Constitutional Court warns critics of its rulings may face contempt charges

snoop1130

If you don't want contempt, don't behave contemptibly.

Well, you seem to be one of the first ones make a kneefall and a very deep wai. Guess you are used to this from your home country. Thailand needs expats like you. Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

Well, you seem to be one of the first ones make a kneefall and a very deep wai. Guess you are used to this from your home country. Thailand needs expats like you. Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

he was talking about the court for their ruling that gave them 15 days to reply

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm afraid you have lost me. Would you care to elaborate? 

Well, rather easy. You are scared to show contempt for the new rules. And you seem to be even more scared of the consequenses that would follow from the mighty magician in case you would speak out what is wrong with these courts here. Is this so difficult to understand ? I guess for a person like you it is. Thats why continue your with your wais. 

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

OK...? Err, you do know that I have a checkable posting history lambasting the junta and their lackeys since the 2014 coup?
No. So I'm really wondering about your post in the first place. Maybe it is your turn to explain to me/us what excatly you meant to say. Unless I need some more english lessons.[emoji12]

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Swedenlars said:

No. So I'm really wondering about your post in the first place. Maybe it is your turn to explain to me/us what excatly you meant to say. Unless I need some more english lessons.emoji12.png

1. The court says 'Don't question US, peasants...'

2. I raise an objection to that. It's quite straightforward...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baboon said:

1. The court says 'Don't question US, peasants...'

2. I raise an objection to that. It's quite straightforward...

Fascinating. I read your statement "If you don't want contempt, don't behave contemptibly" as meaning that criticism of the court can certainly be done in a responsible fashion. I read it completely backwards! 555

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Inn Between said:

When entities put themselves above criticism and threaten people with legal action upon hearing it, they are the most deserving of contempt expressed against them. 

They are not putting themselves above criticism.Read the article more carefully they say the use of expletives,sarcasm and vengeful language in the criticism is not going to be tolerated.Though your statement is valid I don't think it applies here. 

10 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

No. So I'm really wondering about your post in the first place. Maybe it is your turn to explain to me/us what excatly you meant to say. Unless I need some more english lessons.emoji12.png

I think you need some more English lessons, I am a native English speaker and I understood the point made in the origional post perfectly and I also understand the posters confusion from the comments you have made regarding his post ????

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

Well, rather easy. You are scared to show contempt for the new rules. And you seem to be even more scared of the consequenses that would follow from the mighty magician in case you would speak out what is wrong with these courts here. Is this so difficult to understand ? I guess for a person like you it is. Thats why continue your with your wais. 

I'm gonna stick my neck out here and guess that English is not your first language which would explain your complete misunderstanding of Baboons post.

It means that it is the court who is acting contemptibly .

• Like 2

10 hours ago, timendres said:

Fascinating. I read your statement "If you don't want contempt, don't behave contemptibly" as meaning that criticism of the court can certainly be done in a responsible fashion. I read it completely backwards! 555

Yes, as did a few others. The key is in the ' you '. In this case the you referred to is the court.

• Like 1