Constitutional Court warns critics of its rulings may face contempt charges

snoop1130

On 7/5/2019 at 12:13 PM, bluesofa said:

Why would you say that?

Denali is the third most prominent and third most isolated peak on Earth, after Mount Everest and Aconcagua.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denali

11 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

Well, you seem to be one of the first ones make a kneefall and a very deep wai. Guess you are used to this from your home country. Thailand needs expats like you. Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

I think Swedenlars you have totally misinterpreted what bluesofa means and before you try to correct your mistake it might be best if you leave it there. You cannot win this one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

No. So I'm really wondering about your post in the first place. Maybe it is your turn to explain to me/us what excatly you meant to say. Unless I need some more english lessons.emoji12.png

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Yes, you need more lessons.....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

No. So I'm really wondering about your post in the first place. Maybe it is your turn to explain to me/us what excatly you meant to say. Unless I need some more english lessons.emoji12.png

Take the lessons.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anyone violating this clause could be regarded as acting in contempt of court. The violation carries a maximum imprisonment of one month, a fine of no more than Bt50,000, or both.

Big brother bares it's teeth.

13 hours ago, baboon said:

If you don't want contempt, don't behave contemptibly.

13 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

Well, you seem to be one of the first ones make a kneefall and a very deep wai. Guess you are used to this from your home country. Thailand needs expats like you. Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Lars, you did not understand the wordplay.

15 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The constitutional court warns critics sounds like a kangaroo court in this democracy ????

it's no different from contempt of court in other countries. Luckily the courts don't read Thai Visa

15 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

I understood Baboon's post perfectly. His message is to the Constitutional Court, is stating that if the court doesn't want contempt thrown at it, then the court shouldn't act contemptuously. Baboon is criticising the Constitutional Court. He is not bowing or waii-ing to them at all.

Maybe you do need some improvement in your English language skills, sorry...…..

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the court said that according to the amended law regulating the court, which has been in force since March last year, criticism of the court should be done in an honest manner, with no use of expletives or sarcastic or vengeful language.

When the Prayut military junta unilaterally abolished the entire* 2007 Constitution in May 2014 and replaced it with a junta-written Interim Charter in a manner violating the literal reading of the Constitution, the Constitution Court was SILENT. Regardless of the fact that such actions were considered treason according to Thailand's Organic Laws and Penal Code. 

But today the Court is concerned about the manner of public criticism of its rulings?

I guess its good to see the CC can operate despite its hypocrisy and mounting lack of public credibility.

*When the junta realized it revoked Article 1 declaring Thailand a democratic monarchy and subsequent articles related to monarchy procedures, it immediately reinstated a limited number of 2007 Constitution articles. 

• Like 2