What Would You Like To Eat Right Now?

a nice doner kebab....ahhhh yes......

dis here is a nice one...from de letterin' on de signs the photo is from Turkey wid a reference to 'Iskender'. Iskender is turkish fer Alexander an' de doner kebap as we know it derived from Alexander's minions roasting meat over a fire skewered on their swords an' slicing off bits as they became succulent. The most famous kebap restaurant in de woild is in Bursa in western Turkey (the ottoman capitol before de fall ob Constantinople) an' it is called 'Iskender's'...dey serve up de meat onna plate wid bread so you can do what ye want widdit...wid sauces an' etc...when I was workin' there de turkish project manager wanted to take us there every night; I said listen, no disrespect but I got cholesterol problems already...he looked hurt an' said but, this is famous history...true, the restaurant has been on de same spot fer 150 years...

from kebap to shwarma...the arabian peninsula useta be under ottoman control, hence de influence...a guy from Lebanon tried to prove that shwarma is lebanese but I knew better... :o

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another turkish story...on de western side ob Istanbul offa de road from Taksim square that has de old trolley line dere is a place called de Cicek Pasaji 'the flowered passage'...right around there is a stall that sells mussel sammiches around 12 at night...people start to congregate from the bars then a man emerges wid the mussels an' fresh turkish bread then there is shoving and shouting as people wanna get sum ob dem sammiches...ye haveta hold up how many fingers to indicate how many mussels ye want (freshly gathered an' steamed right out ob de Bosporous, big mothers)...the dude wraps them in freshly baked bread an' pours over a yoghurt sauce...absolute fcukin' heaven... :o

Never tried it, sorry.

MBK is Mah Boon Krong, the large shopping center in the Siam Square area in Bangkok. Not sure if the Cinnabon is still there or not, but it was last year.

As a kid my mother used to make bread and butter pudding when we had some stale bread that needed using up. Oh, the memories!

Yeppers! Put all the bread ends in the freezer and then make bread pud. We talked about this before, no? Bread chunks, egg, raisins, dollop of butter, sprinkles of sugar, and wack in the oven. Yum to the max.

My neighbour just brought me butter chicken curry and rice. I think they think I don't eat enough. :o

As a kid my mother used to make bread and butter pudding when we had some stale bread that needed using up. Oh, the memories!

Yeppers! Put all the bread ends in the freezer and then make bread pud. We talked about this before, no? Bread chunks, egg, raisins, dollop of butter, sprinkles of sugar, and wack in the oven. Yum to the max.

My neighbour just brought me butter chicken curry and rice. I think they think I don't eat enough. :o

Why? Are you too skinny?

Why? Are you too skinny?

Average 7 stone 7...so 105lb? or so, my whole life. I think I am down to about 103lb because it is so dam cold over here and you burn more to keep warm. I eat all day long, but not in big quantities.

I just finished the chicken curry, so rummaging soon for something else. :o

Why? Are you too skinny?

Average 7 stone 7...so 105lb? or so, my whole life. I think I am down to about 103lb because it is so dam cold over here and you burn more to keep warm. I eat all day long, but not in big quantities.

I just finished the chicken curry, so rummaging soon for something else. :o

You must be very petit!

There is in Siam Square, a place called, I think, Cinnamon, the buns are almost the same as Cninabun in USA, it is opposite the big hotel entrance there

There is no beating an In & Out burger.bigger is not better, you want want bigger order a double double (cheese and meat), or a monster, 4X the regular. All burgers in Bkk are way too big and way too lean

For me it's got to smoked Haddock done in Milk and Onions, with mashed Potatoes with Butter and Cream added, and with a hunk of crusty White Bread and salted butter.

And washed down with a freshly poured pint of creamy Guinness....

Mmmmm.. Perfect.... :o