Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

15 hours ago, roamer said:

Somewhat concerning about his own visa extension predicament if you follow his Twitter feed, as he states, he has never had it like this before. Dark forces at work....

Its is worrying it they make trouble for him as hes the biggest Rs licker there is

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I can accept filing if I were to permanently move house. But for 24 hours travel??? No, I am not doing it and I will refuse to pay if they fine me. Maybe if enough of us stand up to them they might get the message.

It brings to mind Hitler's persecution of the Jews.

Will they have is all wear a badge that says "Alien Farang" next?

no need, your face is enough. As long as my IO continues to ignore TM30 so will I.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

no need, your face is enough. As long as my IO continues to ignore TM30 so will I.

Maybe find interesting read in Thailand news section where the new "big joke" replacement...think he is "big ord" (something like that) is stating that one of his main aims is enforcement of tm30. Most of these tm30 threads have kicked off by changes at CW.

We will see a lot more threads if/when places such as Jomtien start requiring tm30. 

Edited by DrJack54

they are changing tourist rules now if you stay the winter expats rules with money needed for a visa and a lot more.making it harder.so the farang is leaving and their neighbours are catching them.maybe they will realise when more expats are going and taking the money with them.how things have changed and not for the good

Hotels MAY ordinarily do the reporting if you go away for a few days (as a few comments here have noted) but they don't give you any confirmation of fully accurate and on-time lodgment which you could use to fight any subsequent fine-incurring lateness allegation.

7 minutes ago, schlemmi said:

Could extend this denial of service attac to all locations by doing it by postal mail. If they not return the slip within 14 days file coplaints.

Mail receipts are taking 3+ weeks by reports from some members. No good if you travel a LOT.

I have never made a complaint to immigration. Guess why.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is only one sensible way forward and that's to make reporting your address very easy and online.

As this is Thailand I suspect there's an almost zero chance that they will be able to achieve that because they're incompetent and simply don't care if we need to run around reporting to them every week.

Whatever they say in BKK doesn't mean that's the "law" in other provinces. In Chonburi and Korat för example,you can leave the province,and when you come back home, to the same address, you don't have to submit a new TM30.

You just wait for next 90-days report. But if you leave the country, then you have to do it, because you will get a new TM6, Departure Card with a new number. The TM6 is for some reason connected to the TM30. 

17 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now they are imcompetent. What more can be wrong? If everything is so worthless, why stay and complain?

They have announced that its going to be made and possible to do online. I guess we just have to give them some time, and comply with the rules until it gets easier.

If you know where to stay,there are provinces with less demanding rules regarding TM30 reporting. BKK is BKK. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Racism. Farangs are being persecuted. It has become a Police state. Do they think I'm gonna waste my time filing a TM 30 while on a weekend break?

Why is the Thai Govt doing this? Are they afraid we might take over the country?

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

In what province are you staying?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If you know where to stay,there are provinces with less demanding rules regarding TM30 reporting. BKK is BKK. 

And? Since when is a little visit to Immigration demanding. I usually bring donuts for them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Max69xl said:
15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Racism. Farangs are being persecuted. It has become a Police state. Do they think I'm gonna waste my time filing a TM 30 while on a weekend break?

Why is the Thai Govt doing this? Are they afraid we might take over the country?

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

In what province are you staying?

Bangkok, so I have to put up with CW Immigration where I feel like a convict reporting to his parole officer.

5 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Bangkok, so I have to put up with CW Immigration where I feel like a convict reporting to his parole officer.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I am staying 5min from Immigration in Jomtien, Pattaya. No TM30 when coming back after leaving the province. Only when leaving the country,and that started this year. But it takes only 10-15min to do it, except sometimes during high season.

• Like 1

Actually, I think there are two aspects to the whole TM30 reporting business.

Nationally, as a policy, I doubt that us Farangs are the reason, I suspect that it is a desperate and inevitably unsuccessful attempt to keep track of the large quantity of migrant labour from Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia, many of whom are no longer resident at, or employed by, the places and businesses which were listed when they entered the country. We are merely "collateral damage".

Secondly, in certain Immigration jurisdictions, it may be regarded as an opportunity to make up for lost revenues following "Big Joke's" (remember him?) "no tips" initiative.

I read elsewhere that one of the chaps behind the "TM30" petition has been getting grief from immigration - well surprise, not national policy but venal officialdom?

Edited by JAG

I have never told immigration that I am going away, On exit from the country to work they have it on computer on my return in the address section I write going home and my house in Thailand. On the way we spent two nights in Pattaya, the hotel register that I think? after two days unless they receive another hotel record, They should assume I have gone home as no record of departure is recorded of me leaving the country. If they want to know for sure then they are welcome to phone or call round (unlikely.) I don't speak to them and they don't speak to me. As now I prefer to attain one year multi entry for married man out of the country, as I can't show large sums of money sitting in the bank having wife ,daughter and cars to support! Pay taxes, insurance and social security on time every time. If I visit friends for the weekend or a week, Don't speak to immigration, so they must assume I am at home, and they have family telephone and Email addresses if they are concerned about me.

What is that the Thai authorities are so scared about? It seems clear, at least to me, that they don't want 'farang' to stay in Thailand for any more than 30 days (if at all).Forget all the complaining and talk with your feet. I know people are frustrated but it's time to take action rather than just words. Get out of the place with your sanity and pride intact whilst you can.

That hits the nail on the head. I think their concern isn't for European expats, Australian, or USA. Most of us run simple normal lives happily. Bar a few tattoo drunks hanging around certain areas and perhaps a few vocal old gits. They are after the slimy under bellies from countries south of the med and nearby middle eastern and other Asian countries. and this is blown up as the vocal old gits decided that"you talking about me!' attitude. have prodded the wasps nest a bit too hard. So they are flying up to sting anybody in the way!

Just now, lensta said:

Maybe just crash the system. All expats in every area turn up to their immigration office at one time to file a report that they left the province for 24 hours. Watch the chaos then.

Are you volunteering to organise it?