TM.30: Immigration chief tells foreigners: Report where you are and who is staying with you

rooster59

21 minutes ago, baboon said:

Mrs baboon will not be complying, her reasoning being that there will be no end to it once in the system, with officials simply inventing problems to suit them.

I suspect Mrs baboon won't be paying the fines, that will fall to Mr baboons responsibility.

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

For those of you threatening promising to leave Thailand, be careful where you head to.

I have just read a report in bangkokjackdotcom that shows an article headlined 'Cambodian government orders strict registration of foreigners'.

I do not believe that it is April 1st yet.

The grass on the other side of the fence is not always greener - just painted.

Most Asian countries like to have the main address of foreigners living long term in their countries.

I don't have a problem with that, writing your home address on your 1 year VISA application is fine by me.

Nothing like this fines and 24hr reporting of every trip, even though you're married and living in the same house for the past 10 years.

Not in Cambodia, Philippines or Vietnam anyway.

Hard to believe IO can create so much confusion over 1 form.

without having to read all 31 pages of, I am sure, relevant posts, can someone point to me where it says that the foreigner or alien has to submit a TM30. Because all I see is the requirement of hotels, owners of appartments, houses etc having to report. 

Our only requirement is to do a 90 day report. Apologies if this has already been discussed. Cheers

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

Think of it like 76 little countries all trying to get a piece of the pie.  Like the America each State and town has it's own drinking laws some dry some half dry and some wet,  some allow hookers and young teen marriages others don't some smoke pot OK others no - crimes are different all over the country.  Like that - Thailand is just a little USA.  If you can handle being a tourist in America surely you can make it in Thailand.  

No different to the UK courts. One magistrate will send you down another will give you a fine - for the same offence.

1 hour ago, dontoearth said:

When I had trouble renewing my retirement visa at CW many thai friends said go back on another day and you will get a different officer should be fine.  LOL.  It is the thai way.

Thai way is for those who prefer excitement rather than predictability ... :thumbsup:

The grass on the other side of the fence is not always greener..

True, but when the grass on your side of the fence is full of weeds, and no-one has any Roundup weed-killer, it is probably better to hop over the fence...

Just now, simon43 said:

True, but when the grass on your side of the fence is full of weeds, and no-one has any Roundup weed-killer, it is probably better to hop over the fence...

Many of us have made plans to leave in different circumstances. In my case, I will keep everything intact in Thailand and hope to return to retire but I have created other options also. Luckily, we have my wife's parents to act as caretakers for our home until we return, and they have their own nice home, so I'm not worried about anybody "homesteading."

On 7/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, blackcab said:

Did I read that right? If you have a yellow house book, or you are listed in the blue house book (Permanent Residents), you do not need to file a TM30 if you are returning to that address?

If you are a permanent resident you do not need to file a TM30 or do 90 day reporting.

12 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you.

Alternative reality is real enough for those who suffer from paranoia ...

Use your telephone and look click into the Imm office website. Scroll down and it will say how many visited and then say: Your IP # is.....
So if you think they are not now monitoring every action then you seriously are crazy. Worse than you thought.

Monitoring ? They can’t even provide a proper electricity supply throughout the country!
They can monitor whatever they want who says the SIM card in your phone or the internet connection you use have to be in your name and not in a Thai’s name ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 minutes ago, simon43 said:

... and after a while you may experience that Roundup doesn't exist on the other side either ...

This is definitely in the 1979 Immigration  Act but I but my memories go back to the early 80s and I can't remember it ever being strictly enforced.  Since much of the 1979 Act, which focuses a lot on permanent residence that was easy to obtain then, is out of date or redundant (this part in particular), it is probably about time it was thrown out and re-drafted in line with Thailand's needs today.  Many of the visas people use today didn't exist in 1979, i.e. retirement and marriage extensions, and have been created piecemeal through national police orders which have not been submitted to parliamentary scrutiny. 

1 hour ago, kevinmartyn said:

It's not difficult is it! The TM30 form which i only found out about on the 4th July 2019 and was fined 800 Baht. Afterall I've only been in Thailand since 2006 on a retirement visa.

The bottom line is as long as all the information you are providing is real.

Getting an extension and retirement visa is easy!????

I have an idea to make the extension even easier:

"Is your information the same as last year for your extension?"

'Yes it is."

"Ok, we have this in our computer already. Please sign here and pay 1900 B."

"OK.  Thank you, goodbye.  See you next year."

Doesn't the law date from when they had a Communist insurgency? Was that what they were thinking with putting this law in place? Is there another insurgency on the horizon, aside from the one currently active in the south? What does this law mean that visitors should expect? Is Thailand safe? Better warn everybody not to come then, right?

Yes sure the communist Insurgents where reporting on a TM 30 where they were staying!
The idea was fascist - the communists are long gone the fascists are getting stronger again!
Although looking at the monopolies the super rich have created for themselves here would fit perfectly into communism working with the current politburo we have in Bangkok.
They seem to have found a combined solution - controlling the economy with communist style monopolies and a fascist government.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 minutes ago, greeneking said:

I have an idea to make the extension even easier:

"Is your information the same as last year for your extension?"

'Yes it is."

"Ok, we have this in our computer already. Please sign here and pay 1900 B."

"OK.  Thank you, goodbye.  See you next year."

Why would they want to make it easier?  The more negatives here and other places and the more mumbo jumbo about difficult immigration the less clients go to Immigration and their job is easier.  Bash a reg and help a poor Immigration officer work less.  

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Everyone should have health insurance, for many reasons. I also think there should be a language exam for those wanting long term yearly visa extensions.

Even though I feel confident about passing those requirements Im pleased that you’ll never be in charge..

25 minutes ago, Arkady said:

This is definitely in the 1979 Immigration  Act but I but my memories go back to the early 80s and I can't remember it ever being strictly enforced.  Since much of the 1979 Act, which focuses a lot on permanent residence that was easy to obtain then, is out of date or redundant (this part in particular), it is probably about time it was thrown out and re-drafted in line with Thailand's needs today. 

Be very careful what you wish for, especially in today's political climes...

On 7/20/2019 at 11:16 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes, i wrote about that here before somewhere. Reason being if u are the registered housemaster the system at the airport doesn't log your tm30 out so you are still registered. 

Of course i got only naysayer replies, including mods here, but now u have it from immigration source too. ???? 

So much for the systems aren't connected, they are.. And revenue department sooner or later too. 

No you still have to fill in TM30, I have yellow book pink id card and still got a fine when I extended, it all depends on the IO office you go to. If you have no need to visit immigration or visitors from abroad they wont know if you filed in or not.

22 minutes ago, oldwelshman said:

No you still have to fill in TM30, I have yellow book pink id card and still got a fine when I extended, it all depends on the IO office you go to. If you have no need to visit immigration or visitors from abroad they wont know if you filed in or not.

Unless they surround your house, raid your condo, stop you in a taxi.......

Yes, been a requirement for ages but nonetheless puke-worthy. Don't know why singletons put up with it when there are easier regional options. Perhaps the rest of the world will wake up and have Thais report in-kind in home countries...

I'm a little confused about this TM30 requirement.

I'm here on a 60 day tourist visa, & I spend around 6 months per year here. 

I rent a condo in Samut Prakan, on a 12 month contract.

Question? As a tourist, do I need to advise my constant movements? My landlord must be reporting me here as the tenant, and is fully aware I'm often traveling in & out. I never play around with visa extensions, just in & out, on time!

Am I breaking any laws. This has got me a little worried now?

Archived