Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

20 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is only one sensible way forward and that's to make reporting your address very easy and online.

As this is Thailand I suspect there's an almost zero chance that they will be able to achieve that because they're incompetent and simply don't care if we need to run around reporting to them every week.

This is another ridiculous decision by the authorities. It is becoming more and more likely that experts have had enough. They should concentrate more on their own people and make them toe the line

19 hours ago, roamer said:

Somewhat concerning about his own visa extension predicament if you follow his Twitter feed, as he states, he has never had it like this before. Dark forces at work....

Jess asking for trouble remember the video he pushed just because he was asked for 1000 baht from a tax man.

Jess been here a long time and should have applied for Permanent Residency by now. Gutter journalism.

16 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I can accept filing if I were to permanently move house. But for 24 hours travel??? No, I am not doing it and I will refuse to pay if they fine me. Maybe if enough of us stand up to them they might get the message.

It brings to mind Hitler's persecution of the Jews.

Will they have is all wear a badge that says "Alien Farang" next?

And have to report within 24 hrs or pay a penalty. Lets say we leave friday and back to our registered address on Sat. 24hrs dateline means must report by Sunday but immigration is closed and if its also a PH like this weekend then means the soonest immigration open will be Tuesday. Meaning we already broke the law by 2 days late. I know can do online but its so hard to do it almost not possible for some.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Fuzzyken said:

I would useful to hear other peoples experiences on this to be able to make a meaningful comparison.

In China some years back. Followed around and reported on. But not even in Saudi Arabia. Sudan sounds bad!

I very rarely travel around Thailand, mainly due to my IO enforcing the TM30 for ANY travel over 24 hours from my registered address. Prior to getting my Non-Imm O-A, on METV I travelled extensively north, south, east and west and no TM30 reporting, just the hotel where I'm registered in.. But now the Thai economy is missing out on me spending additional baht while travelling around.. 

I certainly wouldn't be happy if I was working here, taking weekends away from time to time, and have to explain to my employer that I won't be at work until Monday afternoon because I'd have to go to immigration to do my return TM30.. 

If the app was working as it should 24/7 that would simplify things to a degree.. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This is exactly what I intend to do due to flying in out los every couple of weeks. Will do ONE tm30 per year upon last reentry prior to attend CW for extension.

Won't they wonder why there is no TM30 filed for the every couple of weeks that you returned during the year? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, hobz said:

Yeah, I think they are getting better at this online stuff all the time. 

But up to this point they have been pretty incompetent in making online systems.

The 90 day report online used to work for me for about 2 years and then suddenly it stopped working and nobody seems able to fix it.

Then there's the whole car fine fiasco that they promised would be connected to the tax registration system 2 years ago .. my friends are still not paying the fines and betting on that the system is too much of a mess for anyone to figure out that they didnt pay.. millions of unpaid tickets I heard.. doesn't exactly scream competence.

As for your suggestion. Yes , we gotta comply and give them time. But we can also keep making suggestions on how to improve the system. Like keep asking if it's possible to do online. And if it is. Then use it so that they do t scrap it. Complaining can also work if done in an organized manner... But making suggestions is usually more powerful.

Funny you mention about car fines my wife received a fine in the mail 2 weeks ago (one week after the due date of course) so I said we had better pay it as her registration is up next month and explained she might not be able to register it but she laughed and said system been in place for 2 years and does not work so it's ok. Go figure 

Rules and regulations are always in the book but rarely enforced in Thailand. Don’t look too far...Mortorcycle helmets, road-side parking, taxis choosing passengers, gambling dens, after-hours entertainment venues and prohibition of selling alcohol near schools and colleges etc etc..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What is that supposed to mean? Or was it just your contribution to the topic?

Ok, then that would make me a not so normal person. However, I am quite happy to not be so occupied with having a boring life always complaining over everything. Se it has it´s perks to stand out in the crowd and accept things that are not so heavy to do.

I was just comparing CW to other less demanding Immigration offices. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Online already available. However so so many reports of difficulty to register. Also mail file waiting many weeks for receipt or none at all. 

For me it took 5 weeks for receipt of TM30 certification.

• Like 1

Hmmm ... I live in South Thailand, have a work permit and renewable one year visa. I have taken many holidays outside my province, mostly Bangkok, and have never run to immigration to report my residence. I just do my 90 day reporting. All is klar.

23 minutes ago, wtfracing said:

Funny you mention about car fines my wife received a fine in the mail 2 weeks ago (one week after the due date of course) so I said we had better pay it as her registration is up next month and explained she might not be able to register it but she laughed and said system been in place for 2 years and does not work so it's ok. Go figure 

Yeah, that's the word on the streets for sure. Personally I'm paying my fines anyway, I don't want to risk that their system starts working just in time for my tax registration..

Tell them '<deleted> you' and move somewhere else. I cannot see the attraction of Thailand anymore, particularly if converting an overseas currency into Thai baht. It is becoming as much of a nanny state as many of the countries that expats are fleeing.

5 minutes ago, Whip said:

Hmmm ... I live in South Thailand, have a work permit and renewable one year visa. I have taken many holidays outside my province, mostly Bangkok, and have never run to immigration to report my residence. I just do my 90 day reporting. All is klar.

It means that your immigration office has not enforced tm30. The next time you do a 90 day report they could check your tm30 history and then you could be forced to cough up 2000

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Tell them '<deleted> you' and move somewhere else. I cannot see the attraction of Thailand anymore, particularly if converting an overseas currency into Thai baht. It is becoming as much of a nanny state as many of the countries that expats are fleeing.

Agreed, if I didn't have strong ties to Thailand I would definitely consider other countries. But not sure if there's much better options.. 

23 minutes ago, The Alien said:

Rules and regulations are always in the book but rarely enforced in Thailand. Don’t look too far...Mortorcycle helmets, road-side parking, taxis choosing passengers, gambling dens, after-hours entertainment venues and prohibition of selling alcohol near schools and colleges etc etc..

The police are much tougher now compared to years ago regarding helmets and also fake taxis. 

19 hours ago, MichaelJohn said:

Already available once you register; I've done it successfully via their web site https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Your very Lucky here on Koh Samui and neighbouring islands we cannot even do 90 day reporting on line by the time you have had to get a ferry boat and a taxi you then could be waiting for an hour or two just to get your passport back with your next 90 day reporting . I have been asking for two years when we will be able to do online reporting they just shrug their shoulders and smile . ☹️☹️☹️☹️

33 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Everyone has a right to complain about laws and regulations that are quite clearly a pointless and bothersome inconvenience.

Yep,sure! And everyone has the right to question why people stay and continue complain.

How do you know it´s pointless? Are you initiated and have all the knowledge what the purpose is and why they need the TM30 to be done? Or maybe it´s just an opinion?

Edited by Matzzon
  • Sad 2

17 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

Oh how wonderful it is living in this police state. It really is a pleasure.

NOT!!!!! 

no....isnt it good that you can voice your displeasure is more relevant 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Won't they wonder why there is no TM30 filed for the every couple of weeks that you returned during the year? 

I also wonder. I'm thinking if I have current receipt for tm30 that matches the entry stamp and current tm6 it would be fine. 

I can't say having lived in bkk same address and never previously done a tm30 or for that matter 90 day report. BTW...yes many members crap on about "get owner to do it or move" etc. Just rubbish comments. I live in a place I love. Fact is I'm possibly only farang there. Its in the main uni students. Anyway its not like a condo with office and changing tenants. Most have longish lease. Reason I type that boring story is some posters need to realize there are many various situations. From own condo, live with wife, have owner o/s. I could list many other situations. For some its easy for some not. 

I type this from koh Samet. Tues pattaya. Back to bkk Thursday. Friday fly Saigon for weekend. Aug 28 Bang Saen speed festival (members should check it out best kept secret in los).

So that's Aug and typical month. How many tm30 am I required to do. 

Talk about a balls up.

• Like 1

Just now, Rampant20 said:

I guess a lot of people will be leaving soon then. There certainly are some precious whingers in here with nothing better to do. Must be better back in their own countries if all they want to do is tear down every little thing that happens here in Thailand. 

Like Thailand is utopia and anyone who lives there is benefitting from the best culture and conditions in the world! The country doesn't have half the charm or attraction that it did 20 years ago. You're right though - I suspect there are many leaving for greener pastures.

18 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Racism. Farangs are being persecuted. It has become a Police state. Do they think I'm gonna waste my time filing a TM 30 while on a weekend break?

Why is the Thai Govt doing this? Are they afraid we might take over the country?

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

Stay at a hotel on outside your province and you are good.

Stay at ABNB or a private property then applicable. 

Its just to kill the private business

2 minutes ago, Spock said:

Like Thailand is utopia and anyone who lives there is benefitting from the best culture and conditions in the world! The country doesn't have half the charm or attraction that it did 20 years ago. You're right though - I suspect there are many leaving for greener pastures.

Actually 20 years before whites were more welcome but now more money and tax payers are welcome. 

What your own country will prefer?

It is quite well known that Thailand is xenophobic...Nothing has changed for years and will most certainly not change in the near future and whilst it remains in its present state of "Government"???? rule

What ever YOU choose to think the % of expats leaving is enough and the % going elsewhere is HUGE! 

ME.. well,  I will continue to share an amount of time in Thailand and an amount in my home country so it won't really have an effect on us. 

As for reporting what they ask  ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Like 1