Visa Agency Disappeared!

4 minutes ago, jabis said:

Name & shame seems to work better - like with any scammers. Irrelevant whether OP makes a civil case or not, but without this kind of information many more will get scammed out of their hard earned cash.

Depends what he was using the agent for.

• Like 2

2 Red Flags about this alleged Agency:

1.  Emailed them several times before I arrived at CNX.  No Response.

2. They used to have an office on Huay Kaew Road for several months.  I walked by a few months ago and noticed the office had been shut down.  

An online search of this agency returned many negative reviews.  As far I am aware this agency only assisted clients who were completely qualified for the type of Visas they were applying.  I am not aware they provide the “Magic 800K Baht Retirement Ext of Stay” service.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jabis said:

Nope - it doesn't. It's a simple case of fraud.

Was the agency trying to commit fraud on your behalf is what he is getting at.. 

But yes been leary of CMB for ages.. Said as much as I felt comfortable saying on a few CM groups already.. The writing was on the wall. 

• Like 1

I been trying to contact them previously too but never got answers (few months ago and before that too).
If you want a visa service for retirement, the easiest would be with The Colonel across immigration. 

Edited by tabarin

9 hours ago, tabarin said:

I been trying to contact them previously too but never got answers (few months ago and before that too).
If you want a visa service for retirement, the easiest would be with The Colonel across immigration. 

Friend in Phuket had the agent disappear with a bunch of people's passports including his. So this guy was lucky.

CMB was pretty much gone for months.  There was no real staff and they worked out of a work share office. There was just one and sometime 2 guys which were hard to contact.  There is a new agency in CM which has only been open for a couple of weeks but they have their own office and staff.

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

CMB was pretty much gone for months.  There was no real staff and they worked out of a work share office. There was just one and sometime 2 guys which were hard to contact.  There is a new agency in CM which has only been open for a couple of weeks but they have their own office and staff.

Do you have either the name or location of this "new agency in CM" available?

12 hours ago, jabis said:

I was contending sunnyboys comment "Depends what he was using the agent for." In my view frauding people out of their money doesn't depend on what they were expecting of the agency, just if the money and people disappear they've committed a fraud, as simple as that ????

Edit: I'd go after them with both criminal and civil cases

There were similar cases in the past here with Travel Agents, taking the cash and either an employee did a runner with it, or the shop vanished and there was a crowd going nowhere at the airport. Yes the OP is a clear case of fraud, but there are long established agents here. I don't believe they are cheap at all, but they are not into fraud. 

if you are talking about CM BUDDY, they lied to me about something years ago, and i never trusted or used them since.

said they had a special deal with some hotels for cheap rooms.

cmb wanted to charge me about 500 baht for a airport transfer to the hotel also

i contacted the hotel directly, they had never heard of CMB and they also provided free airport transfer.

I cannot stand sheisters like CMB.

• Like 2

OP should go the police and complain, he should say the money paid was for "visa assistance", (even if amount paid was large), there is no way to prove otherwise.

Take along all receipts and website addresses, mobile and other phone numbers, visiting cards, etc.

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The agents not named in the Op have been running for over 8 years.

You don't get much more established than that in Thailand.

The main couple (Western owned)  have been around for 26 and about 17 years. 

Edited by jacko45k