Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

9 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

I have never told immigration that I am going away, On exit from the country to work they have it on computer on my return in the address section I write going home and my house in Thailand. On the way we spent two nights in Pattaya, the hotel register that I think? after two days unless they receive another hotel record, They should assume I have gone home as no record of departure is recorded of me leaving the country. If they want to know for sure then they are welcome to phone or call round (unlikely.) I don't speak to them and they don't speak to me. As now I prefer to attain one year multi entry for married man out of the country, as I can't show large sums of money sitting in the bank having wife ,daughter and cars to support! Pay taxes, insurance and social security on time every time. If I visit friends for the weekend or a week, Don't speak to immigration, so they must assume I am at home, and they have family telephone and Email addresses if they are concerned about me.

When you're coming back from abroad, you will have a new TM6-card, the Departure Card,with a new number. The TM6-card is connected to the the TM30-report. So, the immigration can see that you left the country. Eventually they will find out and you will get fined.

There are alot of things in this world that we want. Getting them is another story. I want this administration to be competent, and less racist and hateful toward foreigners and ex-pats. Will it happen? I doubt it. They want me to inform them every time I hit the road, and take a trip. Will it happen? Absolutely not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well they haven't done any fining for the past 15 years, or comments on my travels. And on the TM6 card it states my home address. and the address that I own with my wife which was done when we brought it as required by law, it is jointly owned as a married couple. So perhaps the rules may be different. than someone with rented accommodation being classed as tourist. Never ever been asked or inquired about it except when registering in the village had to take headman once, over twelve years ago.

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now they are imcompetent. What more can be wrong? If everything is so worthless, why stay and complain?

They have announced that its going to be made and possible to do online. I guess we just have to give them some time, and comply with the rules until it gets easier.

Here we go and its only the 4th post.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

There are alot of things in this world that we want. Getting them is another story. I want this administration to be competent, and less racist and hateful toward foreigners and ex-pats. Will it happen? I doubt it. They want me to inform them every time I hit the road, and take a trip. Will it happen? Absolutely not. 

The same rules doesn't apply in every Immigration office. I can go wherever I want in Thailand, without submitting a new TM30 when I come back home. I just wait for next 90-days report.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

Well they haven't done any fining for the past 15 years, or comments on my travels. And on the TM6 card it states my home address. and the address that I own with my wife which was done when we brought it as required by law, it is jointly owned as a married couple. So perhaps the rules may be different. than someone with rented accommodation being classed as tourist. Never ever been asked or inquired about it except when registering in the village had to take headman once, over twelve years ago.

The address on the TM6-card has nothing to do with a TM30-report. It's not same thing.

All filings on any immigration form should go into the database record related to the person filing, no matter which TM form that has been filled in. I would assume many local offices don't file them as it would require a lot of keyboard work. It would make more sense to issue every long stay with a card ID (pink ID) that could be swiped at locations, But that is a long way off for Thailand! Isn't it?

• Like 1

Even criminals have to report less at the probation officer and have more freedom and less control then Farangs.

This is getting rediculous . Being in the land of smiles the people responsible for this will try to do anything to avoid loosing their face. Their ego is more important then admitting making a mistake.

Maybe they should consider chipping everybody at entering the country. This way they can monitor every movement of everybody and know their location !

There comes a time that people rather prefer to stay in their own country or other countries instead of considering moving or visiting Thailand.

Thailand is becoming more and more expensive given what the Baht is doing. We have seen similar things in other tourist countries. And they stayed away !

Even criminals have to report less at the probation officer and have more freedom and less control then Farangs.

This is getting rediculous . Being in the land of smiles the people responsible for this will try to do anything to avoid loosing their face. Their ego is more important then admitting making a mistake.

Maybe they should consider chipping everybody at entering the country. This way they can monitor every movement of everybody and know their location !

There comes a time that people rather prefer to stay in their own country or other countries instead of considering moving or visiting Thailand.

Thailand is becoming more and more expensive given what the Baht is doing. We have seen similar things in other tourist countries. And they stayed away !

The land of the smiles is loosing its smile more and more.

Edited by ThailandGuy
i accidentally submitted before finishing my text

if "immigration" would at least first have created an app, or website, that actually works, and not for latested iphone or android, but an online app, in ENGLISH, the business & communication language of the world, but not in thailand, where those apps and sites will be partly in THAI only 

one place to report all the crap they want, but hey... let's show who is boss

run farang, run for the papers

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

So, now they are imcompetent. What more can be wrong? If everything is so worthless, why stay and complain?

They have announced that its going to be made and possible to do online. I guess we just have to give them some time, and comply with the rules until it gets easier.

Yeah, I think they are getting better at this online stuff all the time. 

But up to this point they have been pretty incompetent in making online systems.

The 90 day report online used to work for me for about 2 years and then suddenly it stopped working and nobody seems able to fix it.

Then there's the whole car fine fiasco that they promised would be connected to the tax registration system 2 years ago .. my friends are still not paying the fines and betting on that the system is too much of a mess for anyone to figure out that they didnt pay.. millions of unpaid tickets I heard.. doesn't exactly scream competence.

As for your suggestion. Yes , we gotta comply and give them time. But we can also keep making suggestions on how to improve the system. Like keep asking if it's possible to do online. And if it is. Then use it so that they do t scrap it. Complaining can also work if done in an organized manner... But making suggestions is usually more powerful.

Edited by hobz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Filipplenoir said:

That's why I didn't sign the petition. A waste of time. Farang thought they could reason with the system ....lol

If anything, it will now be more rigorously enforced, especially knowing the amount of money they can make out of this in fines.

Up until I had a stoke almost 2 years ago, once a month for the previous 8 years, I would take trips on my CBR 250, CB 300f, or 300cc Forza for 2 - 10 days all over the north, north east, and central regions. TM 30? Never heard of it till the past couple of months. Did the small, out of the way hotels I stayed at on these trips report my 1 - 2 night stay? Somehow I doubt it. And Chiang Mai Immigration has never said a word to me. 

Thailand operates like customs, green and red channel. Only a fool goes through red channels. The odds of getting pulled going through the green channel, rely on the ability of the officer to sense something is wrong or  having any interest or having known knowledge before hand.(grasses). (The dogs help if in the right place). This is how immigration works for most ordinary citizens. Most light European and American citizens. ( mind you they love a English speaker of Asian/African looks 10.000 baht for a months holiday and staying with friends with British or US passports shouting that they are a British citizen blaa blaa!

4 hours ago, jonclark said:

For you it may be a few times a year, but I am sure there are others that have to do it considerable more than a few times. If you had to do it 20 or 30 times a year you might react slightly differently. 

Try 104 times when visit your Pattaya condo on weekends then return to your Bangkok condo.

26 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Up until I had a stoke almost 2 years ago, once a month for the previous 8 years, I would take trips on my CBR 250, CB 300f, or 300cc Forza for 2 - 10 days all over the north, north east, and central regions. TM 30? Never heard of it till the past couple of months. Did the small, out of the way hotels I stayed at on these trips report my 1 - 2 night stay? Somehow I doubt it. And Chiang Mai Immigration has never said a word to me. 

They just recently started enforcing it more strictly. I had to pay a fine once when I wanted to change my address. (Oh the irony) because my previous address never reported me... Also in cm.. probably around 2.5 years ago.. I guess if I didn't try to change my address I wouldn't have been fined. But then I would have to also keep doing 90 day reports etc on my old address.. pretty flawed system.. I bet I would get away with this until the day they raided my old address and didn't find me there.. and what are the odds they raid someone that didn't commit a crime etc? 0.0001% 

Whats to prevent someone from doing that? Just keep a copy of the old rental contract and keep using it for anything you report to immigration.. and if it's that easy to circumvent. Then what is the purpose of tm30? 

Edited by hobz

9 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

TM 30? Never heard of it till the past couple of months.

The law has been around since the 70's but not enforced. I experienced same in other Asian countries nearby where I stayed long term, not as tourist, such as Indonesia and Myanmar. Each change of address - report to police in those countries like the TM28/TM30 laws here. Seems to be standard in some parts.

17 hours ago, Issannative said:

Will this make me think twice about traveling and spending money in thailand yes it will why punish me from just having a weekend break its mental

i used to travel to other provinces often but have avoided it as of late.  liked to go to phuket and rayong to surf but their hotels and restaurants will get a little less business as will the airline and taxis used.  i prefer to go to sri lanka, bali, or vietnam where my movements are not tracked.  those on a 90 day tourist visa are free to come and go without reporting. seems criminals now prefer tourist visas?

For the love of Buddha, just inject a tracking microchip into every foreigner as soon as they arrive in Thailand. Problem solved!

A minor problem would be that 90%+ of tourists would no longer come to Thailand, but TAT and the Tourism Ministry can easily come up with some massaged visitor numbers to solve that issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

The sheep are even afraid to put their name on the petition.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Straight8 said:

Here we go and its only the 4th post.

What is that supposed to mean? Or was it just your contribution to the topic?

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

Every normal person consider CW Immigration to be demanding.

Ok, then that would make me a not so normal person. However, I am quite happy to not be so occupied with having a boring life always complaining over everything. Se it has it´s perks to stand out in the crowd and accept things that are not so heavy to do.

• Sad 1

I hope not going off topic but I have travelled far and wide and visited dozens of countries around the world including Russia and I can recall only one country where one had to report to immigration/police on a regular basis, apart from Thailand, and that was Sudan. I would useful to hear other peoples experiences on this to be able to make a meaningful comparison.