can get foreign TT payment to thai baht account?

Use xe.com or xendpay. You send whatever currency you want and they will wire it to your bank in Baht.

If you use Transferwise they will send it as a local bank transfer, so that can't be used for the income method extension. All 3 should be a lot cheaper than WU.

Edited by beddhist

OP, are you serious about western union. Do your research. WU would be your absolute worst option. Look into transferwise. I personally use OFX but USA guys tend to use trans.

Best of all is cash if your currently USA. Sounds like your not. 

Do not use WU unless money is not an issue.

34 minutes ago, beddhist said:

Use xe.com or xendpay. You send whatever currency you want and they will wire it to your bank in Baht.

If you use Transferwise they will send it as a local bank transfer, so that can't be used for the income method extension. All 3 should be a lot cheaper than WU.

Bed...good post. Only adding to it. Transferwise is one of few company that actually do not send money to other country. They work on dealing with fund holders in many countries. Simply put the USD is not "transfered" .

Think OFX is different.

Any member interested could Google "clash of the titans". Good read re transferwise vs OFX

Both pretty good.

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Can i recieve international transfer to my account in thailand, even

if this account is THB (thai baht - non USD ) account?

i want to use western union to send to my account, and they allow

only in thai baht.

No problem at all.

yes, you can do a straight bank transfer that way. Euro and US dollars as well as British Pound Sterling will automatically be converted by Thai banks to equivalent amount in baht unless others stated in the rules for your Thai account. If you are doing this for monthly transfer or a transfer of the yearly 800/400K baht for extension of your visa, just be sure to buffer a little so you stay clear from any misshaps regarding a lesser amount due to the rate of currancy exchance at the moment of transfer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

Can i recieve international transfer to my account in thailand, even

if this account is THB (thai baht - non USD ) account?

You could do it.

But if you are wanting it to be shown as a international transfer I am not sure it would be shown as one. I think it will shown as a domestic transfer or BahtNet or SMART.

Moved to the banking forum.

If you get TransferWise to annotate a recipient (yourself) through Bangkok Bank to Bangkok Bank only it always shows as FTT on the Bangkok Bank credit advice and International Transfer on your Bangkok Bank statement. Done it 12 times now- FTT International Transfer each time but you need to contact them and ask them to set it up for you.

55d2025d-2f1c-4fdf-97d9-36c4292562ee.png

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

c2da1ac1fb8c4d35aed5ab2c1d0d9206?size=40

Mara O (TransferWise)

Jul 11, 13:32 CEST

Hello David,

Thank you for your patience and apologies on the late reply - we've been having a larger volume of contacts lately. 

We have different partners in Thailand through which we send the payments. It depends on the automated system through which partner bank the payment goes each time. 

What we can do at the moment regarding your last transfer 79400076, however, is to provide you with deposit note and transfer receipt. Deposit note has information on it which shows that we have received GBP and transfer receipt shows that we have converted the GBP to THB and sent it out to the recipient bank. 
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any other proof of payment from the bank since it would only show that it is a local transfer.

For the future transfers there are two options to route payments through the partner bank that would show your transfer as international. 
If you wish to route your payment through Bangkok bank, please give us a call once you have set up the transfer so that we could manually route the payment through to the partner. 
Alternatively, we can add a comment to your recipient details, so that the payment will be routed to the correct payout route. 

However, please note that it is out of our goodwill to provide such service. We will try to accommodate to your request, yet we can't promise anything as due to technical difficulties the transfer might still be rerouted to a different route automatically. 

Should you have any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Best wishes,

Mara
Transferwise

31480438ac6dd120b2a88cdbbdc08e34?size=40

David Edward Ross

Jul 8, 13:04 CEST

Can you please confirm you have changed your systems starting this month and all UK payments will no longer be shown as international payments.
Over the last 18 months everyone of my transfer have been recorded as international payments but I have been told this is no longer the case.
International payments are required to satisfy visa requirements here in Thailand.
Thanks

David Ross

This is the reply I got from Transferwise yesterday.

In other words even if you contact them there is no guarantee it will show as International payment

That is my understanding anyway.

image Support FAQs image Contact Us

[XZ4M4P-Y4YW]

And below pretty much sums up TW's above response.

However, please note that it is out of our goodwill to provide such service. We will try to accommodate to your request, yet we can't promise anything as due to technical difficulties the transfer might still be rerouted to a different route automatically. 

i DID the transaction succesfully.

thanks for your help.

i know that western union is the worst exchange rate, but this is

not allways the case when the payment comes from some less developed countries.

but the payment apears as payment from WESTERN UNION...so not

the question is  - will the IO accept this western union payment

as payment from foreign origin (FTT)?

10 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

What is SMART Coding? 

SMART is a domestic/intra-Thailand funds transfer system....used to move funds between Thai banks.  The SMART system has been around for a long time.