Does The Hot Weather Make You Tetchy?

garro

It is another hot one here in Chat Trakan. I always forget how debilitating the heat is during the hot season. I find that it makes me a bit short tempered; although I can't take this out on the wife because she would wallop me. I do find that I am hitting the keys on my Mac a bit harder though and going 'tut' a lot :o . I used to have no problem with the heat and previously lived in saudi Arabia where it would stay at 50 degrees celcius plus (122F to you Americans) for months. It must be middle age catching up with me. I might get the fan in a minute to blow some hot air on me.

How does everyone else deal with the heat?

I love the heat in Thailand. It never makes grumpy and I prefer it to the weather in Australia. I do not use aircon in Thailand, prefer the fan only. My missus on the other hand feels the heat more than me and she prefers the cooler weather in OZ. :o

Sure does. That's why I try to stay air conditioned as much as possible, even in the bathroom. The only time I'm exposed to the heat is between my detached car port and the house... that's how I know how the heat affects me... the only time I find myself the least bit grumpy is when I have to make multiple trips between my car and house carrying stuff. I often end up soaked in sweat like I've been working out (which I usually only do in air conditioning).

:o

You call Thailand Hot, I drilled for oil in Ahvaz Iran for years and it regularly got up to 55 degree Celsius. That is hot, Thailand is like spring weather for me.

I actually moved to thailand from Saudi and remember thinking that it wasn't that hot here. It was easy then though as I was only a whipper snapper but now I am nearly 38 and the heat takes it out of me :o

I am definitely feeling old today. The kids in the village sound nosier than before. I think I will get a cup of horlicks and go to bed. I hope the wife doesn't feel romantic because I have a headache.

I've never found the heat to be a problem. I don't mind Las Vegas or Arizona even when it gets up to 120 and everyone is complaining.

But that's dry desert heat. Easy to fix with a dip in the pool and a cold one.

The humidity on the other hand is what gets to me. SEA can be brutal.

At the same time I'm spoiled because the weather here in San Diego is considered to be near perfect year round.

In the city sometimes it seems you can taste the pollution. In and around BKK I find if I wipe my face with a tissue this black, sooty grit

comes off.

On most visits to Thailand I found I gained weight because I drank more beer and restricted physical movement because of the stifling humidity.

Over the past few years I've consciously reduced eating and drinking and actually lost weight.

Thailand is my favorite place to visit but I tend to only want to visit in the "cool" season now... :o

You call Thailand Hot, I drilled for oil in Ahvaz Iran for years and it regularly got up to 55 degree Celsius. That is hot, Thailand is like spring weather for me.

I actually moved to thailand from Saudi and remember thinking that it wasn't that hot here. It was easy then though as I was only a whipper snapper but now I am nearly 38 and the heat takes it out of me :o

I am definitely feeling old today. The kids in the village sound nosier than before. I think I will get a cup of horlicks and go to bed. I hope the wife doesn't feel romantic because I have a headache.

You feel old and grouchy because you're out of love with your misses, my good man, dump her before she does you! That should chill you out!

Edited by SamuiJens