etc. are already taking an initiative for this.

2 hours ago, leeneeds said:
4 hours ago, webfact said:

PM vows

Such an overused noun and verb the PM uses, 

but on this occasion,  I hope he fast tracks the elimination and reliance Thailand has on plastic and stays true to his statement.

True to his statement?

'PM vows' is an oxymoron with our great leader.

It would be so easy to do.  However, Prayut has said in the past that he won't legislate as the Thai people "wouldn't like it."

It will only work with legislation and enforcement, as in many other countries, because it's impossible to expect people to solve the problem voluntarily.

Thumbs up to the companies that are trying.  Well done, the Mall Group  and shame on you 7/11.

• Like 1

Just now, legend49 said:

Why is a PM doing this task when there are so many big issues need fixing, surely the Environmental minister can think?

He will do everything his little heart desires. His 'Ministers' will stand to attention and abide their manners at all times or be deemed 'unfit for purpose' by Thailand's Great Leader.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

I P B F D .. Not much good in Scrabble that .. 

Does that mean you've gotta start carrying a micrometer to check .. 

Just a cloth bag if you really care about the environment... say no to plastic full stop !

• Like 1

Just now, Chassa said:

The list is endless 

I went into 7-11 just a while ago bought a bottle of Lemonade and it was placed in not 1 not 2 but 3 plastic bags, i fear the PM has a big job on his hands

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Why is a PM doing this task when there are so many big issues need fixing, surely the Environmental minister can think?

As yet, 3 1/2 months after the "election", there are NO ministers! Oh! Except a Prime Minister.

Edited by PatOngo

I suggest we sort out theses ' environmentally friendly products' first Mr PM. How am I supposed to buy 4 helpings of frog and  banana pudding at the local market if there are no Styrofoam trays ?  Maybe I'll take 4 china basins or perhaps a saucepan. How about brown paper bags for the wet fish Mr PM ?

33 minutes ago, Humpy said:

I suggest we sort out theses ' environmentally friendly products' first Mr PM. How am I supposed to buy 4 helpings of frog and  banana pudding at the local market if there are no Styrofoam trays ?  Maybe I'll take 4 china basins or perhaps a saucepan. How about brown paper bags for the wet fish Mr PM ?

There are many on Google, Here's one

https://be-green.squarespace.com/foodservice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ulic said:

2030, oh my, much longer than the standard promise to sole the problem in 3 months. :coffee1:

Not to worry! It is in the irreversible 20 year plan along with stamping out corruption, the building of countless high speed trains routes, raising per capita income to 450,00 baht, be in the top 10 of the World Happiness chart and ensure long term weapons purchases continue. The last one is the only one that has a any ring of truth to it. Getting rid of those and other plastics has a snowballs chance in hell of happening.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/Thai-military-draws-up-20-year-national-political-blueprint

13 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Another useless Vow and another useless Road Map.  Why not do something concrete and BAN all plastic bag use as of today !

He can't do something like that. He's not got 'his' government in power yet, there might be dissent in the ranks.

"PM vows to phase out four types of plastic products by 2022"

Its a sad reflection when my first reaction was to laugh!

What will they do with the by-product from all the refineries in Thailand? they have been flooding the market with cheap products for years, are we now to believe he is going to stop his "mates" continuing this very profitable practice ????