Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Is the closure of your favorite bar or restaurant imminent?

Leaver

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If it was not for Villa, it would be aa ghost town.

True.

Hard to say what's wrong with The Avenue.  Central location.  Reasonably new building.  Must be high rents.  

1 hour ago, scammed said:

you are spot on, but i quit drinking now so it dont matter that its no longer bang for buck

With the nightlife no longer important for you, and with Pattaya not having a nice beach and ocean water, how do you get your bang for your buck here?

38 minutes ago, scammed said:

im not, but in my condition the only good bang would be a painless death

You are just the target market of foreign run bars and restaurants now.  Please do visit and have a coke, or some rice.  Support your local.  ????

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Leaver said:

It was never alive to kill.  ????

the design was akin to the jomtiem complex. if any knows or remembers that. it was a few years ago..... anyone still in their pattaya nappies won't know......

On 7/27/2020 at 5:27 AM, jastheace said:

the design was akin to the jomtiem complex. if any knows or remembers that. it was a few years ago..... anyone still in their pattaya nappies won't know......

Despite being a reasonably new building, I would not be surprised if it is bulldozed and turned into high rise condo's for daily rental.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

A successful business that can’t negotiate on price as he needs to cover his losses ???? this is just the type of business  leaders we need 

A bar with a 60k rent, could realistically have a negative value.  

4 hours ago, Leaver said:

Strange narrative in this advertisement.  The Rock House on LK Metro.  

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/lk-metro-bar-for-sale-401214

He will teach, guide and mentor the new owner.

I'm sure Mike McNamee will indeed teach, guide and mentor the new owner where 5.5m baht is involved. 

But can Mr McNamee guarantee to magic up a venue full of paying punters every night of the week?  :coffee1:

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

Absolutely . So are the fixtures and fittings worth close to 6 million baht ? 

Well, not really.  At least 'mad' Mike was honest and the purchaser is aware that they're merely covering Mike's losses.  

I admire his kamikaze attitude, Chris.  ????

• Like 1

9 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I'm sure Mike McNamee will indeed teach, guide and mentor the new owner where 5.5m baht is involved. 

But can Mr McNamee guarantee to magic up a venue full of paying punters every night of the week?  :coffee1:

Why would he? He's not the owner.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:03 PM, TaaSaparot said:

Can not believe you fell for that ... well, okay, maybe I can.

Didn't fall for anything.

I said it was a strange narrative.

If a true advertisement, a strange narrative, indeed.

If a joke, possibly a narrative in poor taste, given many business owners going to the wall here.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 3:00 AM, kingdong said:

i think the way things were and the way things are going to be are two very different things,while its good to be optimistic don,t think people realise the severity of the coming implications of this pandemic,and i really hope i,m 100% wrong on this one.using the government furlough money all the propertys where i live seem to be having work done,extensions,etc etc builder mates of mine are working flat out theres a bad shortage of building materials,whats going to happen when the redundancies start?,look at google there staff are all working from home till at least till next year,what an exercise in cost saving,if they can work from home why not relocate to an emerging economy?hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

That's just going to be a bad shortage of everything here.  

On 7/30/2020 at 1:49 AM, torturedsole said:

But can Mr McNamee guarantee to magic up a venue full of paying punters every night of the week?

Yes, he can.  Just make it 40 baht beers and the place will be full.  Doesn't mean it will be profitable, but looks great to a fool considering buying it.  ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All the offtopic rubbish about working from home and Indian call centers and such have been removed and some of the posters warned for off topic trolling.

9) You will not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling. Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Looks like only 6 bars in the Made in Thailand Beer Bar complex have re-opened on the 1st.

The days of the tin roof beer bar were coming to an end.  The virus may be the final nail for them.    

• Haha 1