Johnson's top aide says lawmakers can't stop no-deal Brexit - Sunday Telegraph

rooster59

Off topic post removed.

The Nationality of a member is NOT the topic of discussion please stop this line of commentary/remark as the post will just be removed.

Persistent repetition in this regard will lead to a posting suspension.

• Like 1

Dominic Cummings, one of architects of the 2016 campaign to leave the European Union, told ministers that Johnson could schedule a general election after the Oct. 31 Brexit deadline if he loses a vote of no confidence in parliament, the newspaper said, citing sources

Dreaming Johnson still will be in his MP-job on Oct. 31 !  :cheesy:

Before I thought the stupidity virus had stricken only the US-Withe House. Now I'm sure it infested Downing Street Nr. 10, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

Make it the 51st State?

Of course the UK doesn't have "states." that are generally associated with republics.

But it can impose direct UK government control of Northern Ireland which otherwise has been operating without a working government for two years. That will nullify the Good Friday Agreement and assure a hard border with The Republic of Ireland.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It seems we disagree again.

My view is we are witnessing the very split within the Tory party that Cameron hoped to avoid when he offered the referendum, and that the failings of Brexit are hardwired into the idea that the UK split from the EU without significant and intractable problems. 

I've already expressed my view that Theresa May's biggest mistake was not forming a cross party coalition to deal with Brexit and that the result is a crock of Brexit that is being dictated by the hard right of the Tory Party. 

I have not changed my view that the people who voted for this hold responsibility too, it was a crock from the start and there never was a plan. 

Your continued attempts to blame the very people who warned against the problems of Brexit are noted. 

I cannot see how forming cross party talks would have achieved anything, talking with a party that doesn't want Brexit and its sole intention is to thwart Brexit is hardly a recipe for entente cordiale I would have thought.

Labour was more to blame than the "hard right of the Tory Party" the hard right of the Tory Party, your words, wanted to fulfill the wishes of the electorate, which in most peoples eyse would make them democrats, whilst also the Lib/Democrats wanted to be undemocratic.

Brexit is not a "crock," remainers turned it into a crock by not honouring the result of the referendum, if you are not going to honour the question, don't ask it in the first place.

Parliament is to serve the people, without the people there is no parliament, the will of the people count and their voices will be heard.

• Like 1

Dominic Cummings, one of architects of the 2016 campaign to leave the European Union, told ministers that Johnson could schedule a general election after the Oct. 31 Brexit deadline if he loses a vote of no confidence in parliament, the newspaper said, citing sources

I noticed that the thread was about this devious character Mr Cummings. He really does look pretty dodgy. I haven't seen the film, but I certainly wouldn't by a second hand car from him, where was he when they were auditioning for "Minder". 

Somehow he reminds me of the Mighty Mekon, a lick of green paint, and a nice little saucer to float around on and the image is complete. Maybe the HoC is not so much a case of the lunatics taking over the asylum, more a case of the Treens taking over the Tory party!

(That's Treens not Greens BTW!).

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, usviphotography said:

To say she was weak and inept implies the outcome she produced was not what she and her backers wanted all along. Lying, sure, and the way she went about delaying Brexit certainly made her appear weak and inept to the public, but there is little doubt she achieved exactly what it was she set out to do. She was always a Remainer and she quite effectively thwarted any progress on carrying out the results of the referendum for the entirety of her term. It was essentially three lost years where nothing whatsoever happened, which from a Remainer perspective was the best realistic outcome you could hope for. 

I'm not sure she had much to do with it, but I get you point, You don't hear much about Robins these days, my guess would be he is off to Belgium 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, damascase said:

‘.........it seems that most of it must was probably drafted on the continent and then presented to her, not for approval but for acceptance.’

Well, I’m pretty sure it was drafted on the continent, because the UK representatives arrived in Brussels completely unprepared, empty-handed and without a plan or even a clue of which direction to take. The EU, on the other hand, had used the many months between the referendum and the start of the negotiations to prepare their position, including drafting texts. Somebody has to do it! 

You don't have to tell us this, we all know that the EU can do wonders and pass cucumbers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, damascase said:

‘.........it seems that most of it must was probably drafted on the continent and then presented to her, not for approval but for acceptance.’

Well, I’m pretty sure it was drafted on the continent, because the UK representatives arrived in Brussels completely unprepared, empty-handed and without a plan or even a clue of which direction to take. The EU, on the other hand, had used the many months between the referendum and the start of the negotiations to prepare their position, including drafting texts. Somebody has to do it! 

And they did it - their way!

Edited by nauseus
took the VDO off nasty ending