Thai wife won't let me hold our newborn

shootrrdave

7 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

or "Uncle" or perhaps a "cousin" in the next village ?

Well this got ugly fast. We are legally married and there are no other men in her life and as I said before none of the village men have held her. Only the women. Whenever a couple visits the guy stands around the same as me while the ladies oooh and aaah and pass the baby around. 

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Stop giving her money until she changes her mind.

Don't pay the rent, stop food shopping, eat out alone, go out alone in the evenings, come home drunk and smelling of women's perfume, stay out overnight without warning or excuse, show absolutely no interest in the mom or the baby, etc.

She needs you, you don't need her, let her think about that and stop being a doormat.

'Dread game' works.

I refuse to engage in destructive behaviour. We are both adults (and no she was not a bargirl). We've known each other for over 5 years now. I don't think this is malicious behavior on her part. 

I think she truly believes that I am clumsy and since this is my 1st child I need to be broken in slowly. 

On the plus side I don't have to change diapers...lol

• Like 1

Tell her you only want to hold the falang half of baby, really quite sad! Of course you can't let anyone say the baby is cute unless that attracts the evil spirits who might come and take it away!

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shootrrdave said:

Well this got ugly fast. We are legally married and there are no other men in her life and as I said before none of the village men have held her. Only the women. Whenever a couple visits the guy stands around the same as me while the ladies oooh and aaah and pass the baby around. 

Well so glad to here that and just remind her it is both of yours child, not some doll to pass around the village females.  In that case my suggestion is tell your wife exactly what your expectations are regarding your baby. No ifs or buts and remember some cranky ideas now will only expand later in your marriage if you don't nip it in the bud now. I am surprised however that you had no inkling of your wife's strange ideas prior to marriage and/or birth.

• Like 1