UK holiday-makers feel early hit from pound's new Brexit fall

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

For some in Britain, the fact that the pound has traditionally bought more than one unit of other currencies around the world, with the exception of some oil states, has been a source of pride.

Really? One must have a very unsatisfactory existence to feel proud of such a trivial occurrence. If one needs currency strength to feel a sense of pride I can’t imagine how little they have achieved. Another trait of patriotism, empty beings.

You just wait till we get a new Royal Yacht that'll show you.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

if we,d got out 3 years ago we,d have been on the road  to recovery now,what with the changes to the retirement visa rules can see a lot of expats having to return home.

10 hours ago, kingdong said:

once britain gets out the eu,it,ll soon be back up there.

Dreaming again.

28 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

For some in Britain, the fact that the pound has traditionally bought more than one unit of other currencies around the world, with the exception of some oil states, has been a source of pride.

Really? One must have a very unsatisfactory existence to feel proud of such a trivial occurrence. If one needs currency strength to feel a sense of pride I can’t imagine how little they have achieved. Another trait of patriotism, empty beings.

Also some of the idiots in my country think it's great that we have got a completely different shade of blue passport back and see that as somesort of Vitory even know we could have kept the old colour 

A weak pound is good for your economy, Just think of all those Tourists flocking to England on the holiday of their life. England will become the new Thailand... very exciting!
Well I hope they bring there own food because paddy powers are giving 12/1 on rationing food by the end of the year.

https://www.paddypower.com/politics/uk-brexit

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2019 at 6:21 PM, Handsome Gardener said:

haha yep the top 1% degree educated brains behind the JP Morgan, Citibank or ALL other world financial institutions of this complex world have no more idea than Thaivisa forum members !! 

You heard it here first folks!

They are earning money from a self inflicted calamity - and good luck to them. Opportunities like that are once in a blue moon. The FTSE100 is a licence to print money with the pound plunging, but then I'm sure TV members knew that already !

you obviously admire these shiny arsed spivs.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:45 AM, SheungWan said:

There was an opportunity to leave earlier and that was the deal negotiated by Theresa May. Effect on the Pound would have been mollified. The current accelerated decline is expressly in response to that of no_Deal pushed by the Hard Brexit team. To suggest that pushing Hard Brexit earlier would have been better for Sterling, well, you're 'aving a laugh mate. Like the italics though: very convincing.

only one slight problem with mays scheme,sorry deal,is we,d have never left,her hidden agenda all along.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2019 at 1:35 AM, juice777 said:

Yeah maybe you can fly to Thailand on a back of a flying unicorn

i,d rather fly on the back of a giant albatross that flew through a crack in the sky.=hole in my shoe by traffic.

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Excepting the conspiracy nonsense,a one is perfectly entitled to argue the no-Deal case. What Hard Brexiteers are not entitled to do is argue that the referendum specified no-Deal and that failure to agree with them is to blame for the decline in Sterling. The movement in Sterling as very simple to explain. No-deal sends Sterling down and anything else sends it up. Hard Brexiteer alternative spins are just an embarrassment.

Now they argue economic pain is a price worth paying for 'freedom.'

Makes me think of that line from Me & Bobby McGee 'Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose'.

Come on Margaret, your country needs you -see below.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/05/government-national-unity-no-deal-margaret-beckett-referendum

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

I can't believe how insane the no deal Brexiteers are. Why are they so willing to seriously damage the UK economy? 

What is insane about the belief expressed in my previous post?

But it will get better and might already have started if we'd left on time.

I'm under no illusion as to the current situation but remain confident that the gloom and doom will be nowhere near as bad as many on these boards are hoping for.

• Like 2

I can't believe how insane the no deal Brexiteers are. Why are they so willing to seriously damage the UK economy? 

They have to still Pretend that they are right because if they don't then they will have to Amit that they are going to be responsible for the Destructuon of there own country.I wonder how they will be able to look there Children or Grandchidren in the eyes in a few years Time.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.” Mark Twain

I'm under no illusion as to the current situation but remain confident that the gloom and doom will be nowhere near as bad as many on these boards are hoping for.

Hoping for that's just Madness

As is gobbling off on here simply because someone inserts a little optimism into these gloom filled threads.
If all you Turkeys will wake up and smell the Coffee and Amit to your self the Truth then the Politicians won't be afraid of a second Vote as that's all they care about is clinging on to power then we still have time to abort this oblivious madness. So I will keep posting thanks

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Victornoir said:

We are neighbors and our destinies are linked. If the pound suffers, for example, the Euro recedes. Our countries are also partners to the sovereign domains like the army, the police and the justice.

You've forgotten all the wars then?

I view France, Spain, German as the traditional enemies of the British, not neighbours, partners or friends.

Nothing has changed apart from the propaganda.

We should be starting conscription and building up our armed forces for the next inevitable war with Europe.

Edited by BritManToo