are they checking TM 30 at airport departures?

the manager of my apartment building still has not started doing TM 30 lodgements yet - still waiting for his online password is his excuse!

I am on annual retirement extensions and will be doing a short trip out of the country next month - will I have a problem at the airport? should I lodge a TM 30 myself before I go?

Edited by bkkguy1970

I have taken 3 international trips out of BKK airport in the past few weeks, and as far as I know they do not even look at that form. My TM30 is stapled into the passport, but it does not seem to have been unfolded and looked at, so I think you are fine. However, make sure you do file the report when you get back to Thailand.

5 minutes ago, bkkguy1970 said:

that's what I was hoping for, and yes I do plan to lodge myself when I get back if no progress with the management but didn't want to waste a trip beforehand if not needed

I assume your bkk and hence do extension CW.

Just do a tm30 upon your last return to home prior to next extension. 

On 7/25/2019 at 7:48 PM, keemapoot said:

I have taken 3 international trips out of BKK airport in the past few weeks, and as far as I know they do not even look at that form. My TM30 is stapled into the passport, but it does not seem to have been unfolded and looked at, so I think you are fine. However, make sure you do file the report when you get back to Thailand.

Who knows they never look at the correct page where current stamps are, must waste time going over every page looking for what?

I am a frequent flyer with Air Asia "Fly-thru" from Khon Kaen Airport to other ASEAN countries and in 4 years I have never been asked for, or questioned about, a form TM30. All Immigration need is the TM6 Departure slip stapled to my passport.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 2:48 PM, keemapoot said:

If you have stayed in a hotel you can not present a TM30 or TM28. And checking bij the officer in the database would be timeconsuming. But having said that, i go in and out thailand at least 10 times a year. Without TM 30!  Never had a question about that.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Basha said:

How can a tenant (not an owner) file his/her own TM 30 upon return? (Assuming the landlord does not?)

Complete the form using your name and on page 2 as well. Attach a copy of your rental agreement, copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them. Copy of your passport photo page, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

On 7/28/2019 at 9:13 AM, ubonjoe said:

Attach a copy of your rental agreement, copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

if the "owner" is a juristic entity - eg an apartment building owned/managed by a company - is a rental agreement is sufficient?

3 minutes ago, bkkguy1970 said:

if the "owner" is a juristic entity - eg an apartment building owned/managed by a company - is a rental agreement is sufficient?

You don't need that. File your tm30 as "possessor".

You will need copy lease and identity page pp. Also tm6 with last entry just in case. The two spaces for names will be both yours.

Nothing from owner required. Apart from lease.