TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

6 minutes ago, Samuel Smith said:

Must be nice living next door to your immigration office.

Yes it is nice actually. Although if I didn’t then I could report to the local police station as per the rules. Very simple and no hassle for me or my wife. Anything else you’d like to moan about? 

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tongjaw said:

Yes it is nice actually. Although if I didn’t then I could report to the local police station as per the rules. Very simple and no hassle for me or my wife. Anything else you’d like to moan about? 

Keep following the rules, but they'll get you, eventually ????

12 hours ago, lkv said:

For me, what impressed me the most, is that it's for your own safety.

I almost had a tear in my eye.

Screenshot_20190721-022546_Samsung Internet.jpg

I read that as when you don't comply, they will take your life and property.

Welcome to Thailaaaaaan!

On 7/20/2019 at 5:25 PM, Samuel Smith said:

"The TM.30 can also be submitted online but the system only works for Chrome and Internet Explorer users."

Great IT dept ????

It'll get better. I recall the online 90-dayer when that 1st came aboot... didn't work. 

Does now.

1 minute ago, DrTuner said:

I read that as when you don't comply, they will take your life and property.

Welcome to Thailaaaaaan!

It's in reference to that cartoon video they came up with, with the dark skinned bomber that is making a bomb at the residence, and if TM30 was in force, the bomber would be apprehended.

Where is that silly video, can anybody locate it for me, I want to add it to the collection.

39 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

How can people be expected to know what each office requires that is different from every other office? And why is there no unity in the requirements throughout Thailand? 

Yet, they are quick to fine you or label you as a bad apple for Thailand if you didn't know something or failed to report some change. 

If this new boss is really going to tighten the reigns on foreigners. He should first ensure that each and every immigration office is trained and follows the laws and asks for the same things every other office requires by law. Instead of them making their own rules and requirements.

People don't need to know what every office requires. They need to know what their office requires. I don't think many people report to multiple offices.

9 hours ago, cnx101 said:

Yes it’s gets worse and worse, every time you go online you see these sour faced guys having a go about something to upset foreigners, it was a fun place years ago but now not a nice place to be anymore, Vietnam they know how to welcome and treat foreigners, it is now the place to be.

That't why 7 million tourists Vietnam as opposed to 40 million Thailand.  

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Look, it's their country and they can make up whatever rules they want.  But don't be surprised when the 'Good guys in, bad guys out' slogan actually results in 'Good guys out, bad guys in'.

Bad guys don't do 90 day reports and TM30s.  They lie low.  Good guys (and ladies) are the ones who are being inconvenienced because of these ludicrous rules that do nothing to make the country or foreign tourists/expats any safer.

Immigration at CW was due to see another 500,000 baht from me to renew my Elite visa.  That's not going to happen now, and in 3 weeks I'll be sitting in another country with my 1 year business visa, work permit and still with 485,000 baht in the bank ????

I'd do the same thing.  I spend 1900 per year.  500,000 and I'm back to America.  

Just now, Samuel Smith said:

Keep following the rules, but they'll get you, eventually ????

Yep I was correct. Even after it was explained you did have something else to moan about. It’s the same old thing here on TV. Some people can only see the glass half empty, some people half full. I however, I see the glass as refillable. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Even something as simple as the online 90 day check in. Just tried. System is down, or they stopped allowing that convenience? So dumb. It is a $30 fix, if it is broken. It is probably about control, denying us that small bit of comfort, and making sure the entire process is difficult and never easy for us. Such myopia. Such a staggering degree of ignorance and racism. And such a stunning lack of vision and progress. To be expected from this hapless army. Anything they do, everything they touch is tainted.  

Did you use the app?  It was up for me 5 minutes ago.  

2 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

That't why 7 million tourists Vietnam as opposed to 40 million Thailand.  

Have patience. It will take a little for the balance to shift, some people still think Pattaya is a breathtaking coastal city with unparalleled natural beauty, as per the Qatar Airlines advertisment in 2018.

All they have to do is walk a little on Sukhumvit Road Bangkok, and be stopped for a security Gestapo check, courtesy of Thonglo Police.

Let's see how soon those come back.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:31 PM, simon43 said:

As mentioned in other threads, I'm also out of here - and no, the door won't hit me on the way out ????

I teach online, and that's not strictly legal in Thailand. 

I do local community volunteer work, and strictly speaking, I need an NGO work permit for that, which I don't/can't have because I just teach in my local community.

Am I just moaning and will still be here next year?  Nope.  Notice given on my rented house, half my chattels already moved to Luang Prabang, Lao business visa, work permit and ID card already applied for, (no need for $ in the bank). I already held meetings with the Lao government chaps about my satellite design work/expertise which I'll be engaged in as part of my radio hobby.

I should be outta here by the middle of next month.

No-one in Thai authority will miss me at all.  But I suspect that when many other expats leave (as I predict that they will), perhaps the authorities will realise that you can only push people so far until you reach the tipping point.

Bye, bye.

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

Look, it's their country and they can make up whatever rules they want.  But don't be surprised when the 'Good guys in, bad guys out' slogan actually results in 'Good guys out, bad guys in'.

Bad guys don't do 90 day reports and TM30s.  They lie low.  Good guys (and ladies) are the ones who are being inconvenienced because of these ludicrous rules that do nothing to make the country or foreign tourists/expats any safer.

Immigration at CW was due to see another 500,000 baht from me to renew my Elite visa.  That's not going to happen now, and in 3 weeks I'll be sitting in another country with my 1 year business visa, work permit and still with 485,000 baht in the bank ????

well good for you …. I think you've already told us 5 times 

anyway, bye !  Don't forget to write ….

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I lived in Vietnam.  Thailand's got nothing to worry about.  

How many years ago did you live there? You stated that for the last 15 years you lived in Thailand?

On 7/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

Yes you did, BUT

RE "As it's said - with many rules and regulations from immigration, the actual requirements may differ from one office to another"

To confirm exactly what is required in your province, contact your local immigration office.

* So it is up to the immigration office where you belong to what process they might have - it's just fantastic that one rule not applies for the whole country so with this in mind forget what has been said and always check with the immigration office in the province you are at all times located as the rules may differ ...

On 7/20/2019 at 5:17 AM, MeePeeMai said:

You forgot to mention that they can also change from day to day and from officer to officer.

When I had trouble renewing my retirement visa at CW many thai friends said go back on another day and you will get a different officer should be fine.  LOL.  It is the thai way.

It's about knowing where all of us are so that if serious political issues arise they can do a mass deportation so there will be no western critics and gadfly's about. Seems pretty obvious to me.

My address is tied to:

TM7

Visa and extension

Work permit/s

Drivers license

SIM card

BTS card

Re-entry permit/s

90 day report/s

Reported any hotel stay

But that's somehow not enough.

It's pretty laughable, the incompetence - the government collects all this information but it's not able to create a database for it's latest Orwellian dumpster dive. Yet another database needs to be created.

Every time I think hard about it I just want to empty my bank accounts and leave. 5 years if no changes..

Maybe, to help us all out, the Immigration Department could release an inter-active map of Thailand detailing IOs that care and those that don't ... just so as we all know and can gravitate to those which don't care. 

8 hours ago, upena said:

I have reported to the local Thai Police and they had no idea what the TM 30 was.

8 hours ago, garzhe said:

Me too, they did'nt know what it was but signed and stamped it anyway. When I showed it at Immigration they said you must do here. I said will you open for me on Saturday or Sunday I arrived Friday night. Just shouted can not do at Police station must come here. 

For returns to Thailand from abroad in 2015, 2018 and 11th. March 2019, my first TM30 report each time was at my local police station, within 24 hours of return, and they issued a receipt. They seemed to have some sort of book in which they looked-up the TM30 procedure last time. What they actually did with the paperwork I've no idea but I had the receipt I needed, with an official rubber stamp. I later (up to 2 months later in one case, when I next needed to visit the IO) took that to local Immigration who accepted it without question and then issued their own TM30 receipt dated the day of my visit. I then had 2 TM30 receipts to keep in my passport each time. My current TM30s are dated 12th. March and 21st. March.

Khon Kaen Immigration. How long they'll continue to be so sensible re. TM30s is anyone's guess but I hope it continues.

6 hours ago, transam said:

It boils down to they all being tarred with the same brush....If those who control the country had any sense they should be able to sort probs and advise those who control different departments. But no, they are all the same, that's why they cannot fix road carnage, nobody can work out a fix..

Exactly. I just flew back into BKK a few hours ago from an international business trip. I'm a businessman and I've lived here and had work permit for almost 20 years. I travel a lot- sometimes a few times each month. Tonight, in spite of having my fingerprints in multiple times, I had to do a complete set of both hands plus thumbs tonight. I was held longer then normal as the IO scrutinized my passport and record checking for God knows what. I am a seasoned, well presented, successful person and was simply shocked at this deep scrutiny again this week.

Edit: I've made the decision to relocate my Asian operations to Japan in light of all these changes and will be moving in two months. I will keep my home in Thailand and we have a full life here that I hope to return to and retire to, but it's no longer my end game. 

It's not difficult is it! The TM30 form which i only found out about on the 4th July 2019 and was fined 800 Baht. Afterall I've only been in Thailand since 2006 on a retirement visa.

The bottom line is as long as all the information you are providing is real.

Getting an extension and retirement visa is easy!????

2 hours ago, rexall said:

That is the next step.  Not necessarily ankle bracelets, but some kind of GPS monitoring device is the logical outcome if the screws keep tightening.

If you dig thru the archives they did propose just that a few years back.  Along with tagging you at the airport like an animal in a national geographic study.  ????????

For those of you threatening promising to leave Thailand, be careful where you head to.

I have just read a report in bangkokjackdotcom that shows an article headlined 'Cambodian government orders strict registration of foreigners'.

I do not believe that it is April 1st yet.

The grass on the other side of the fence is not always greener - just painted.

Archived