EU must change its negotiating terms for Brexit, says Britain's Barclay

webfact

Yes we were misled by Ted Heath and his merry band of liars in 1973 and I have no recollection of any pamphlet being delivered in 1975 at all and voted for it then.

I don’t remember a pamphlet like Cameron’s Remain propaganda, but there was the “Fanfare for Europe”. My school bag even had “I’m a fanfare fan” stickers plastered on it.
Although I wasn’t old enough to vote, I didn’t think it was a good idea then, but hey - free stickers!
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Loiner said:

And I’ll repeat again. The current three year delay and failure to Leave is the fault of Theresa May, Remainers and EU.
It was Remainer Dave who did not have a plan, so Theresa had to formulate the Remain plot up to the time she eventually invoked Article 50, then delayed the Leave date twice.
Remainer fault, not Leavers.

Some will  agree with this, others won't.

But whatever,

it is always interesting to read the different interpretation of

evenements. 

58 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Your anti British posts are astounding and always trying to belittle the UK and especially England. What happened did a Brit steal your wife.

Regardless, you spend so much time telling us all on here how we have made a mistake, how the UK doesn't know what it has done, how stupid we and the politicians are.

I and I know many others, don't care what some bigoted, hate filled Dutchman thinks, because his country is ruled and dominated by the EU or Germany in disguise. Your ranting is embarrassing.

what about this then , it looks only Brexiteers Brits have that privilege …,to be sharp ,...or just answering someone on same level does not mean hating someone for himself, I example can separate Brexit comments from other topics and answer them in a non Brexit way ! It looks like as long your side can do it the other side may not ….. childish behavior.... sorry to say 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

It's a UK problem, they broke their contract with the EU, therefore the EU just has to wait

until the UK makes up its mind about getting out or staying in. The EU won't make any

concession with a bunch of untrusted fanatics.

If you own a gun you can rob a bank, but if you own a bank you can rob everyone.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, neverceasetobeamazed said:

As much as that, so won't have to forgo my Gin and tonic each night.  .   Lets get it done and over with.   I'm ready for 25 baht to the pound.  A sacrifice worth making.   Go Bojo go

Just keep it to Gilbey's while in Thailand as it's the most affordable. 

44 minutes ago, superal said:

the original EEC was set up as a trading zone within the European countries to facilitate the ease of trading and that was how it was sold to the UK public by E. Heath . 

That is not true. The future path of the EC was laid out and documented by members at a meeting in Dec 1969. The UK government, parliament and probably a large number of civil servants would have been fully aware of what had been decided and the path that was to be taken.

It is a brexiteer myth to say that nobody knew where the EC was heading before the UK joined far less by 1975. Having had to endure a state of emergency several times in the space of a few years the population was more than happy for some sort of change, and they confirmed that support in 1975.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, superal said:

housing shortages

Yeah you can't build anywhere there because it's damn near impossible to get a planning permission from your lovely government, that's the reason.

Most land is not buildable on in the UK, the councils have to decide on releasing more - State/Queen own most land in the UK, a bit like Thailand...

There's also a lack of talent in construction, since the last financial crisis wiped out most small home builders in the UK. Throwing immigrants out will for sure solve this crisis.

31 minutes ago, superal said:

It has to be said that immigration was at the forefront of the UK referendum 2016 along with the over burdened NHS

Is contradicting, as EU immigrants are a net plus for the UK NHS - but how would Brits know, right?

NHS budget is coupled to the GDP of the UK, so well, we'll see how that works out in future.

... the rest of your text is equally easy to debunk.

53 minutes ago, superal said:

When the UK leave there will be an annual deficit to the EU of 10 billion pounds , that being the final sum at the balance of the books .

It does not take an Einstein to work out how the EU will suffer when trying to subsidise  this loss

Prolly from financial licenses all the UK banks will have to get in Europe now as they else lose access to the market.

This is called passporting rights, the bank of england explains it to you: https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/prudential-regulation/authorisations/passporting

Also no one claims the EU will be better off without the Brits, it's a lose-lose situation, the biggest loser will be the UK tho. It must be really hard for some people to understand.

50 minutes ago, superal said:

The main player being Germany has just avoided going into recession and coupled with a right wing political rise their future is not rosy

What on earth are you on about?  The green party is rising, it's an eco and leftwing party, it overtook the conservative CDU/CSU by now: https://www.thelocal.de/20190527/surfing-the-zeitgeist-how-the-greens-won-over-germany

You also just avoided a recession, like many countries world wide atm due to ongoing trade wars and brexit bs: https://www.ft.com/content/a6718c64-ac78-11e9-8030-530adfa879c2 

.... tell us some more fantasies, keep us entertained.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The title of this thread says it all about the majority of Brexiteers: "EU must change its negotiating terms for Brexit, says Britain's ."

That has been the Brexiteer mantra since the referendum; "The EU must do this, the EU must do that, the EU must do what we tell them to!"

Cummings' leave campaign propaganda via his politician puppets told us that we could leave the EU and ditch the responsibilities of membership but still retain all the benefits. Unfortunately enough people were gullible enough to fall for that lie to tip the result narrowly in his favour.

The EU doesn't have to do anything, doesn't have to give us anything. The UK has decided to leave, all the EU legally must do is let us. Anything else is negotiable. 

The reality is that whilst a no deal Brexit will be bad for both us and the EU, it will be far worse for us. The EU know this, Boris knows this, even Rees-Mogg knows this.

The EU have no reason to substantially change the deal they have already agreed to. 

Remember, it is not the EU who prevented us from leaving on 29th March; it was Rees-Mogg and his ERG. Now that they have achieved their aim of getting their chosen candidate into number 10 they will support any deal he brings to Parliament. Even though that deal will inevitably be indistinguishable from May's deal in all essentials.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 7by7 said:

The title of this thread says it all about the majority of Brexiteers: "EU must change its negotiating terms for Brexit, says Britain's ."

That has been the Brexiteer mantra since the referendum; "The EU must do this, the EU must do that, the EU must do what we tell them to!"

Cummings' leave campaign propaganda via his politician puppets told us that we could leave the EU and ditch the responsibilities of membership but still retain all the benefits. Unfortunately enough people were gullible enough to fall for that lie to tip the result narrowly in his favour.

The EU doesn't have to do anything, doesn't have to give us anything. The UK has decided to leave, all the EU legally must do is let us. Anything else is negotiable. 

The reality is that whilst a no deal Brexit will be bad for both us and the EU, it will be far worse for us. The EU know this, Boris knows this, even Rees-Mogg knows this.

The EU have no reason to substantially change the deal they have already agreed to. 

Remember, it is not the EU who prevented us from leaving on 29th March; it was Rees-Mogg and his ERG. Now that they have achieved their aim of getting their chosen candidate into number 10 they will support any deal he brings to Parliament. Even though that deal will inevitably be indistinguishable from May's deal in all essentials.

finally a brexiter with the courage to call it as it is.....thanks and the update as of today is the EU will not open negotiations with BJ because of his approach to the Irish back stop and as they said, nothing new to negotiate, get ready for the bumpy road

Just now, Mavideol said:

finally a brexiter with the courage to call it as it is.....thanks and the update as of today is the EU will not open negotiations with BJ because of his approach to the Irish back stop and as they said, nothing new to negotiate, get ready for the bumpy road

I wish a Brexiteer would have the courage to call it as it is; but I am and always have been a Remainer.

Whilst I have always said that the EU is not perfect, I have also always said we are better off in rather than out.

Just now, 7by7 said:

I wish a Brexiteer would have the courage to call it as it is; but I am and always have been a Remainer.

Whilst I have always said that the EU is not perfect, I have also always said we are better off in rather than out.

sorry for the involuntary insult, kindly accept my apologies 555...  and yes somebody once said, if we can't beat them better join them, am with you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Equally, we don't have to give the EU anything, we just leave. No hard border, no 39 Billion, no more ECJ jurisdiction, no more access to UK fishing waters, no more 8.9 Billion pounds a year net contribution to support the EU's failing economic model.

All that is ultimately left on 1st November is a 64 Billion pound trade surplus that the EU has with the UK. I'd be looking for a trade deal to protect that if I was in the EU. The only question is how much of their nose are they prepared to cut off to spite their face. 

please, please do and when the NI start the bombings don't come back crying the blues