Biden and Harris to square off in Round 2 of Democratic presidential debate

webfact

22 minutes ago, amexpat said:

How to pay for the trillion dollar tax cut - 80% for the wealthiest and corporations; and one third of them outside the USA?? 

The GOP will want to pay for it by cutting social security and telling the carpenters, waitresses, truck drivers, et. al. that they must work a few more years so the investment bankers, trust fund kids, et. al. can have another vacation home.

Exactly, and it's already been leaked that "trump" plans to try to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security if he wins his second term. Not to mention finally kill Obamacare and preexisting conditions protections. He won't need to worry about reelection then. He's a plutocrat posing as a populist. How anyone believed any of his promises in the first place boggles the mind. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thanks 1

Exactly, and it's already been leaked that "trump" plans to try to cut Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security if he wins his second term. Not to mention finally kill Obamacare and preexisting conditions protections. He won't need to worry about reelection then. He's a plutocrat in populist's programs. How anyone believed any of his promises in the first place boggles the mind. 

Leaked by who, the NYT?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, mogandave said:

It’s free for tax recipients, yes?

If the system is providing great, low-cost medical care, why the push for privatization?

What is a tax recipient? The Government receives taxes.

5 hours ago, mogandave said:

A tax-recipient is a person that doesn’t pay income taxes, but receives benefits paid for by the taxes others (mostly the greedy rich) pay.

OK. Not sure most taxpayers are greedy or rich. Dental care and drugs are all payable, though drugs are subsidised.

Edited by champers

10 hours ago, meand said:

"For Assad". You have got to be kidding. 

There is no nice way to say, people like you are what is wrong with America. We can't get good leaders elected because of people like you, who just fall hook line and sinker for the establishment's talking points.

You seem nice

• Haha 1

OK. Not sure most taxpayers are greedy or rich. Dental care and drugs are all payable, though drugs are subsidised.

In a few years, all medical, including dental care, drugs, hearing aids and eye glasses will all be 100% free for everyone in the country.
  • Like 1

That's a nice thought. We should want everyone to be as healthy as possible without the fear of becoming destitute. It's not free of course, but it could be a whole lot less expensive and there are ways to pay for it, thank goodness, given the size of our economy.

It will be free for me

Presumably you will have earned that privilege, so congratulations. Or you plan on becoming an inmate again, in which case your incarceration will be prolonged by your good health.

Hopefully, all my jail time is behind me, but you never know.

Inmates already get full medical, dental, eye-glasses and hearing aids, not sure about gender reassignment, might have to join the military to get that free. Once the fed legalizes grass, Medicare will have to pay for that as well, how great is that?

There's plenty of money. It's a matter of setting priorities.  Should we be sending a plane load of money to Iran one year and then going to the brink of war with them the next? Or should we maybe be spending a small portion of the income of the richest country on Earth for the benefit of it's citizens? 

Who sent a plane load of money to Iran?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Who sent a plane load of money to Iran?

The headline is hyperbolic, but I believe it's true we paid them at least 1.7 Billion US dollars to sign an agreement. That was in addition to tens of billions of their assets we released. 

• Thanks 1

The headline is hyperbolic, but I believe it's true we paid them at least 1.7 Billion US dollars to sign an agreement. That was in addition to tens of billions of their assets we released. 

And then we withdrew from the agreement!

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

And then we withdrew from the agreement!

Right. Those policies are in conflict and there exists an uncodified rule in the US, that succeeding administrations will honor the promises of preceeding administrations so long as the counterparty is keeping up their end. I think Trump was seduced by Israeli flattery and Saudi billions instead.

Right. Those policies are in conflict and there exists an uncodified rule in the US, that succeeding administrations will honor the promises of preceeding administrations so long as the counterparty is keeping up their end. I think Trump was seduced by Israeli flattery and Saudi billions instead.

I’m guessing it pressure from Exxon, Boeing and the like.

On 8/1/2019 at 3:29 PM, Jingthing said:

Happy to see that CORY BOOKER is back in the contest!

He's very talented and given the type of race baiting campaign that "trump" has already signaled is his plan, the hard fighting former mayor of NEWARK would be a great fit.

The truth is the democrats have an embarrassment of riches on who to put up that have a great chance of beating the current occupant of the white house.

On that stars list I would include --

Harris

Mayor Pete

Warren

Booker

Castro

I don't include Biden. Too much baggage and he does not inspire. Also Bernie. Between Sanders and Warren, one needs to fade and it's going to be Bernie.

My going in favorite Klobuchar who clearly is out of this by now might be a VP possibility depending on who's on the top of the ticket. 

With the exception of Warren - good for US that none of these individuals has a prayer of becoming president.

Cory Booker too lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

With the exception of Warren - good for US that none of these individuals has a prayer of becoming president.

Cory Booker too lol

With the exception of Warren what?

Your statement was not coherent.

As far as chances to be president, Warren is definitely a top tier candidate and has a very decent chance of being nominated.

If nominated she'll be running against "trump" who seems stuck with his racist Pocahontas schtick. Works for his base but his base is too small. 

So any democrat that is nominated has a definitely decent chance of being president. Nothing to get cocky about though. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, vinniekintana said:

None of the Dem front-runners poses a real threat to Trump.

...just an observation.

I think that is true actually. Yang is the only one who could beat him but he's only on 2.3%. But... we don't really know and it will be quite exciting.