Indian man who borrowed 800,000 baht from friend for retirement extension held on fraud charges

rooster59

17 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Can/do the Thai police track every one's phone? If so, why the need for TM 30s?

They do that in case of a semi-serious crime or worse. Same as in USA, UK and many more countries in the world. How would you feel if your government tracked your every step at a regular basis? I disn´t hear people cheering when they talked about electronic trackable implants.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

The guy holding up the sign has got 3 hands!

Now I'm buggered. Hats to you for finding this stuff out. How do you even...

41 minutes ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Is this guy one of those big spending Indians that TAT think will save the tourism business?

...we all know full well it ain't just Indians doing this?!???? They're just "late to the party".

I'm surprised that in this case the lender didn't at least keep this guys passport, if he didn't. Probably cos he was one of his "best mates".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Strange that the police acted to quickly on what is a civil matter, unless of course, someone has promised someone else a well deserved reward upon apprehension of the runner and recovery of said loot.. 

Maybe it was borrowed from a Thai "friend"? 

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Strange that the police acted to quickly on what is a civil matter, unless of course, someone has promised someone else a well deserved reward upon apprehension of the runner and recovery of said loot.. 

Agreed, this is very odd that Police will act on a civil matter.

I'm not even sure they have any jurisdiction over civil matters, as while it may have been a crime between 2 individuals, it was not a criminal offense in Thailand...that needs be determined by the courts.

I assume there must have been some sort of documentation, and as you say, a significant reward to go to all that trouble.

Interesting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DLock said:

Agreed, this is very odd that Police will act on a civil matter.

I'm not even sure they have any jurisdiction over civil matters, as while it may have been a crime between 2 individuals, it was not a criminal offense in Thailand...that needs be determined by the courts.

I assume there must have been some sort of documentation, and as you say, a significant reward to go to all that trouble.

Interesting.

...it's called a weak "rule of law".