Thai wife of seriously ill British man threatened with deportation as husband ‘fears for his life’

webfact

45 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

Lets not base immigration standards on the Thai model which promotes racism and bigotry and no compassion or common sense. 

The main problem is "they know not what they do", a complete lack of critical thinking, absolute no knowledge of how to look for or to be aware of the ramifications of how one law / decision influences others laws or directives. 

In other words, no thinking beyond their nose? 

2 hours ago, Topdoc said:

"They came to the UK last May, with a plan to go back to Thailand after Ms Leonardi’s six-month tourist visa expired."

Under the circumstances, she should obviously be allowed to stay in the UK to look after her husband but would a foreigner on a tourist visa in Thailand be allowed the same?

I believe the subject is about a Thai wife being deported from England. Start a different thread if you are that interested.

3 hours ago, Scutty said:

The UK is now a fascist and racist state and its going to get a lot worse . What with trump in USA and now our very own tin pot trump is that arse Johnson and the far right milkshake Farage rearing their ugly heads ....thank god for Thailand .

Your post has nothing to do with the poor guy who needs to keep his wife with him for a little longer.

Edited by onekoolguy
Spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Whilst I sympathise with them the article is incomplete. 

Was it an "informal marriage". I believe wives are given passports. Last May? Surely not 2 months ago. She must be on overstay. How was she picked up? Mostly its because they are caught working. Thai restaurant? 

Good news is that deportees are flown out free. 

I hope that it's sorted for them but not disappointed that UK is tightening up. 

Wifes gets indefinite leave to remain for any EU citizen. Tho u need to apply for it. 

18 minutes ago, paulswebb said:

I think that English immigration is getting more like Thai immigration every day. Difference is Thai officialdom does not like foreigners whereas English immigration does not like the English. 

If your read well The English immigration does not like Thai too, same we go on the world war immigration

Edited by ICELANDMAN
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:
16 minutes ago, paulswebb said:

I think that English immigration is getting more like Thai immigration every day. Difference is Thai officialdom does not like foreigners whereas English immigration does not like the English. 

If your read well The English immigration does not like Thai too

i think he was eluding to the english "diversity" immigration

5 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i think he was eluding to the english "diversity" immigration

Sorry I need more time for think...

If your read well The English immigration does not like Thai too, same we go on the world war immigration

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Whilst I sympathise with them the article is incomplete. 

Was it an "informal marriage". I believe wives are given passports. Last May? Surely not 2 months ago. She must be on overstay. How was she picked up? Mostly its because they are caught working. Thai restaurant? 

Good news is that deportees are flown out free. 

I hope that it's sorted for them but not disappointed that UK is tightening up. 

Please don't comment without reading the main article first.

15 minutes ago, Stanaris said:

In my opinion they knew that he needed Dialysis and that is the reason for the visit this time because it is free here.  Stage 5 CKD does not suddenly appear, I have stage 4 and have known for 3 years and have regular check ups.

What I think they should have done is apply for Discretionary Leave to Remain which is often granted in similar circumstances.

You are right. They could have also had an appointment in the UK and explained their circumstances to an Immigration lawyer.

Once furnishing the lawyer with the correct documentation, the lady would have been given leave to stay and it would have been kicked around the system for two or three years, whilst they sorted their affairs out. It isn't even overly time consuming to do this.

• Like 2

Does anyone know why they are being threatened with deportation? I didn’t read the whole back story on this. But the article says they’re threatening to deport his wife as well who’s a “Thailand native” according to the article so that tells me that as usual this isn’t the whole story because they can’t deport his wife as well if she’s a Thai citizen so obviously she must be a British passport holder she must have obtained her British citizenship just like most of my wife’s Thai friends back in the states. That’s if I read it right at least and if they really are threatening to deport the wife as well then I’m sure she’s no longer a Thai citizen. Doesn’t make sense so this is obviously not the whole story on yet another weird one.

I do hope everything works out for them though I really do because bad things can happen to good people sometimes unfortunately.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, elwood said:

Did you read the article?

Married in 2015,  travelled often between UK and Thailand.

Applied  for long term immigrant visa when he became seriously ill; she wasn't caught for working.

Application refused and deportation ordered.

The FO shows its stupidity by claiming that he could receive treatment in Thailand, without mentioning he would have to pay for it privately.

The UK FO tries to send one of its seriously ill citizens to receive treatment in Thailand? Wow....

• Like 1

If America can let over 12 million illegal stay in Amsrica then the UK who also has many illegals in its country, surely they can let one honest lady stay and take care of her husband if not then Thailand should kick all the people from the UK out of Thailand

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1