Latest TM30 word from Bkk Imm, 8/8/19

This is good news.  I will just take less vacations in country. That will save me money and provide less for the Thai economy. 

It is just too much of a hassle to travel the distance I need to, just to tell immigration i'm back home. 

Plus if I go and visit the wife's family. They are not going to go and report a Farang staying at their house. So I will just be getting them in trouble when I get back home and report where I was staying if immigration ask. 

I am so glad that my extension next week will be my last one. That will give me enough time to get rid of my stuff and start getting my money out of the banks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I also wonder. I'm thinking if I have current receipt for tm30 that matches the entry stamp and current tm6 it would be fine. 

I can't say having lived in bkk same address and never previously done a tm30 or for that matter 90 day report. BTW...yes many members crap on about "get owner to do it or move" etc. Just rubbish comments. I live in a place I love. Fact is I'm possibly only farang there. Its in the main uni students. Anyway its not like a condo with office and changing tenants. Most have longish lease. Reason I type that boring story is some posters need to realize there are many various situations. From own condo, live with wife, have owner o/s. I could list many other situations. For some its easy for some not. 

I type this from koh Samet. Tues pattaya. Back to bkk Thursday. Friday fly Saigon for weekend. Aug 28 Bang Saen speed festival (members should check it out best kept secret in los).

So that's Aug and typical month. How many tm30 am I required to do. 

Talk about a balls up.

"Almost" everybody staying in Thailand on a Long Stay Visa O-A or 1 year retirement extension has at least once submitted a TM30, and 100% of them have to do the 90-days report every 3 months. It's totally irrelevant what type of visa you have.

Get lost Thailand that's what I say. I am in the Philippines, at the moment wanted to extend my visa for one month one small form no pics no photocopys just 3000p and come back the next day a tiny stamp and that's it. I think if I wasn't going the next time I can get 6 months or something like that, and stay here for 36 months or something like that without leaving the country.I might go back for a 2 week holiday but no way will I be living there ever again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, ukrules said:

There is only one sensible way forward and that's to make reporting your address very easy and online.

I read the entire article twice then went to the App store to locate the TM 30 compliance form and the form does not exist, as the article quoted. Maybe I just do not know where to find it. So now what?

19 minutes ago, Longcut said:

This is good news.  I will just take less vacations in country. That will save me money and provide less for the Thai economy. 

It is just too much of a hassle to travel the distance I need to, just to tell immigration i'm back home. 

Plus if I go and visit the wife's family. They are not going to go and report a Farang staying at their house. So I will just be getting them in trouble when I get back home and report where I was staying if immigration ask. 

I am so glad that my extension next week will be my last one. That will give me enough time to get rid of my stuff and start getting my money out of the banks. 

Good luck transferring money out of a Thai bank. Have to do it by cash and then change to USD or send another way. They locked the money in normal banks.

But I agree. Good luck and happy trails. I am so p'd off my self and will completely keep all my money out of this country now and set up international funds for my kids and wife. They can bite me. The nerve of them being so r****t.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humpy said:

So if if I arrive in  Pattaya at 1800 hrs, stay the night at a hotel , which will submit a TM 30, and I return to Bangkok by 1200 hrs the next day does my wife have to submit a TM 30 ?

Yes, according to the officer in CW Immigration. That's what the article in the newspaper said.

3 minutes ago, Jimdandy said:

I read the entire article twice then went to the App store to locate the TM 30 compliance form and the form does not exist, as the article quoted. Maybe I just do not know where to find it. So now what?

Why should the App store have Immigration forms? Search on Google and you will find it.

Maybe time for a Hong Kong style protest. Everybody go on monday to Chang waattana and say they spent the night before at the PM's house, and refuse to leave until they accept your form. Oh, and make certain all entrances are blocked ...

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep,sure! And everyone has the right to question why people stay and continue complain.

How do you know it´s pointless? Are you initiated and have all the knowledge what the purpose is and why they need the TM30 to be done? Or maybe it´s just an opinion?

Just keep on talkin. I would bet you will probably be the first in line to be chipped when that time comes, and say thank you sir, can I have another!

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

"Almost" everybody staying in Thailand on a Long Stay Visa O-A or 1 year retirement extension has at least once submitted a TM30, and 100% of them have to do the 90-days report every 3 months. It's totally irrelevant what type of visa you have.

90 day report required if you remain in los for 90 days. I exit los every 2 weeks. Never done 90 day report in 7 years

Have never done tm30 in 7 yrs. Previously never required at CW. 

Next question?

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

Why do they not just have the form available at selected 7/11s & have them picked up every week,,,, sorry,,, too sensible

i'd be happy to pay a 7/11 service fee for this as i already do when paying other bills

4 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Why should the App store have Immigration forms? Search on Google and you will find it.

Here's why. This is the quote and the link from the article. I will do a Google search instead. Apparently there a huge disconnect that I hope gets fixed 'most Ricky Ticky'

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/08/bangkok-immigration-want-expats-to-register-their-address-every-time-they-return-from-a-holiday-to-another-province/

So, what can we do to make our life easier. Immigration say that they are working on the problem and are producing apps for your smartphone that will make reporting quick and easy. The first one already out is “Section38” which is for reporting TM30. Search for it on the playstore or the apps store. I’m told that there will soon be apps for TM47 and even TM6. 

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

if one owns and lives in a bkk condo but visits another province for 48 hours or must they re-notify immigration when returning to their own condo ??

Only if you stay in a hotel or such that reports you. That is the only way they would know you had been away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IOs do not want less work? Less work means less staff. Are they worried that if everything is done online then many IO’s will be made redundant? Is this newly enforced insistance on reporting nothing more than just maintaining ‘Jobs for the boys’?

Edited by SunsetT

14 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Yes, according to the officer in CW Immigration. That's what the article in the newspaper said.

Some members suggest that only return home from international travel will require tm30 at CW. Ubonjoe I think also suggested this. No doubt I will be correct by any member that has done recent extension at CW and been pulled up on domestic travel.

Edited by DrJack54

7 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Jesus Christ get a grip

All this over reaction about having to visit a Immigration Office a few extra times a year is pathetic 

I follow my local football team and at least once every 2 weeks travel to an away game and stay overnight. It means every 2 weeks I should waste a day reporting that I’ve successfully found my way home.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

90 day report required if you remain in los for 90 days. I exit los every 2 weeks. Never done 90 day report in 7 years

Have never done tm30 in 7 yrs. Previously never required at CW. 

Next question

Please read my post again: I said people with Long Stay Visa O-A and 1 year retirement extension. No one with 1 year retirement extension leaves before every 90-days report. You do know what retired means? It's totally irrelevant how long you are staying.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Just keep on talkin. I would bet you will probably be the first in line to be chipped when that time comes, and say thank you sir, can I have another!

You do not think that talking about filing a TM30 and getting chipped is very far from eachother? That´s exactly what I mean with my comments. To many people make an axe of a toothpick, including you as clearly can be read.

Edited by Matzzon

18 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Racism. Farangs are being persecuted. It has become a Police state. Do they think I'm gonna waste my time filing a TM 30 while on a weekend break?

Why is the Thai Govt doing this? Are they afraid we might take over the country?

Maybe they might take notice if we all refused to comply? Though I can't see the Farang community having the balls to stand together.

Altruism is for freedom fighters not pensioners. If my IO suddenly says this is the way we have to go I'll give the man his sugar. It's just another hoop. I already have hoops from Falang land as well:-

Once a year proof of existence for UK pension

Once a year proof of existence for German pension

Once a year proof of existence for German company pension

Once a year German tax declaration that I live outside the EU

Once a month transfer of income from Germany to Thai bank

90 day reporting in Thailand

Once a year extension of stay at immigration Thailand

TM30 when travelling back from another province in Thailand

It's just another thing to be done, is it stupid? Yes, am I going to get up tight about it? No.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Please read my post again: I said people with Long Stay Visa O-A and 1 year retirement extension. No one with 1 year retirement extension leaves before every 90-days report. You do know what retired means? It's totally irrelevant how long you are staying.

Is that a joke? There are many many people like myself that live in los on annual extensions based or retirement or other and have NEVER done a 90 day report. Reason being they are never in Thailand for longer than 90 continuous days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My concern is that now 'the boat is being rocked' by Expats on these matters; TM30s etc. and dont get me wrong; Im all for it and have signed the NE petition, my concern is that a directive will now be sent to every Immigration office in Thailand to strictly enforce TM30s for any out of province trips. So those of us not so far having to do it will now have this unreasonable and unnecessary rule inflicted on us! The Immigration officials from Division 1 at Chaengwattana last night repeated "we are not stupid" 4 times! I think that this demonstrates the Catch 22 that Expats are in. Any questioning is taken as criticism, and, as most of us know, criticism is not acceptable in Thai culture as it causes the dreaded 'loss of face'! So can we ever win? Seems like the only way forward is through conforming to another ingrained aspect of Thai culture; Fat brown envelopes!

• Haha 1

Just now, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm..... feel the love?

It's nothing, the IO has to justify it's existence, look at our work load, feel the weight of the documents, we need more officers, in every company you will find the same thing in different departments, it's called empire building.

• Haha 1

It sure sounds as though they are trying to take the onus off the hotel owners to report.

Probably the next idea will be that foreigners make all the TM30 reports for staying out of province so the hotel owners don't cop the fine. I'm sure there has been some that have complained to Imm.

On the other hand, when everything goes digital..when the web pages eventually work, maybe they fear their cash cow losing out!

Edited by ChrisY1