Internet speed.

Gandtee

My wife has just told me that AIS have announced they have speeded up their service? I've just checked my computer's performance. Download-35.39. Upload-66.25. Ping-48. Are these good performance figures? This on fibre optic.

Edited by Gandtee
Additional words.

15 minutes ago, elcaro said:

That is terrible for fiber optic.

Without knowing details (test to where?) you can't say it's terrible.

The advertised speeds are garantueed to the ISPs testserver in Thailand.

25 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Download-35.39. Upload-66.25. Ping-48.

In real life this is more than enough for a private/single user.

That upload is much faster than download is a bit unusual.

"Ping-48" (48 ms?)  sounds like you have been testing to a server outside Thailand.

Hongkong? Singapore? And for that the numbers are plausible.

And as already written, it is important to know with what device you tested (WiFi or LAN cable)?

My smartphone won't show more than about 60 MBit/s on a 2.4 GHz WiFi simply because it can't do faster. PC will show around 100/100 (new 3BB connection) but only if no others

And then the decisive question: do you have problems, slow feel when using the internet or just hunting for best test numbers?

Edited by KhunBENQ

11 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

Dont you mean the other way around?  download is much faster than upload. Im getting 75/90 download  and 20/15 upload Singapore on SINET. Supposed to be 100/30

I've just checked again using OOKLA and a totally different result.Download-107.43. Upload-55.06. Ping-9. This seems to be more like it. I'm sorry to be so vague on this but as an 85 year old most of this is gobbledegook. I thank all those who have tried to help me. I wish the wife hadn't mentioned AIS's update.????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Dont you mean the other way around?  download is much faster than upload. Im getting 75/90 download  and 20/15 upload Singapore on SINET. Supposed to be 100/30 

Surprisingly 3BB and ToT both now advertise symmetric rates (100/100 to 500/500).

First test with the new 3BB installation indeed confirmed this (both approx 100).

I think it points to the generation of cloud users.

I did a backup of important data (2GB) to a cloud server (MEGA) and that was a breeze.

Got a offer from AIS last week.......... Phoned TRUE then went to shop to sign for another year at the NEW speed..  300/150 for the same price as the past year 599 per month. + FREE mobile calls 150 baht month + Free Internet TV

Been with TRUE for 16 years, all these other Companies try to get the custom and offer better deals, Contact TRUE they will always match or better the deal..