Rich Indians to the Rescue as Chinese Tourists Shun Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, piewarmer said:

The Thai exchange rate gives poor value to tourists, once the rich Indians have had their one visit they will move on to greener pastures, just like the Chinese. I don't know any Thai who has nice things to say about Indian people, they will feel unwelcome, so I don't expect any long term boom.

Bad comment....Totally unacceptable.!!!

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, alfalfa19 said:

I have seen extraordinary racism in thailand towards Indians.  I don't know if it's justified or not, I have little experience with Indians in Thailand.  The ones I meet here in the US seem alright. 

And what would justify extraordinary racism?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Why would middle class Indians come to Thailand ? because it's near, good enough for a weeks holiday maybe, the big holidays would be spent in Europe.

Because the Thai ladies are so accommodating, cheap and will do anything for few baht.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

I dont know if Pattaya and Phuket are the same but Hua Hin gets huge business from the Indian wedding industry, its big money and centered on the 5 star hotels.

that is a commercial decision, technically being tourism of course.

4 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

It's not going to happen. I lived and traveled in India for 4 years. If one is polite and steps aside to allow someone on the bus before oneself you won't be able to break back into the queue. I've had to pay railway porters  to lift and push me through the widow of the train in Agra...and the passengers inside the train were trying to push me out. It was very crowded! It's a dog eat dog world!

this is a subject of RICH indian. what you are describing is the situation of the masses.