What Would You Like To Eat Right Now?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A steak from the Hogs Breath Inn in Singapore..18 hours cooking time ..Melts like butter in your mouth.

The best steaks in SE Asia.

I don't understand the 18 hours cooking time, please elaborate...

http://www.hogsbreath.com.sg/

I want the end cut. Baked potato with butter, sour cream and fresh chive sprinkles. Fat garlic toast and caesar salad. How much, please?

Howdy,

I would love two of those small pineapples you can get up North, around the Chaing rai area. They are a little bigger than my fist. Those are the best pineapples in the world as far as I am concerned. Here in the USA the pineapples are big but taste sour. Nothing like those small pineapples up North.

Take care all

Chung *j*

• 1 month later...
Thornton's Liquorice toffee !!! :o:D:D

Victoria Principal.....................................................................ah

hhh..............was a pretty good actress. :D :D :bah: Now, to answer the question. I can't speaelll it, but it is something like Coq au Vin. It is a French dish that actually tastes good......chicken with wine and onions and carrots. I can make it......but it takes a long time.

The good news is that all of the ingredients can be found in Thailand (have to find rosemary, thyme). Here are the ingredients, if memory serves: whole chicken, mushrooms, carrots, garlic, rosemary, thyme, tomatoes, wine. The last one on the list is expensive in Thailand, but you have to use it or it will not taste good.

The Temp here in London is now (Sunday afternoon) over 31 degrees and of course its BBQ time again. :D

We have just picked up a load of stuff from Morrisons to go with the Chooks that I have marinated overnight in Perri Perri and a "Phet" Thai Mango sauce ( made it myself)...Cumberland sausages,Minted Lamb chops.Stuffed pork type kebabs with "Saparot" Lychee and Tamarind (from our gaff in Mae-on)..plus the wet stuff.....Fosters and Carlings....Keng Mak......

O and a Nam song for wifie......

Quick one in the local to let the barbie get going methinks.........Nice day for doing the washing...... :o

a plate ob carnitas (mexican roast pork) wid rice an' beans, freshly made salsa, an endless stack ob fresh warm corn tortillas an' boddils of ice cold Superior beer...plus de special ambiance of a small mom an' pop mexican restaurant in Los Angeles... :D
Thats it ! im off out :o

The Temp here in London is now (Sunday afternoon) over 31 degrees and of course its BBQ time again. :D

We have just picked up a load of stuff from Morrisons to go with the Chooks that I have marinated overnight in Perri Perri and a "Phet" Thai Mango sauce ( made it myself)...Cumberland sausages,Minted Lamb chops.Stuffed pork type kebabs with "Saparot" Lychee and Tamarind (from our gaff in Mae-on)..plus the wet stuff.....Fosters and Carlings....Keng Mak......

O and a Nam song for wifie......

Quick one in the local to let the barbie get going methinks.........Nice day for doing the washing...... :D

So that's who drinks Fosters. Cause Aussies sure as he11 don't. :o

17 years ago I went into the Sharkies club in Syd and asked for a Fosters (amber nector as they say in Auz)and the reply from the bar man was .......as above........cobbers dont drink the stuff etc...... :D

Earlier this year i did the same thing again and would you believe it the same guy was still there ...poor SOD ...(albiet looking a lot older and a bit Grey)and sure enough I again requested a pint (none of those little schooner thingys) but this time he said...... Nothing .......

Recon there must be 2 of us around that keeps the Aussie Beer Export industry Afloat.... :o ...good fun though ......jolly jumbucks ...and all that ....nice place.....and unlike my very first visit to the "Island" I didnt get deported this time..... :D ...

insyd...the year that the shipyard at Whyala blew Up.......and I even helped to put out the Fire.... :D

A Villis pie, (only made in Adelaide) hold the sauce, I'll just have it with another pie.

http://www.vilis.com/

Mate i have been buying them at Rimping, Chiangmai for over a year now.. :o 115 baht a pop..

Is that the new Rimping at the airport? Actually that's not a bad price, you pay nearly A$3 in an Adelaide lunch bar now, about $2 if you get them cold in a supermarket.

For dinner:

- crab soup (chinese style) rich and creamy made with fresh crab and some rice.......kinda almost like a congee type soup.....found only in one of the Macau island mmmmmmmm deliciously yummy

- foie gras on toast the one at Le Bouchon will do....but best is the one my friend in Malaysia makes......mmmm

- iced chocolate from Sydney's numerous cafes. try as I have.....yet to find anywhere in thailand that does anything close to the iced chocolates to be found in Sydney.....rich in chocolate, with a scoop of icecream and topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with chocolate powder mmmmmmmm

- chocolate cakes from Le Notre for dessert

- choccocino drink from the Chocolate Bar by the Bald Man Max Brenner (closest one is in Manila!!!0

- and some chocolate pieces from same shop for after dinner snack (their white choc with coffee bits are yummy!)

that should do for me :D

PS. will someone find and post the pics for me? :o cant upload pics on the forum for whatever reason.

I love that,its gotta be one of the best marketing concepts i've seen ,going to be a world wide winner

recently in Phila. I was living on Taco Bell ('three crunchy tacos, a bean burrito and a diet coke please') that was near where I was staying that I remember fondly...

but the killer were the east coast deli sandwiches; a place near the office downtown had sliced to order hot corned beef on rye bread slathered with mustard, dill pickle and choice of cole slaw, potato salad, etc on the side...so huge I ate half for lunch and took the other half home fer me supper...mmm, mmm, goood...

once inna bar I was looking at the menu that featured 'thai turkey salad'...I didn't know that they had turkeys in Thailand??? (falang baa, gobble, gobble...)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

recently in Phila. I was living on Taco Bell ('three crunchy tacos, a bean burrito and a diet coke please') that was near where I was staying that I remember fondly...

but the killer were the east coast deli sandwiches; a place near the office downtown had sliced to order hot corned beef on rye bread slathered with mustard, dill pickle and choice of cole slaw, potato salad, etc on the side...so huge I ate half for lunch and took the other half home fer me supper...mmm, mmm, goood...

once inna bar I was looking at the menu that featured 'thai turkey salad'...I didn't know that they had turkeys in Thailand??? (falang baa, gobble, gobble...)

I lived next to a turkey farm in Vientiane Toots, I bought one off them for Christmas once. Aroy Mak Mak.

Actually just down the road there was a restaurant that made there own potato crisps fresh every day; now they were really good. Used to wander down every evening and enjoy a bag with a couple of bottles of beer Lao.

I lived next to a turkey farm in Vientiane Toots, I bought one off them for Christmas once. Aroy Mak Mak.

Actually just down the road there was a restaurant that made there own potato crisps fresh every day; now they were really good. Used to wander down every evening and enjoy a bag with a couple of bottles of beer Lao.

well, you know...them french indochine folks have got a whole different way ob lookin' at cuisine (and brewing beer!) than what dey gots in Thailand...

• 2 months later...