Ganja: You can't just start growing weed, warns Justice Minister

webfact

16 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Reminds me when the Canadian government legalized medical marijuana but did not provide any legal way to get it. The police kept on raiding dispensary until they lost a case at the supreme court. It was unconstitutional to legalize marijuana but not provide any so they got forced to produce some junk product with no medicinal value (super dry whole plant grinded to dust to reduce THC content to legal level). Now it's legal for recreational use but some province still don't allow to grow it. From what my friends are telling me the black market is still going strong. Hopefully me and Somchai will be able to grow a small amount in the near future. BTW Canada is still signatory to the junk narcotic act but the USA did not put us under sanction so I say this excuse is irrelevant. 

The quality of the med cannabis is really good now in Canada but expensive. The good news is if you have a prescription its a tax write off. I was worried I would have to go without when I come to Thailand but now it sounds like there is hope I can get some there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ron jeremy said:

Well said, it's thc oil. I have a legal prescription in Canada.

i went to a clinic on soi 2 bkk.

cost was 1000 baht for initial consultation, and 3000 for the small bottle. After doing the math , it was 5-6 times more expensive in Thailand than Canada. 

Cant remember the ml in the bottle, but it wasn't much.

anyway, I passed, 

I think they saw you coming.Mel52 says 1000 baht per bottle in Isaan.

Geez folks ... 40+ years ago I went to my favorite restaurant in Loei and ordered my vegetarian meal.  Same old 25 Baht or so meal, but the young chef surprised me with some spices.   I didn't believe him but it was weed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The CBD oil that I've been prescribed is the best hash oil I've found since the 70s! Black and sticky, two drops on the tongue and after a very slow creep up on you you're banjo'd for a good 8 hours. Doing wonders for my pain though. ????

I'm glad you found something the works. What kind of pain are you in? 

1 hour ago, Damrongsak said:

Geez folks ... 40+ years ago I went to my favorite restaurant in Loei and ordered my vegetarian meal.  Same old 25 Baht or so meal, but the young chef surprised me with some spices.   I didn't believe him but it was weed. 

My friends tell me the best weed in Thailand is from Loei I had a pizza and the girl said shall i make that an Happy pizza? Make it as happy as you want 

13 hours ago, Buffy Frobisher said:

The CBD oil that I've been prescribed is the best hash oil I've found since the 70s! Black and sticky, two drops on the tongue and after a very slow creep up on you you're banjo'd for a good 8 hours. Doing wonders for my pain though. ????

This is why everyone benefits from legal cannabis products. CBD oil should not have such an effect on you, so it's clearly not even close to pure. If manufactured and sold legally it would have to meet specific quality and purity standards. I got a sample of CBD oil from a local university which has been fully tested for purity and it is perfectly safe to use, as prescribed, even while driving a car. If you wanted to get wasted, that's another issue, but most people taking CBD for medical reasons do not, they just want to feel better.

Tales of Thai weed, 40 some years ago:

A Catholic priest had a church in a small village in Loei between the main town and Chiang Khan. During harvest season, people with elephants would come through and drag field crops from the remote fields out to the road.  The priest had to do an elephant blessing ceremony.  Just before, they fed him some sort of green chicken soup.  He'd never had ganja and thought he was losing his mind.  He later told the villagers if it happened again, he'd shove a shotgun up someone's arse and pull the trigger.

A US Peace Corp volunteer was gifted quite a lot of weed by local contacts.  He was teaching.  They had a teacher party and he baked chocolate brownies.  The ones that are a bit gritty with a green shade. One young teacher gal pigged out on them - must have been a hoot to watch.

I only smoked a token bit of weed one time after I arrived in 1977.  We were on the roof of a hotel in Maha Sarakham one evening in the hot, dry season.  I thought, "What in the hell are we doing here?"  It was hot and dry as hell.  The hotel was appropriately named Suntorn.  We had to pour water on the floor and cover ourselves with wet pakamas in order to sleep at night.  Air conditioning did not exist.

• Like 1

CBD is antagonist to THC. So you can have high THC + high CBD marijuana that will get you less high than a variant with less THC and very low CBD. There is also other cannabinoids compound that are being discovered that have some effect/value. I think marijuana extract are ok unless they are denatured to isolate only specific compoumds. Marijuana should be grown and breeded to exhibit specific trait but consumed in its natural state. I think that inhaling burning plant matter is probably the worst way to consume it but so enjoyable. 

• Like 1

On 7/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, Xaos said:

So how can I get medical marichuana prescribed? If it's legal. Doubt u can even gets it. 

I got my carry papers on Jun 2 from my Doctor, but my Dr. is here in Phichit and BKK... You need to find a Doctor who had the training.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 10:53 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

Are they allowed to grow weed in their garden?

No!... But I did get my hemp seed (one pound) in last month, called "Cherry Wine" (CBD 18% / THC .03%) I will be growing them at SSRU.

Edited by doggie1955

On 7/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, FarFlungFalang said:

Mel52 says he's paying 1,000 Baht per bottle.

Up in Chiang Rai, one Doctor is selling it out of his office... but he is getting it from Laos.

And in BKK, one group is making it and sell it to Doctors there... all underground.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tayaout said:

So you can have high THC + high CBD marijuana that will get you less high than a variant with less THC and very low CBD.

Do you not mean LOW THC and high CBD will get you less high than THC<CBD. It's the THC which gets you high, and the CBD which is medicinal.

2 hours ago, doggie1955 said:

Up in Chiang Rai, one Doctor is selling it out of his office... but he is getting it from Laos.

And in BKK, one group is making it and sell it to Doctors there... all underground.

I suspected it was being imported as people were getting it before the government had even started growing it.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:12 AM, lamyai3 said:

I once lost three days of my life due to a fully loaded pizza from Happy Herb's. 

I spent a year there one night !!
I'd go back again but I can't remember where it was ??????

Edited by Sandy Freckle
  • Haha 2

On 7/30/2019 at 8:10 PM, ChipButty said:

Proper CBD oil is supposed to have minimal to no THC..., alternatively as mentioned before hash/canabis oil is however, chock-a-block with THC and is the real banjo M'coy. It's actually very easy to make THC/Hash oil using a rice cooker, cooking thermometer and some pure Alcohol (97.5% alcohol)...., no wucking furries mate !  
Look on Youtube - RSO or Rick Simpson Oil.

Edited by Sandy Freckle
precision

To anyone considering buying medicinal cannabis - anywhere, they should take note:

Buying unadulterated pure cannabis oil is very difficult in most countries unless cannabis in general is legal. By way of an example - a hell of a lot of people have jumped on the cannabis oil bandwagon in the UK - its available everywhere and for as little as £40 per 100mg. The quality and composition of much of this oil is very questionable. As with anything, the best quality gives the best results and the best quality oil comes from the buds - not the leaves, stems etc.

In general, cannabis in whatever form remains illegal in the UK and most growers that are caught are sent to prison. It takes around £3000 worth of best bud to make 100mg or good quality oil. People who make oil need to know exactly what they are doing so that the harmful compounds are removed during the extraction process - it is also essential that any chemicals (usually pure alcohol) used to extract the oil are fully removed.  So, good quality cannabis oil is expensive to make and time consuming.

Does anyone think a grower is going to risk prison and sell cannabis oil for £40 when they could have got £3000 for selling the weed? Its not rocket science.

Of course, in countries where its legal, weed can be much cheaper. However, to control quality and pests + achieve better yields, most cannabis is grown indoors.  Its takes around 3 months, consumes a considerable amount of electricity and a significant amount of work to achieve the end product. So even if someone produced it legally, they would be an idiot to sell it cheaply.

The fact is that most, if not all of the cannabis oil that's around in the UK at the moment is rubbish. In Thailand, its probably even worse.  Once big business gets involved the emphasis will be purely on profit - not quality.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Thanks 1