Court case against PM unlikely to affect confidence in govt, says Prawit

webfact

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Court case against PM unlikely to affect confidence in govt

It is more likely to affect Prayut's confidence in himself.

Politically he is thin-skinned and tends to publicly lash out against opposition.

Whether the Court accepts the complaint or makes any ruling, the mere judicial process that focuses undesirable public attention towards Prayut may cause him to act in a political detrimental manner.

That can be useful by a House opposition coalition to sway public support against the Prayut regime.

He said the Ombudsman’s Office had studied the matter and found nothing wrong with Prayut’s qualifications

“We will have to wait for a judgment from the Constitutional Court,” he said. “The process is in line with the provisions of the Constitution.”

Who are in the back pocket of the Junta leader.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not a grey hair in sight and no concerns as we wait for the judgment from the Constitutional kangaroo Court????

I wonder how much this pair spend on hair colour each month, I think Prayut went a 

bit overboard on his this time, not a good look for an old man. and being an aussie 

myself i wonder if i could sneak a word to the constitutional Kangaroos on a decision hahaha.

• Haha 1

Of course he has confidence because he doesn't expect the courts will dare go against Prayut, even though the merits of his defence are somewhat questionable, and he will be proved right.

The Nation (RIP) made an interesting point in its final edition.  It said that the Thai elites still expect the masses to blindly follow the rules they set to protect their own interests but this is becoming less and less tenable. Prawit may not live long enough to see these tenets finally crumble but, despite the current right wing military backlash, crumble they will for sure.    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Of course he has confidence because he doesn't expect the courts will dare go against Prayut, even though the merits of his defence are somewhat questionable, and he will be proved right.

The Nation (RIP) made an interesting point in its final edition.  It said that the Thai elites still expect the masses to blindly follow the rules they set to protect their own interests but this is becoming less and less tenable. Prawit may not live long enough to see these tenets finally crumble but, despite the current right wing military backlash, crumble they will for sure.    

if they did they'r would bee some missing judges 

Too late to strike him that way, as he has already endorsed by the king. 

No any court would oppose kings decision in any way. 

After that try there can be civil cases from different organisations and even private ones, to show, that people don’t agree to bending rules. 

They look vaguely like the two wanted armed and dangerous crooks who held up a country at gun point and made off with a load of democracy and a valuable constitution and are now being pursued by the authorities to help with their inquiries for fraudulent behaviour.They are also wanted in connection with impersonating heads of government.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
Additional text
  • Haha 1

What Government? The "appointees" (PM and NCPO) are the Government - NOT those who the public thought they were voting for! And Prawit as the PM's mentor is, of course, not worried about a referral to the Constitutional Court. The court (in its "wisdom" & I use that word lightly) will come down on the side of the incumbent PM. I'll put a dollar on that.

• Like 1