Excitement revs up for second Thai Grand Prix

snoop1130

Excitement revs up for second Thai Grand Prix

By The Nation

800_50e34a66ed119f0.jpeg

Thailand is gearing up for the PTT Thailand Grand Prix 2019 Moto GP to be held from October 4-6 at the Chang International Circuit in Buri Ram.

Sports Authority of Thailand governor Kongsak Yodmanee chaired a meeting on Monday at which everyone involved in the preparations compared notes on the event, which is expected to draw visitors from around the world.

Kongsak said organisers had prepared a large number of concurrent activities for Thai and overseas motorsports fans.

“We were highly successful the first year, both in terms of the organising and in promoting tourism,” he said. “Last year’s event was the ‘talk of the world’ and the finale was when the Thai Moto GP event was voted the Best Grand Prix of the Year.”

Chang Circuit managing director Tanaisiri Chanwittayarom said this year’s event promises more entertainment, with music concerts, muay thai bouts and motorsports retail shops in abundance. Among the sponsors setting up booths are PTT, Chang, Honda, Yamaha and the Siam Commercial Bank.

“Motorsports fans who have not purchased tickets should hurry, because right now all the tickets for the grandstand have been sold and there’s not much left for the side stands and cheering zones for drivers such as Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/sport/30374268

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-05

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

PTT Thailand Grand Prix 2019 Moto GP to be held from October 4-6 at the Chang International Circuit in Buri Ram.

Isn't that the race track owned by the current Transport Minister Chidchob? And the Sports Authority is doing the PR for him?

It's nice to be able to draw on a country's authorities to make money for you...

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

because right now all the tickets for the grandstand have been sold

The grandstand tickets were sold out three hours after tickets went on sale. I'd love to know who bought them all.

1 hour ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Not sure about that. Plenty of hotels and guest houses in the town and close by. Most will probably have sold out. 

Hotels were already sold out the day after the last grand prix.

3 hours ago, Chris Renaix said:

It's his brother.  And honestly, there's no need to do any PR because it will sell out anyway.  The organisation is fantastic, I say it how it is.  Ticket prices are quite steep, but it's well worth the experience.

Yeah, and don't forget aftermath..... All those wannabe Rossi on the roads. Can't wait to see remaining rests of so called bikers scrapped from the roads. It's a shame to have those events in undeveloped countries. Bull and cart racing would be more appropriate. 

So, and now I'll get another Chang. 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah, and don't forget aftermath..... All those wannabe Rossi on the roads. Can't wait to see remaining rests of so called bikers scrapped from the roads. It's a shame to have those events in undeveloped countries. Bull and cart racing would be more appropriate. 

So, and now I'll get another Chang.????????????

Got my ticket for the side stand from 7-11 a couple of months ago. Checked the ticket (docket) last week and the ink had faded to almost nothing.

Glad I still have the ticket number on my phone.

I just hope that will get me a pass at the office trackside as 7-11 told me they could not replace the docket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chris Renaix said:

It's his brother.  And honestly, there's no need to do any PR because it will sell out anyway.  The organisation is fantastic, I say it how it is.  Ticket prices are quite steep, but it's well worth the experience.

The organisation is fantastic......

Yes, if only they would organise it realistically......

21 hours ago, sherwood said:

Got my ticket for the side stand from 7-11 a couple of months ago. Checked the ticket (docket) last week and the ink had faded to almost nothing.

Glad I still have the ticket number on my phone.

I just hope that will get me a pass at the office trackside as 7-11 told me they could not replace the docket.

Don't worry.

Same happened last year with my ticket receipt. The print was almost gone off the receipt.

There are stalls set up at the circuit entrances, before any parking zone, where you exchange your 7-11 receipt for the actual race track entry passes.

The guys at the stall had the record of the purchase (I did have a photo of the receipt before it faded, but they didn't need it). Record of purchase linked to ID Card number (brother in laws Thai ID) and (I think) phone number.

Edited by soihok
Smelling pistake

42 minutes ago, soihok said:

The ride there and back was one of the highlights.

Awesome experience, 1000's of bikers (me included).

Didn't see 1 accident (rode from/to Korat).

Didn't see 1 accident (rode from/to Korat).

Probably you've been the leader of the pack leaving the carnage behind you. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/6/2019 at 1:29 PM, sawadee1947 said:

Yeah, and don't forget aftermath..... All those wannabe Rossi on the roads. Can't wait to see remaining rests of so called bikers scrapped from the roads. It's a shame to have those events in undeveloped countries. Bull and cart racing would be more appropriate. 

So, and now I'll get another Chang. 

Was my first thought last year too.  But no!  Incredible how they led those amount of people away without any problems.  Didn't even see 1 accident... unbelievable but true.  Lot of free transportation to the city, station etc.  Very well and safe organized.  Was even voted the best MotoGP of the year, by Dorna itself.

• Like 1

I agree with soihok, the ride up and back was one of the highlights of going to the race for me. I went to the SBK races before and I went to the MotoGP inaugural race last year. I have a hotel in Buriram but I made my deposit for this year's race at last year's MotoGP race. Ducati Pattaya has an early bird special every year and I bought my race tickets through them again so I"m all set and I can't wait to see them again this year.  I remember last year a lot of guys were staying in Surin, even if you can find a room in Buriram they are pretty expensive ????

• Like 2