Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

35 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

Maybe I just do not know where to find it. So now what?

Read one of the 40+ threads about TM30s on here and you'll find the link has been posted at least a dozen times.

21 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

The first one already out is “Section38” which is for reporting TM30. Search for it on the playstore or the apps store. I’m told that there will soon be apps for TM47 and even TM6. 

The TM6 app has been out for ages and is a waste of bandwidth for the average tourist and not much better for expats.

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is only one sensible way forward and that's to make reporting your address very easy and online.

As this is Thailand I suspect there's an almost zero chance that they will be able to achieve that because they're incompetent and simply don't care if we need to run around reporting to them every week.

But this as all other stupid bureaucracy is the splendit basis for corruption.

18 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I can accept filing if I were to permanently move house. But for 24 hours travel??? No, I am not doing it and I will refuse to pay if they fine me. Maybe if enough of us stand up to them they might get the message.

It brings to mind Hitler's persecution of the Jews.

Will they have is all wear a badge that says "Alien Farang" next?

Your a sad <deleted> using the death of millions of Jews to back you're argument regarding a tm 30. You are everything that represents the low class and unwanted expat

• Thanks 2

Just now, ChrisY1 said:

It sure sounds as though they are trying to take the onus off the hotel owners to report.

Probably the next idea will be that foreigners make all the TM30 reports for staying out of province so the hotel owners don't cop the fine. I'm sure there has been some that have complained to Imm.

No doubt they have, any increase of workload is an anathema for a private company but it will be of no use in the end to keep a reliable track of us criminals the hotel staff will be needed to file a TM30

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Read one of the 40+ threads about TM30s on here and you'll find the link has been posted at least a dozen times.

The TM6 app has been out for ages and is a waste of bandwidth for the average tourist and not much better for expats.

I see, thx.

21 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now they are imcompetent. What more can be wrong? If everything is so worthless, why stay and complain?

They have announced that its going to be made and possible to do online. I guess we just have to give them some time, and comply with the rules until it gets easier.

We already do it online and have done so for over a month.

• Thanks 1

Thailand has really shot itself in the foot. Westerners are leaving in droves, these same westerners used to support most of the bars, restuarents and hotels in Thailand. The government has this silly belief that Chinese and Indian tourists will fill the void, they will not. They dont  drink much, if they drink at all and they just do not spend the kind of money that westerners spend.

When a countries economy is largely driven by western tourism, it would be wise to keep those tourists happy.

I've decided in the last few weeks to start spending a lot more time in Cambodia and Vietnam and a large part of the 100k GBP i spend each year in Thailand will be going with me.

Edited by britishrepublican

immigration office rules go ewerytime harden, who idiot there write all new rules. immigration have totally isdiots all workers and super idiot all animals who plan and write rules. non human idiots. all idiotland law and rules must end in immigration office. wery stupid all have. but this is monkeyland andd 99% have idiots.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I thought they would not do this but announce a relaxing of the official rule. Glad, but sad, I decided to start my exit process over the next year. 

Its a bridge too far for me, I have put up with enough immigration, banking, licensing, vehicle, property ownership, med insurance, funds transfer red tape and mindless bureaucracy for foreigners.

I thought 23 years working here and the last three as a retiree who could more than adequately support oneself was enough but obviously not. Time to move where I am somewhat wanted at least.

I use this phrase a lot these days "not what it was".

well took you long time to find out that is not the you what the government want here rather is your money or your skills in ur case

22 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is only one sensible way forward and that's to make reporting your address very easy and online.

As this is Thailand I suspect there's an almost zero chance that they will be able to achieve that because they're incompetent and simply don't care if we need to run around reporting to them every week.

I would prefer a electronic bracelet for foreigners to be attached either in the neck, ankle or arm. Therefore no more wasting time in reporting. No queue! No hassle! No fine either side! 

• Sad 2

Just now, soalbundy said:

Altruism is for freedom fighters not pensioners. If my IO suddenly says this is the way we have to go I'll give the man his sugar. It's just another hoop. I already have hoops from Falang land as well:-

Once a year proof of existence for UK pension

Once a year proof of existence for German pension

Once a year proof of existence for German company pension

Once a year German tax declaration that I live outside the EU

Once a month transfer of income from Germany to Thai bank

90 day reporting in Thailand

Once a year extension of stay at immigration Thailand

TM30 when travelling back from another province in Thailand

It's just another thing to be done, is it stupid? Yes, am I going to get up tight about it? No.

Just thinking how lucky you are to have so many pensions. If I was eligible for one, I can only access it within my home country. There but for the grace of God go you but not me. 

The intention is for immigration to know where every foreigner is located at any given time.

The crazy thing is they will never know where the criminals or terrorists are located because

they won't be bothered with TM30, or any other forms.

So the whole fiasco just wastes the time of innocent people and Immigration will have no useful information to track the criminals or terrorists. 

Typical Thai logic which makes no sense!

• Thanks 1

I overnighted in Bangkok in my way to Malaysia from Philippines and I remembered why I left. I can’t believe people with other options are still staying there. It’s not going to get better and you know it. It’s going to get worse. The economic risks are great. (Google News: Thailand Economy) Get our while you can still get a good price for your condos. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Racism. Farangs are being persecuted. It has become a Police state. Do they think I'm gonna waste my time filing a TM 30 while on a weekend break?

Why is the Thai Govt doing this? Are they afraid we might take over the country?

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

No, i came here for a quiet life not to be fighting and arguing with every man and his dog, if you go to the Uk you are hounded by every dept god made, complain but give a reasonable reason for your gripe and you may, just may, be listened to.

8 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Do you also have to submit a tm28, as you are in fact changing your address if only temporarily?

No,you submit a TM28 when officially changing address and moving to another province,and a TM30. Just changing a condo in for example Pattaya,then you just need to submit a new TM30 to get the slip to keep in the passport. I have done it myself.

Can the government practically USE the information that they receive from the TM 30 forms?  Do they keep a file on everyone and monitor their movements?  What bureau does this?  Do we know whether the information is entered into a database?  This seems similar to a practice used in China where they keep a citizen scorecard on everyone and assess penalties when an individual loses points for an unapproved action.  What a difference from America where people are infuriated when attempts are made just to enforce immigration laws.  This TM 30 stuff appears to be petty bureaucracy gone amock with questionable utility of the information received from the procedure.  It would be good to learn what the government's concerns are.  I live in Japan for part of the year where all they need is your registered permanent address in the country.  They get all of the other information that they need from your exit and entry cards collected by immigration on your way in and out.  They don't care where you travel within the country so long as your registered residence remains the same.  

13 minutes ago, moto77 said:

I overnighted in Bangkok in my way to Malaysia from Philippines and I remembered why I left. I can’t believe people with other options are still staying there. It’s not going to get better and you know it. It’s going to get worse. The economic risks are great. (Google News: Thailand Economy) Get our while you can still get a good price for your condos. 

Don't compare BKK to other places in Thailand. It's a big busy city.

25 minutes ago, britishrepublican said:

Thailand has really shot itself in the foot. Westerners are leaving in droves, these same westerners used to support most of the bars, restuarents and hotels in Thailand. The government has this silly belief that Chinese and Indian tourists will fill the void, they will not. They dont  drink much, if they drink at all and they just do not spend the kind of money that westerners spend.

When a countries economy is largely driven by western tourism, it would be wise to keep those tourists happy.

I've decided in the last few weeks to start spending a lot more time in Cambodia and Vietnam and a large part of the 100k GBP i spend each year in Thailand will be going with me.

Don't forget to comply with the 24hr reporting requirement when your moving round Cambodia and Vietnam. They have started to properly enforce it ????

Is the Regulation Imposition really so shocking?

The Immigration Department has long had the power and duty to monitor the presence of foreigners on Thailand territory. 

Several countries are much stricter than Thailand in this respect, notably Vietnam, which not only monitors where its foreign visitors are staying, but also limits their choice of stay location, especially in private homes and non-authorised lodgings for foreigners.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1700888/thailand-immigration-controls-getting-tough-with-guests

Edited by Lovethailandelite
  • Like 1

the staff at your local Immigration office follow you on social media and they see you have been away! 

Really? And about those who are without any social media? I don't have and I'm not a member of any social at all. Besides the tracking system of the social not working properly or they're not working at all.

Edited by roadrunner32

This is insane. My wife (Thai National) is a VP of a mid-size company based in Bangkok. We have a townhouse there but our main home is in Hua Hin so we drive back and forth constantly. If I were to fill out a TM30 every time we did this I’d spend more time on paperwork than I did behind the wheel. I’ll take my chances ignoring this nonsense.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Can the government practically USE the information that they receive from the TM 30 forms?  Do they keep a file on everyone and monitor their movements?  What bureau does this?  Do we know whether the information is entered into a database?  This seems similar to a practice used in China where they keep a citizen scorecard on everyone and assess penalties when an individual loses points for an unapproved action.  What a difference from America where people are infuriated when attempts are made just to enforce immigration laws.  This TM 30 stuff appears to be petty bureaucracy gone amock with questionable utility of the information received from the procedure.  It would be good to learn what the government's concerns are.  I live in Japan for part of the year where all they need is your registered permanent address in the country.  They get all of the other information that they need from your exit and entry cards collected by immigration on your way in and out.  They don't care where you travel within the country so long as your registered residence remains the same.  

Of course the Immigration office transfer everything from the TM30 into a database incl.the Departure Card-number (TM6). That info is used when we do the 90-days report at our Immigration office. It confirms we are staying at the same address. If I stay in a hotel somewhere,that hotel will copy my passport and TM6-card and then submit a TM30-report. So, of course the Immigration can keep tabs on me.

Absolutely ridiculous, why don't they just admit it, they don't want to trust any (Western) Foreigners any longer.  No thanks to a very small minority that come here for a short while visit or live over here for a short while stirring up trouble for the rest of the long term law abiding Foreigners. What's going to be next ankle bracelets to monitor your every movement? This is starting to feel like being in my old Basic Training days, you can only leave to go anywhere by signing out and signing in so your accounted for!!! Nuts, these people are becoming nuttier than fruitcakes!!!!! When are they going to realize, this only causes more good people to leave?? WOW!!!

Edited by PaceArrow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, roadrunner32 said:

the staff at your local Immigration office follow you on social media and they see you have been away! 

Really? And about those who are without any social media? I don't have and I'm not a member of any social at all. Besides the tracking system of the social not working properly or they doesn't working at all.

How can they follow anyone on social medias when they don't know usernames? How connect a random username to a person staying in Thailand.

12 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Yes Japan is a quality country as this one sinks into the cesspool.

22 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now they are imcompetent. What more can be wrong? If everything is so worthless, why stay and complain?

They have announced that its going to be made and possible to do online. I guess we just have to give them some time, and comply with the rules until it gets easier.

Isn't it incompetent to start enforcing the TM30 before the online reporting is working 100%?

Isn't it incompetent to have different provinces applying the law differently?