Will visit the US soon; should I pack heat?

Kelsall

Yes, and do it open carry.  Even when attending a Trump rally.  When challenged and locked up declare your right to bear arms, don't worry about legal fees the NRA will be there for you.

You won't have to be concerned with Thai immigration rules for a while.

Unless you are a total dumbass, involved in the drug trade, or are a gang member, odds are very much against your being confronted by any malicious bad guys. "Random" shootings are almost never as "random" as they are played up by the media. Perp shooting perp doesn't scare anyone!

Even if you would need a gun, such a stupid question shows that you wouldn't know what to do if you did carry. If this was a real concern, your only safe option would be to cancel your visit.

I think you can in Chicago but didn't NYC make it illegal.  LA I don't know.  All the liberal anti gun people I know employ armed body guards and live in gated communities - I'd suggest that and go to anti gun protests with your armed body guards just to be PC. 

Then there is the problem of mental stability.  I got robbed once - the burglars broke into my home while my wife and children and I slept.  I opened up on em.  Killed their truck.  They took off running.  If I had been completely awake I would probably have done something else. 

I also interrupted a robbery at my business late one night.  Silent alarm thing.  I beat the cops there and killed their car. 

I guess you could call me an vehicle killer.  The police were able to find the thieves but were upset at me shooting the autos. 

I used to carry a gun in Vietnam and Thailand but rarely used it.  More bombs and artillery - I doubt if that would work in NYC. 

i sold all my guns. many of my friends in the USA have conceal carry permits in states where it is allowed. Dramatically less crime in those areas. 

everybody in California is stoned out of their minds now since pot is legal so no problem there.

Chicago I would just open fire indiscriminately just to be on the safe side. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/03/chicago-52-shot-10-killed-most-violent-weekend-2019/1334351001/

Unless you plan on visiting a gang infested inner-city neighborhood, the chance of you getting whacked in the USA is pretty low. Most of the gun violence is confined to a few bad neighborhoods in a few cities. I've found that states having open-carry laws, or lax rules are actually safer. California, New York, and Illinois have the most restrictive gun policies but have the most violence. However, if you go to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and other western and midwestern states, people are much more respectful, friendlier, and helpful. So if you "pack-heat" chances are you won't need it.

19 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

Unless you plan on visiting a gang infested inner-city neighborhood, the chance of you getting whacked in the USA is pretty low. Most of the gun violence is confined to a few bad neighborhoods in a few cities. I've found that states having open-carry laws, or lax rules are actually safer. California, New York, and Illinois have the most restrictive gun policies but have the most violence. However, if you go to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and other western and midwestern states, people are much more respectful, friendlier, and helpful. So if you "pack-heat" chances are you won't need it.

gun.png

The OP has a brilliant idea.     He might even consider extending his idea to  carrying his weapon of choice through the TSA on both sides of the ocean.     

Just don't holler out "I've got a bomb".      Then everything should be OK.    ????

Well, here's one guy who probably wishes either he or his buddy were carrying a piece.  At the Hilton Hotel in DC no less.

This poor b4stard nearly bought the farm!

Thanks to those who provided helpful posts, and the message is clear:  If you go to the US, go heavy or don't go at all.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-searching-teens-viciously-beat-men-washington-dc/story?id=64570303

hilton-attack-212.jpg

Archived