UK far-right activist Tommy Robinson convicted in contempt-of-court case

rooster59

11 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

But only because of fresh evidence or poor justification not because an outspoken member of the public like TR has voiced his concerns.

Incorrect.

Influencing a jury, prejudicing a trial etc.

Worst case outcome is an ‘unsafe verdict’, it relates directly to any influence on or over the jury and would result in these vile rapists walking free and never charged again for the crimes of which they are convicted.

You might want to deny that possibility, but it exists and it exists because of Yaxley Lennon’s disobedience of a court order.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, armadillo215 said:

And it appears many brits are willing to sell their country out to keep a very small minority from getting angry and blowing stuff up....Tha's how... Climb down from your high horse for a minute and use a little reason. Go to billionbibles    it is a .org site you may just find interesting...

Wanders off into off topic fantasy laced with promotion of some fringe website.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Wanders off into off topic fantasy laced with promotion of some fringe website.

This is the kind of response I have come to expect from anyone with 4000 post plus....Instead of having a conversation you only want to inject you're superior knowledge.

Please though check that site I mentioned...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, armadillo215 said:

This is the kind of response I have come to expect from anyone with 4000 post plus....Instead of having a conversation you only want to inject you're superior knowledge.

Please though check that site I mentioned...

Active member of this discussion forum expresses an opinion.

I’m flattered by your assessment of my comparative knowledge.

I’ll skip your website if you don’t mind, it’s wandering off topic.

• Confused 1

Keep it civil please !

Discuss the topic not the poster.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

Are you really serious! So someone got a dodgy mortgage. Big deal!

It happens all the time, people get their accountants or their employers to say they're earning more than they actually are so they can buy a house.

If they can't actually afford the payments they lose the property. They're the losers not the banks who repossess  then sell the house again nor the vendor who got paid his original asking price in full.

Correct, Oh and by the way, it was paid off...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, evadgib said:

UK Courts have to be seen to be believed, especially the frequency by which the Govt misuse their sledgehammer when it suits them.

They won't get away with it for much longer...

Agree with your first para., but am not convinced about the second ☹️.

46 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"The issue is Yaxley Lennon broke the law and has been found guilty for doing so."

Genuine justice is more important than 'the law'.

So who decides whatever "genuine justice" is and how should it be implemented and by whom?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

"Genuine justice is more important than 'the law."

Why am I not suprised that you are confused by this idea Chomper?........☹️ ????

Genuine justice, secure trials and safe verdicts.

I’ll go with that.

As I remarked earlier, Yaxley Lennon not only broke the law he made several references to the law he was breaking as he did so.

Genuine justice is these vile rapists found guilty and locked up.

I’m pleased not to be amongst those defending a man who put that at risk.

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Genuine justice, secure trials and safe verdicts.

I’ll go with that.

As I remarked earlier, Yaxley Lennon not only broke the law he made several references to the law he was breaking as he did so.

Genuine justice is these vile rapists found guilty and locked up.

I’m pleased not to be amongst those defending a man who put that at risk.

????

There's really no point in responding to this type of post that confuses 'justice' with 'the law' - so I'm out for the time being.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, petemoss said:

I'm extremely saddened to see the number of posters on this forum who seek to defend a racist, self serving scumbag like Tommy Islam or those who attacked our fellow TV member @KhaoYai. Disgusting, all of you, just as disgusting as the scum you seek to defend. Ironic as the majority of you probably have Thai wives/girlfriends.

Thasi Visa has really sunk to a new low.

petermoss , could you explain why you wrote that ?

Not one person defended the people who attacked KhaoYai , yet you label TV posters as being "disgusting " for defending the attackers, when no one did defend the attackers 

Could you explain your reasoning ?

Tommy wasnt one of the attackers and as far as I am aware , he has no connection with them .

Do explain your reasoning for your attack on TV posters   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It isnt a "spin" at all , its facts about the case .

I do also believe that if it wasnt Tommy Robinson, no legal action would have been taken .

So you think he can break the law at his will.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1