Immigration continue to fine people for not reporting foreigners at their properties

webfact

I applied for on-line TM 30 reporting about a month ago and got the login and password within 4 days. They were really pushing for it in the Chiang Mai immigration office. Is the on-line application regional or centrally arranged?

5 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

In China.  It was great at one time, but Thailand has been ruined by the junta.   Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia offer less hassles and fun.   

You live in Cambodia right? or did you move to Thrilling fun time malaysia now ????

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Easy money for immigration, nice to see they have fined the landlords

and not the tenants,as it is the landlords responsibility.

reards worgeordie

If with landlord you mean the owner you are one-third correct. The other two-thirds are the house master (= tenant) and the possessor (= tenant). See section 38 of the Immigration Act.

For the definition of house master, please see section 4 of the Immigration Act.

Yes, they too are punished for not complying with a xenophobic policy.  Is it a limitless xenophobia or just a big misunderstanding?  You tell us.   
It's not a new law, and I don't really see it as any more xenophobic than 90 day reporting or other annoying requirements for foreigners. It's not a misunderstanding - it's bureaucratic, ridiculous and annoying, like so much of life here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The IO confirmed that I would need to submit the same paperwork each time I returned from staying away from "home", whether a weekend trip within the country or returning from overseas.

At what immigration office was this?

12 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes it will. Therefore it would be better as a foreigner that wishes to rent, to not complain so much and just do the TM30 as a possessor of the residence.

Which is also according to Section 38 in the Immigration Law.

@fullcave please explain what´s so funny with my post.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fullcave said:

I would not call Malaysia fun but if you stay in the Chinese section of town at least you can buy beer and get drunk enough to think it was fun. 

Really, and that is considered to be a sensible comment?

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, and you are the wizard of standards when all other persons already understand it was a bad app.

If the app was bad then they should fix it so these folks can register and get with the system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Really, and that is considered to be a sensible comment?

No mate just a poor attempt at humor. My apologies if it offended you. In my view the best thing about Malaysia are the beaches however not nearly as much fun as Thailand or Vietnam again in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fullcave said:

If the app was bad then they should fix it so these folks can register and get with the system. 

Yes, of course. Did I mention anything about that? Talk to the country, man. Otherwise, take a chill pill.

On the other side of things, you can still get with the system, by beeing a little more vigilante and aware of all the things that you might need to jump through.

4 minutes ago, fullcave said:

No mate just a poor attempt at humor. My apologies if it offended you. In my view the best thing about Malaysia are the beaches however not nearly as much fun as Thailand or Vietnam again in my opinion. 

But, Vietnam is getting better really quick. ????  Sorry for the rest, man.

Edited by Matzzon

It's quite offensive and it treats foreigners as a sub species making us feel like excrement.  Thais are treated like equals in Australia as it should be, they aren't watched and monitored 24/7 and can feel at ease to live their lives 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Malaysia fun?

Yes, depending on your circumstances.  It does not have some of the obvious things Thailand has, but it is there and generally ignored by the powers that be unless it crosses the line.  Dating is better.   The population is better educated and is more likely to engage in intellectual conversations.  You can talk about politics without scaring people to death, unlike Thailand.   You can build a boat in your back yard and nobody will call immigration.  If you crash at your girl friend's house, she does not have to call immigration.   Thailand use to be great, but it just isn't anymore.  It is good for short time. 

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, phuketrichard said:

but at least we have  a drive thru, takes a few minutes only  ????
all they need is some enterprising thai  set up coffee stand before you enter immigration.

Coffee n eats are right there, but you must get out of your car! Life,s a battle....

9 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

but at least we have  a drive thru, takes a few minutes only  ????
all they need is some enterprising thai  set up coffee stand before you enter immigration.

Ha ha, only to be asked at the stand, "You fo' coffee?"

I have never ever filled in a tm30 ,saw one for the first time yesterday when i downloaded one ,have never been asked for one and have lived in "our sons house" for some time . went to the UK in march ,and went out of province to stay with the mother in law a few months ago .

I have never ever filled in a tm30 ,saw one for the first time yesterday when i downloaded one ,have never been asked for one and have lived in "our sons house" for some time . went to the UK in march ,and went out of province to stay with the mother in law a few months ago .
Do you have to do Extensions?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app