Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

No more 55 baht draft at the Beer Garden, prices up by 10 baht. Interesting approach to increasing custom in the current market, and people talk about Thais increasing prices when business is slow!!!! 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, kinyara said:

No more 55 baht draft at the Beer Garden, prices up by 10 baht. Interesting approach to increasing custom in the current market, and people talk about Thais increasing prices when business is slow!!!! 

Just the draft?

Bottled beer has increased by 5-10 baht every year for at least the last 5 years.

31 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Just spoke to a member of staff, and she denied that the price of beer had gone up.

Said there had not been a price rise since the start of the year.

I have not been in since the day before the lockdown and it was 55 baht for a draft then.

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

i rode past there yesterday, girls were out front waving trying to get passers by incl me to go in. Reminded me of people shipwrecked and waving to be rescued

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Staff are adamant that beer prices have not gone up.

Could it be there Heineken draught is more expensive than Tiger, that's the only other thing I can think of? I had 2 and handed 120 over without looking at the bill and she said 130. As I said I didn't look at other prices. 

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

Could it be there Heineken draught is more expensive than Tiger, that's the only other thing I can think of? I had 2 and handed 120 over without looking at the bill and she said 130. As I said I didn't look at other prices. 

Heineken Draft has always been more expensive, but I thought it was 120 baht compared to 110 baht for Tiger Draft.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:32 AM, kinyara said:

That's an 8.3% rise in price, when customers are down probably 90%. 

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes that is the standard Thai business model. Less customers increase the price. Pure genius.

They would be raising the prices on the wrong customer base, being local expats, who are more price conscious. 

Tourists, in any decent numbers, will not be back here for the foreseeable future, so they might want to consider cutting some overheads in order to stabilize their prices, or even lowering them, to try to stay in the game.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Looks like the authorities are requiring 22 social distancing rules to be adhered to, if you believe the owners of the bars that got raided last night.

If that's the case, many bars may be better off staying closed.  It would not be profitable for them to open with the restrictions.    

• Like 1

Re-openings:

1st July:

Black Snake Club (real ladies only now),
MJ Kitty Girl

2nd July:

Tantra

7th July ;

Tahitian Queen
Lady Love
Pandoras

8th July:

Miami
CoCo
Pin Up

9th July:

Dolls Soi 6

10th July:

Bliss
Crystal Club
Dollhouse
Glass House
Moon
Pacha
Palace
Tim Bar
Windmill Club

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2020 at 2:45 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The Sunday dinner at HH is usually good. Lots of chicken, that's the best value, Pork less, Virginia ham less still, and perhaps Lamb even less according to your report. Opt for Chicken or Pork, many good dishes, trial and error. The only one I didn't like was the dodgy cheese burger and oven chips

beg to differ on the oven chips i much prefer them in pattaya as the gaffs that proudly proclaim " home made chips"appear to change the fat annually,( wether it needs it or not )

Edited by kingdong

On 7/11/2020 at 1:14 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Looks like the authorities are requiring 22 social distancing rules to be adhered to, if you believe the owners of the bars that got raided last night.

I had aa night in Jomtiem where the rules seem to be waived, even had police sitting in one place.

8 hours ago, kingdong said:

beg to differ on the oven chips i much prefer them in pattaya as the gaffs that proudly proclaim " home made chips"appear to change the fat annually,( wether it needs it or not )

Try the chips at the Market Cafe on Soi New Plaza, the best in Pattaya, while you're at it, order ham egg chips or Ham cheese baguette chips, both specials, both 129 incl drink. Outdoor greasy spoon type place

2 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Beer Garden tonight at 11pm.

Ec5ptI2WAAEiN7A?format=jpg&name=large

Ec5pv5oXoAE01rJ?format=jpg&name=large

How busy is it usually at 11 PM? Only ever been there much earlier.

Maybe the masses had walked around the corner to Walking Street and the gogo bars were all rammed full at that time?

• Haha 2

Since the venue has been discussed on here previously I will mention that the PJ-DJ bar on Soi 7 has "temporarily" closed down. No surprise to some of us, a certain inevitability about the owners decision. Always thought it was an over-ambitious move perhaps driven by the popularity of his other bar, but then that area is now where Soi 7's traditional market has moved to all year round.