Drunk driver injures 5 in Sattahip

Rimmer

Drunk driver injures 5 in Sattahip

02-08-19-p3-Crash.jpg

SATTAHIP:--Five people were injured when a drunk driver cut off a passenger van, causing a three-vehicle pileup in Sattahip.

Sanya Satitsatien, 62, was arrested for driving while under the influence following the July 30 crash on Sukhumvit Road at a PTT gas station near Singsamut School.

Minivan driver Sittichok Sansuk, 25, and passengers Thanatcha Kongsomjai, 30, and Nitchanan Rattanalert, 31, sustained minor injuries when their Hyundai H1 van plowed into the station. Clerks Mek Jiranet, 19, and Anantayod Seangsanor, 17, suffered serious injuries.

All 5 were transported to Queen Sirikit Naval Medical Center.

Police said Sanya, who had a blood-alcohol level of 0.15 percent, was making a U-turn in his Toyota Altis and cut off the van. Sittichok swerved, hit a parked Isuzu Thairung and careened into the gas station.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-08-03—

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

There would still be people making U-turns through a gap in the central reservation. Thais seem disinclined to go even a short distance out of their way.

Lazy b....... basically, the times i've had near misses is always at these U turns official or not, i've had the anti skid system working overtime, dangerous t.... 

23 hours ago, jacko45k said:

My Mrs gives me a hard time for driving past 'useful gaps' and U-turning at the end of Hwy 36. I also avoid Suk on my bike and many other risk reduction actions. They are all out to get me!

I thank the power above,(if there were one) that my Mrs lived in the UK for so long and drives like we do ,she hates U turns .

42 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If they cut the military forces by 80% and the associated budget by 75% they could build anything they wanted utilising the redundant soldiers as workers. 

It's not a case of not having the money it's more down to misappropriation of said funds !

Sounds like this would work for some other countries also.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, jacko45k said:

There would still be people making U-turns through a gap in the central reservation. Thais seem disinclined to go even a short distance out of their way.

Until and unless Thais put a higher value on their lives, they will just put down all traffic misfortunes on the most convenient excuse ...their karma.