Sterling on back foot due to growing concern about no-deal Brexit

webfact

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, fishtank said:

I must have missed it.

Again please.

I usually say to him that there were only two options on the ballot paper and they were either Leave or Stay , stay meaning to completely stay and leave to mean completely leave , no mention of half leaving (with a deal).

He usually then replies about Tommy Robinson being a bank robber , football hooligan and wife beater 

"Completely Leave". More Hard Brexiteer spin making that exclusive to no-deal. Which it never has been. But they continue to pretend that it is.

I usually say to him that there were only two options on the ballot paper and they were either Leave or Stay , stay meaning to completely stay and leave to mean completely leave , no mention of half leaving (with a deal).
   He usually then replies about Tommy Robinson being a bank robber , football hooligan and wife beater 

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

"Completely Leave". More Hard Brexiteer spin making that exclusive to no-deal. Which it never has been. But they continue to pretend that it is.

What does "leave" mean then ?

David Cameroon even stated before the vote that leave means to leave completely and any deals can be made after we have left .

Right I've really had enough of this , I am going to leave Thaivisa.............I will just come back read the threads   and post as I see fit ....................but I am leaving 

David Cameroon even stated before the vote that leave means to leave completely and any deals can be made after we have left .
   Right I've really had enough of this , I am going to leave Thaivisa.............I will just come back read the threads   and post as I see fit ....................but I am leaving 

But if you were a Remainer, you would have to confess that you are telling everybody you have left, while still paying TVF membership, accepting all the mod rules, having TVF dabble in your account and accessing your computer, having to read all the Remainer posts, while not being allowed to post yourself.
I give you TVXINO.

15 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

Putting aside the merits of both sides campaigns.

The fact remains the winning leave side did campaign  putting forward arguments and proposals to the electorate. At no point did they suggest leaving without a deal.

The response from the leave campaign when challenged about their propossls is to declare that they were just options that would be available.

If i was to be hypercritical and accepted the leave response then the whole leave campaign was based upon the options available. Thus leaving the EU was just an option if the leave campaign won

A poor attempt at semantics. Thus a vote to remain by your logic would just have been and option to remain and could have meant remain. The leave vote was about NOT having to make deals or deal with EU except on our terms. The deal/ no deal issue was a remainer construct to keep us in the EU under false pretences.

Leaving does not prescribe a divorce agreement. That is the responsibility of Parliament. Which is where we are now.

But if you were a Remainer, you would have to confess that you are telling everybody you have left, while still paying TVF membership, accepting all the mod rules, having TVF dabble in your account and accessing your computer, having to read all the Remainer posts, while not being allowed to post yourself.
I give you TVXINO.
Oh dear.

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Today you will find the Hard Brexiteers have absolutely nothing to say about the trashing of Sterling. Why? Because no-Deal is their baby.

Someone else's fault. It always is. When you mold the world to fit your theory and not the other way round, this is what you get.

I will be Leaving Thailand soon while I still have something worth returning to in the UK and won't be left destitute. 

I am normally not a vindictive man, but I hope the Brexit pensioners on here get the No Deal they want and accept the consequences as their income becomes toilet paper. 

Someone else's fault. It always is. When you mold the world to fit your theory and not the other way round, this is what you get.
I will be Leaving Thailand soon while I still have something worth returning to in the UK and won't be left destitute. 
I am normally not a vindictive man, but I hope the Brexit pensioners on here get the No Deal they want and accept the consequences as their income becomes toilet paper. 

Well that sounds pretty vindictive to me. What if the British pensioners on here are not trying to live here on pounds? Got any hopes for them or anybody else who did not mould their world as you did?
What about the more likely case, that after a short period the pound bounces back? In case you could then afford luxury toilet paper, did you get an open return ticket?

5 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Well that sounds pretty vindictive to me. What if the British pensioners on here are not trying to live here on pounds? Got any hopes for them or anybody else who did not mould their world as you did?
What about the more likely case, that after a short period the pound bounces back? In case you could then afford luxury toilet paper, did you get an open return ticket?

If British pensioners are not trying to survive on income from Britain, then what are you on about?

And if and when the GBPeso does bounce back to 43 to the baht, get back to me then.

On 7/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, Proboscis said:

But don't you see that this is just a scare story put about by the remainers. All those money-traders are euro-loving remainers and it is a conspiracy to tank Sterling. But don't worry, we Brexiteers will win out in the end. So what if we have to live on dry bread and water - we had worse during the war.

Never realized that the population of the UK was so old.

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Never realized that the population of the UK was so old.

They had worse than dry bread and water during the war? I would love to hear what this poster existed on - urine and grass?

But then like most of us, I doubt if these War Patriots were even sperm in 1945.

There was a certain Brexiteer on these forums who promised that Sterling was going to bounce back in Autumn of 2016. And now we have another one doing a spin job on the day Sterling dropped a further 1% in a single day. What a hopeless pair.

On 7/23/2019 at 3:04 AM, arithai12 said:

And 7% against the Baht.

In the last year the Euro/Baht has gone from 39.06 to 34.62, a fall of almost 12%....

.....Brexit definetly pulling Euro and Sterling down, Euro holding up slightly better than  Sterling-

Sterling below 1.10 now against the Euro

I hold both euro and sterling, and before the Referendum   1 pound sterling would have got me  easy 10 baht or more than i would get for 1 euro.Today its not much more than 3BHT in diference.

The Euro has not really managed to get above 40BHt for the last 5 years or more,where as the pound was in the 50,s.

If no deal Brexit goes through,which with Bojo and Rees Mogg at the helm,looks more and more likely,then we could be looking at way below 35BHT to the pound.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

Gove and Boris doing their best to turn Sterling into toilet paper...

If British pensioners are not trying to survive on income from Britain, then what are you on about?
And if and when the GBPeso does bounce back to 43 to the baht, get back to me then.

I’m on about you. You’re the one scurrying back to UK because of the exchange rate. You wish ill of British pensioners who are still in favour of Brexit. It’s all your own problem because you are the one who miscalculated. Maybe the Brexiteer pensioners didn’t, or simply don’t moan and a prepared to tough it out because its best for UK.

Archived