Immigration continue to fine people for not reporting foreigners at their properties

webfact

Immigration continue to fine people for not reporting foreigners at their properties

3pm1.jpg

Picture: Nawe Na

Naew Na reported on the activities of immigration in both Chumphon and Satun in Thailand's south. 

In both locations people were fined for not reporting the whereabouts of foreigners at their properties within the 24 hours stipulated in the regulations. 

In Chumpon a woman was fined for not reporting an American staying at her property in Rap Ror, sub-district Tha Se. 

3pm2.jpg

Picture: Nawe Na

In Satun's Phiman sub-district of Muang district two men were fined under Article 38 for not reporting foreigners at their rental properties within 24 hours.

Sources: Nawe NaNawe Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-25

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

A lot of money in this thing.

Easy money for immigration, nice to see they have fined the landlords

and not the tenants,as it is the landlords responsibility.

reards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, Metapod said:

This might make it harder to rent as landlords might be worried about the extra hassle  / fines

Yes it will. Therefore it would be better as a foreigner that wishes to rent, to not complain so much and just do the TM30 as a possessor of the residence.

Which is also according to Section 38 in the Immigration Law.

10 minutes ago, Metapod said:

This might make it harder to rent as landlords might be worried about the extra hassle  / fines

While I understand your point, Thai landlords do know which side their bread is buttered, so to speak.

Having seen news reports of the how local tenants treat their rented premises, it's not surprising.

Plus my wife has had first-hand experience of the hassle of trying to get some locals to pay their rent regularly.
So the sooner the TM30 requirement becomes better known amongst Thai landlords, the better.

I completed my TM30 yesterday as I couldn't get a letter from Immigration for my driving license renewal without it. My better half got all the info from the landlord and we did it ourselves. Although it was the first time and well past the stipulated date I did not incur a fine.

The IO confirmed that I would need to submit the same paperwork each time I returned from staying away from "home", whether a weekend trip within the country or returning from overseas. Not sure they will have the capacity to store all this extra repetitive paperwork though.

Why can't I do this at the airport on arrival? This raised smiles from the IO as he realised what a crock the whole fiasco really is.

When asked whether I could do future TM30s online the IO laughed - I can but I can't! Apparently no one to date has received feedback or a password after registering for this.

Bottom line is that I will probably try and do a TM30 whenever I return from overseas but will not bother when travelling within Thailand. 

57 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

While I understand your point, Thai landlords do know which side their bread is buttered, so to speak.

Having seen news reports of the how local tenants treat their rented premises, it's not surprising.

Plus my wife has had first-hand experience of the hassle of trying to get some locals to pay their rent regularly.
So the sooner the TM30 requirement becomes better known amongst Thai landlords, the better.

I would have to disagree, there are already numerous reports of landlords getting rid of foreign renters as they don't want the hassle. Remember this isn't a new law, it is just getting enforced.

12 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

I completed my TM30 yesterday as I couldn't get a letter from Immigration for my driving license renewal without it. My better half got all the info from the landlord and we did it ourselves. Although it was the first time and well past the stipulated date I did not incur a fine.

The IO confirmed that I would need to submit the same paperwork each time I returned from staying away from "home", whether a weekend trip within the country or returning from overseas. Not sure they will have the capacity to store all this extra repetitive paperwork though.

Why can't I do this at the airport on arrival? This raised smiles from the IO as he realised what a crock the whole fiasco really is.

When asked whether I could do future TM30s online the IO laughed - I can but I can't! Apparently no one to date has received feedback or a password after registering for this.

Bottom line is that I will probably try and do a TM30 whenever I return from overseas but will not bother when travelling within Thailand. 

Some Immigration offices are not enforcing this when people are only traveling in-country, Always best to ask at your local immigration office what their policy is. Also many people do it online, The problem is the system has become swamped with requests to set up an online account, and it is currently taking 6-8 weeks for people to get a password and login.

If the foreigner can do the TM30 is it just a case of downloading from website completing and holding it ? Where to submit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

At your local immigration office, I think it may be also possible to do it all on line if your set up an account

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

The problem is the system has become swamped with requests to set up an online account, and it is currently taking 6-8 weeks for people to get a password and login.

If this is the case then can anyone tell me whether they have been granted access to the TM30 Online reporting system? If so how long did it take from registration to gaining access? Also, if you have access, does the system actually work?

3 hours ago, Seismic said:

Some Immigration offices are not enforcing this when people are only traveling in-country, Always best to ask at your local immigration office what their policy is. Also many people do it online, The problem is the system has become swamped with requests to set up an online account, and it is currently taking 6-8 weeks for people to get a password and login.

10 weeks and counting since my Thai wife applied.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Easy money for immigration, nice to see they have fined the landlords

and not the tenants,as it is the landlords responsibility.

reards worgeordie

In a Bangkok condo raid I know of they fined both the landlords and the tenants staying illegally short-term at the condo.

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

If this is the case then can anyone tell me whether they have been granted access to the TM30 Online reporting system? If so how long did it take from registration to gaining access? Also, if you have access, does the system actually work?

My wife applied for the online system and time passed. When my niece visited our village (for 2 nights) while here for a meditation training in Chiang Mai, she still lacked the password. She sent the TM30 and copies of her application details via overnight EMS to the Immigration Office (4 hrs round-trip otherwise, just for the driving) and a self addressed registered envelope for the receipt. Included in the return was a password. I've had an overnight trip into Chiang Mai since then and the system allowed filing a report on a TM30 to cover my being back home.

The TM30 saga continues unabated.. With many tenants working as well as the owners, or arriving back from overseas jetlagged, this ridiculous 24 hr reporting time is crazy except maybe in NK.. 

I know TIT, but wouldn't a 7 day window for TM30 reporting, make life so much easier.. Stupidity plus.. 

If they keep up this crap than no one will have Foreigners staying or renting. To much trouble for working people to run around and dance at the Immigrations whims. Some people just don't have the time to do this, losing Hours sometime avery day.

I live in central Thailand and have tried to do this for five years, last time two days ago when I was at IO for my 90-days report. I asked the officer if my wife had to fill in the TM30 report to tell that I was living in her house. He looked at me and asked what is TM 30? I explained and he just looked more surpriced and went on with asking my wife in thai. After that he get back to me and say, no need.

11 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I live in central Thailand and have tried to do this for five years, last time two days ago when I was at IO for my 90-days report. I asked the officer if my wife had to fill in the TM30 report to tell that I was living in her house. He looked at me and asked what is TM 30? I explained and he just looked more surpriced and went on with asking my wife in thai. After that he get back to me and say, no need.

The first one I submitted in Udon was 2017. They accepted, reluctantly and weren't interested.

They've got the hang of it now they realise there's the chance to fine the ferang for not submitting one when he does his visa extension.

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Xenophobic?  It's the Thai landlords that have been fined in this case.

Yes, they too are punished for not complying with a xenophobic policy.  Is it a limitless xenophobia or just a big misunderstanding?  You tell us.   

4 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Why not move to a province that does not require reporting.  Or China.  

In China.  It was great at one time, but Thailand has been ruined by the junta.   Vietnam, Indonesia and Malaysia offer less hassles and fun.   

Archived