Two BMA workers injured in explosion in Suan Luang district

webfact

A busy Bangkok skywalk was closed Thursday evening near BTS Siam after a suspicious object suspected of being a bomb was found in front of the national police headquarters.

After initially saying at 6:40pm that a bomb was found outside the headquarters of the Royal Thai Police on Rama I Road, Bangkok’s EOD team have said it turned out not to be a bomb.

Krissana Pattanacharoen, deputy police spokesman, said after the the suspicious package was destroyed, police found bearings and circuitry inside.

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/bombs-closes-bts-siam-during-rush-hour/

Here's footage from that incident. Caught on cctv planting the bomb.

Watch the guy in the yellow top with a carrier bag.

Home-made bombs? Is there any other type, not aware they were available commercially.

and Khun Prayut instructing the police to look after the public? I would think “supporting” would be more appropriate, as they already know what they should be doing.

Police tighten security at Government House

By The Nation

800_ceedb9562c9987b.jpg?v=1564726001

Police have tightened security inside and around the compound of the Government House following a series of bomb blasts in the capital Friday morning.

Pol Col Watcharawee Thammasena, chief of the subdivision 4 of the Special Branch Police Division 3, said he has stepped up security around the Government House.

He said the police manning each gate of the Government House had been instructed to closely monitor passers-by to prevent any attempt to create a disturbance.

Watcharawaee said police cars will also patrol the roads around the Government House around the clock. 

The Special Branch police is cooperating with Dusit police station to monitor the roads around the Government House more frequently.

He said the security would be heightened until the situation eases.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374113

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-02

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This is the opportunity you've been waiting for Apirat Kongsompong. An excuse to roll out the tanks and the troop carriers to restore law and order.

Move over Prayut, I'm in charge now; daddy taught me how to handle these situations. 

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

Never gonna happen. Prayut is the top dog. Army well under the thumb

• Confused 2

If any party were deadly serious about causing mayhem car or trunk bombs would certainly have that effect. As these were minor explosions perhaps it was insiders who arranged it for their own political ends. Perhaps a warning to the PM not to ignore those that provided support for his election as PM ?

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2

Officials previously announced they are increasing surveillance in the following areas: the Ratchaprasong Intersection, Siam Square, Victory Monument, Democracy Monument, the Hua Lamphong Railway Station as well as all bus, the Airport link, MRT and BTS stations.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-och earlier released a social media statement condemning those behind this morning’s explosions, which he said “destroy peace and damage the country’s image.”

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/update-6-bombs-strike-bangkok-at-least-3-wounded/

The Sala Daeng BTS Station has been closed down. Recent video.

Edited by Wilsonandson

3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This is the opportunity you've been waiting for Apirat Kongsompong. An excuse to roll out the tanks and the troop carriers to restore law and order.

Move over Prayut, I'm in charge now; daddy taught me how to handle these situations. 

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

This is very interesting and important news. Most certainly the government like to share your thoughts. Please report at any police station close to you. Don´t forget TM30.

51 minutes ago, JRG23 said:
3 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Apirat-Kongsompong.jpg

Never gonna happen. Prayut is the top dog. Army well under the thumb

So far...

Every top dog is only there for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poohy said:

government arranging it themselves

Seriously doubt this, as no way he would want to be embarrassed like this in front of the current batch of world leaders attending the ASEAN conference.

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I think that's unlikely but they are seeking justification for an increase in military spending.

This would be more likely, but the timing suggests more that opposition wants to create the embarrassment mentioned above.

• Like 2

Link found between Pratunam fires and Bangkok bombings

By The Nation

800_60b67854f3a389b.jpg?v=1564732264

Evidence left at the scene of three fires in the Pratunam area suggests the fires were intentional arson and were linked to Friday (August 2) morning bomb incidents, a police source said.

The small fires broke out at three spots in the Pratunam area early in the morning, before a series of small bombs targeted the Government complex in Chaeng Wattana, a BTS station and a soi off Rama IX road later in the morning.

The fires were each put out in about a half-hour.

The source said police checking the fire scenes found elements for making homemade bombs at the three sites, leading to the conclusion that they were acts of arson linked to the bomb attacks.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374114

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-02

Just now, lensta said:

Why is it that the pm has to instruct the police to do their job? Are the police totally useless or is prayut doing some political grandstanding or both?

Sounds like the behaviour typical of every politician everywhere on Earth -be seen to be doing something