New UK PM Johnson heads to Northern Ireland, Brexit's toughest riddle

webfact

1 minute ago, Jonah Tenner said:

I asked, because you inferred they had better things to do and I was just curious.

Maybe gardening, maybe fishing, playing bridge and, oh there are 101 things to do, hope this satisfies your curiosity.

5 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

It looks like a Kipper to Boris how can we get this in an envelope and post it with all these absurd EU rules???? 

All these EU rules passed the EU commission, incl a British commissioner, and were finally signed by the British PM and or the subject minister, for chickens: agriculture.

So, if… backed by the British government.

Much worser: the GBP is down for the third day in row… pound directin one ounce...

Edited by puipuitom

4 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

All these EU rules passed the EU commission, incl a British commissioner, and were finally signed by the British PM and or the subject minister, for chickens: agriculture.

Google Boris and posting kippers to see my sarcastic comment aimed at our PM????

Surprise ,surplise, you are being sold out  - BoJo kept the ERG out of his cabinet and put Cummings in - he has a cunning plan WA2.1 - even the Torygraph which I subscribe to is blinking at the sound of gunshot and seeing the eyes of the enemy. The GREAT BETRAYAL  continues......any BoJo has already won he got to PM he can ditch all the promises now because its' all about him and he ain't going to bankrupt Britain. BREXIT PARTY - get ready for active service to defend the prize that you voted for a million years ago. I'm probably on ignore by the mince crowd but remainers and realists it's not disaster yet and most probably (a million to one BoJo) will never be. So if you had a hard brexit stiffie sorry if you're losing your wood......

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/07/30/does-anyone-actually-believe-boris-johnsons-high-stakes-no-deal/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7303839/Nigel-Farage-says-Boris-Johnsons-new-Brexit-chief-Dominic-Cummings-trusted.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And you'll deny you put your faith in his lies. 

BJ, Farage or Tilbrook. I'm not particularly fussed in what order providing Brexit isnt delayed any further.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boris likes to be liked - hearing the voices from the far flung regions of the UK has moved him particularly the Welsh farmers I think may have melted his stone cold heart and beyond the bluster there are real lives , real businesses and a real risk of a disastrous cliff edge Brexit - that he just won't do it. Coupled with his liberal views on immigration a deal will be done and it will mostly be WA1 tweaked and recasted.  If you want your wet dream hard Brexit then it's Nigel the perpetual outsider you'll need to vote for if you ever get the chance. And you'll just have to go back to eating your gammon mince pies I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Boris likes to be liked - hearing the voices from the far flung regions of the UK has moved him particularly the Welsh farmers I think may have melted his stone cold heart and beyond the bluster there are real lives , real businesses and a real risk of a disastrous cliff edge Brexit - that he just won't do it. Coupled with his liberal views on immigration a deal will be done and it will mostly be WA1 tweaked and recasted.  If you want your wet dream hard Brexit then it's Nigel the perpetual outsider you'll need to vote for if you ever get the chance. And you'll just have to go back to eating your gammon mince pies I'm afraid. 

I hope you are right but I wouldn't get a penny on it.

Johnson revives the WA under his own name? Capitulation. 'The Leave with No Deal and declare war against the European continent while we are at it' brigade will be satisfied with nothing less.

Remainers? 'Crap deal. Reverse and Remain. Screw the referendum and screw the Leavers who voted for it, the morons' is not the right thing to do either.

Neither side will speak to each other apart from slinging abusive memes and recycling the same arguments from 2016: Just look at Thaivisa.

It is out of our hands now. I am depressed at our future prospects if both sides cannot back down even a little.

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Johnson revives the WA under his own name? Capitulation. 'The Leave with No Deal and declare war against the European continent while we are at it' brigade will be satisfied with nothing less.

Remainers? 'Crap deal. Reverse and Remain. Screw the referendum and screw the Leavers who voted for it, the morons' is not the right thing to do either.

Neither side will speak to each other apart from slinging abusive memes and recycling the same arguments from 2016: Just look at Thaivisa.

It is out of our hands now. I am depressed at our future prospects if both sides cannot back down even a little.

Let's have a civil war and be done with it - EU can fight with remainers - we shall push leavers to north of Watford and build a wall and make them pay for it. Taking back control - they can have a new currency for their statelet the Leavers Pound which will stabilise at about 2 to 1 for the Remainers Sterling if they are lucky. That's where our landfill will be going. 

3 hours ago, baboon said:

Boris cares only about himself - he can take flak like water's off a duck's back and turn on a sixpence without blinking. Anyway who cares what Mark Francoise a heap of lard in a badly fitting suit thinks. The sooner him and his odious ilk go back to well deserved obscurity where they rant in the ERG biscuit circle the better. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Just listening to Sky news it appears his visit went down like a lead balloon with every body.

Are you really surprised???

Got a big opinion poll today...

Edited by Basil B

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

That's what I was hinting about...

Wonder if he will be available for interviews tomorrow morning (Friday). ????

The only shock will be if the Brexit party wins the seat, given;

- The Tories are fielding the previous (disgraced) candidate

- Farage conceded some weeks ago that his party are unlikely to win there (Lib Dem stronghold) &

- Labour have given the Lib Dems a free hand by not splitting the vote.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 7:30 AM, Bluespunk said:

What technology is that then, johnson?

The same technology that will ensure GBP 350 million gets diverted each week to the NHS from the billions saved by leaving the EU! 

All a figment of his imagination and lack of reality.

He really believes he can say any old crap and that it will magically become reality. And many TVF posters believe him!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kingdong said:

this whole eu fiasco should never been allowed to happen,it was supposed to be a trade agreement thats what people voted for in the 70s A COMMON MARKET,not a european super state with unelected officials imposing law and rules on us,should never have joined seems de-gaulle with his non non non was actually doing us a favour.

To be fair, that's a very valid point that often gets overlooked.

The Common Market, excellent idea, has been hi-jacked by the left-wing member state political groups who want to turn it into the EU super state (with some alarming parallels to soviet state thinking!).

These politicians claim that by voting their parties into power in member state governments, and the EU parliament, people are endorsing their "visions". But not how they never actually express that directly or test citizens views and wishes on it.

The 2 pertinent quotes I remember are the then French foreign Minister saying that the "vision should be put to all EU citizens to vote on" - he was quickly shut up and not in Macron's government; and the then German equivalent saying that "elections mustn't be allowed to change things". This was after the result of Brexit referendum was known.

There is a core element of left wing politicians throughout EU determined to deliver their "vision" whether the people want it or like it. The believe they know best. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Much worser: the GBP is down for the third day in row… pound directin one ounce...

You may be surprised at how much nonsense Boris, R-Mogg, Gove, Farage etc etc talk about the EU and blame things on EU rules and laws when in fact they are British rules and laws. This includes serious problems that have been created by British governments, over many years, failing to ensure their own rules and laws were properly enforced. 

The lying politicians exploit the masses lack of detail knowledge and understanding and give them an easy target to blame.

What's really disturbing is how easy this has been for these politicians to do as we are supposedly living in the information and knowledge age!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

The only shock will be if the Brexit party wins the seat, given;

- The Tories are fielding the previous (disgraced) candidate

- Farage conceded some weeks ago that his party are unlikely to win there (Lib Dem stronghold) &

- Labour have given the Lib Dems a free hand by not splitting the vote.

It would be a shock...

They seemed to have already crashed out.

0_PRIO-Brexit-Party-bus-loses-control-while-out-and-about-in-Wales.jpg.0859067a23257890c565e478057c819d.jpg

The Welsh water must be to strong for Nigel.