TM30 Owner notification / 90 day report

When the owner of a new rental property reports my stay to immigration for the first time, does this automatically start the clock on my 90 day report? 

My new landlord gave me a small piece of paper which says notification of stay, but it does not look exactly like the usual notification of stay receipt I get when I report myself every 90 days. 

Am I supposed to do anything else? Can I  just keep the small piece of paper the owner gave me, and report back to immigration in 90 days? 

3 minutes ago, Mattd said:

The two are not connected, your 90 day report is due 89 days after arrival in to Thailand or after the last 90 day report.

This was a change of address because I moved into a new residence inside Thailand. The new landlord walked into immigration and provided a copy of their housebook, chanote, and identification along with showing them the new rental contract. What am I missing? 

7 minutes ago, lucky2008 said:

This was a change of address because I moved into a new residence inside Thailand. The new landlord walked into immigration and provided a copy of their housebook, chanote, and identification along with showing them the new rental contract. What am I missing? 

Have you notified Immigration of your change of address? (TM28)

If your on an extension you should already have a TM47 receipt giving notification of your next 90 day report date. Moving house anytime in-between that 90 day period does not affect the fact that you must still report every 90 days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Have you notified Immigration of your change of address? (TM28)

If your on an extension you should already have a TM47 receipt giving notification of your next 90 day report date. Moving house anytime in-between that 90 day period does not affect the fact that you must still report every 90 days.

I thought by me and the owner going in person to immigration with the rental it was notifying immigration of my new address. 

I dont remember filling out a TM 28. 

My TM47 is from my old address. 

What am I supposed to do now? 

1 minute ago, lucky2008 said:

I thought by me and the owner going in person to immigration with the rental it was notifying immigration of my new address. 

If you went together then the TM30 would have been sufficient to record your new address.

Now, you just make a 90 day report on the due date on your existing notification slip.

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2019 at 12:20 PM, lucky2008 said:

The different between TM28 and TM30 is

TM28 use for notifiy Immigration of your change of address by yourself.

TM30 use for notifiy Immigration of your residence in Thailand by the owner.

If the owner already notified your residence in Thailand by TM30, it's not necessary to do the TM28. Either TM28 or TM30 use as enclosed documents to extend your VISA.

For 90 days report. You have to report every 90 days from your arrival stamp if you continuously stay in (no depart) Thailand. You have to made the report within 15 days before and 7 days after the period of 90 days expire. TM47( 90 days report form) will use in this situation. Use your latest address in TM28 or TM30 to fill in TM47.

6 hours ago, ArchDevil said:

Either TM28 or TM30 use as enclosed documents to extend your VISA.

What enclosed documents are you talking about?  Enclosed where?

You can apply to extend your permission to stay. Visas are not extended.

6 hours ago, ArchDevil said:

TM47( 90 days report form) will use in this situation. Use your latest address in TM28 or TM30 to fill in TM47.

Some (most?) offices do not require an application form for 90 day report after the first one. At Jomtien, for example, you just hand over your passport with the previous 90 day report receipt. They use that barcode and print a new 90 day report and you're on your way. No proof of address or TM.47 required.

Edited by Suradit69